Sign in to follow this  
crockett (DayZ)

desync on some servers but not others

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the desync I get? This has been a problem for me as long as I've played DayZ.

It doesn't seem to be anything to do with lag as one of the servers I like to play on is very low ping and gives me no noticeable lag. Yet pretty much all the time on certain servers, I seem to get a strange desync with the server. Meanwhile on other servers I get no problems at all.

Most of the time when I get the Desync, it results in Zombies totally ignoring the fact that I'm there. It means I can actively run around with little regard to the zeds and often even shoot my gun with out having them respond. Of course that's a pretty nice option to enjoy, but the down side is I usually get no loot spawns while this is happening.

Other times everything is just very slow. Sometimes I might enter a town and have the zeds show up 2 or 3 mins after I've already been there, same with loot. Meanwhile it's not like I'm getting any lag when picking stuff up or in combat.

If you're playing on a server that hasn't been re-started for a long time it can give you issues. it would explain the lack of loot spawns too.

Edited by Fraggle

If you're playing on a server that hasn't been re-started for a long time it can give you issues. it would explain the lack of loot spawns too.

Na this server reboots every 3 hours and I can often get the desync just a short time after the reboot.

Came here to say I'm having the same thing happen to me. Ill play for 10 minutes, desync, wont see a chain, server restarts every 6 hours that I play on, been ongoing on all servers I join for last 2 days. Only way to fix it is to disconnect then reconnect every 10 minutes. VERY frustrating after running for 30 minutes to a loot spawn just to remember I have to relog 200 meters away just to play the game every 10 minutes.