Mr Mouse

New to game - looking for a few friends

I've had DayZ since Christmas, having bought the 50% offer from Steam. My knowledge of actually playing the game is at noob level, but my knowledge of the game is fairly high after watching pretty much all the Youtube videos I could find; weeks upon weeks.

I have only died once since purchase and am kitted out with food, drink, bandages assault rifle, hunting rifle, morphine, blood packs...the lot, yet have no in game friends; hence I would very much like some friends to roam around with, although I know not to trust anyone. My blood is low after a few zombie attacks, and I desperately need blood - my screen is grey.

I'm not new to the FPS genre itself, having represented my country at international gaming tournaments in the past (mainly high level Return to Castle Wolfenstein gamer back in the day), but I am new to the game. I like roaming around on my own but I feel I'd get slightly more out of the experience by sticking with a few buddies.

One question I have is: are there any good and well respected servers out there? I use DayZ Commander and the number of servers is quite endless, even after applying filters. I know people won't state their favourite servers here in case hackers jump on them, but any information, even via PM, would be most welcome. I'll probably die soon due to being low on blood, therefore I'll be a fresh spawn looking for a good time (that sounded like a lonely hearts column). Thanks.

Go into the DayZ general discussion thread and at the top you'll find survivor hq and (ass) bandit campfire, you can find a lot more people who like playing together in there!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/7-dayz-general-discussion/

There is also a server thread where you can fin a great server to play on, but ask about some may not be local ot your location.

http://dayzmod.com/f...server-general/

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I'm sorry but paying 12,50 euros(or whatever currency) for Arma 2:CO only to play dayz is pretty damn retarded at this moment. The standalone version of DayZ will come out shortly(could be in a week.. maximum 2months)

Hi pal,I'm a total noob but quick learner.ive got a few supplies (medical)but not much in guns and ammo.but if you wanna team up for a session .my Skype is :smokey010113

I'm sorry but paying 12,50 euros(or whatever currency) for Arma 2:CO only to play dayz is pretty damn retarded at this moment. The standalone version of DayZ will come out shortly(could be in a week.. maximum 2months)

Depends on your financial situation though as I'll be buying the standalone on release too. Also, as you've pointed out, nobody knows when the standalone is going to be released, and as I currently have free time around the festive period I thought I'd take the plunge. Thanks for your concern though.

I'm sorry if I offended you. If people are rich well 12,50 won't mean a thing :) But generally speaking I believe 12,50 euros could be better spent on another great steam winter sale!

Edited by Matman

I am confident that the DayZ mod and the SA will be different enough from each other to warrant getting hold of both to be honest, especially as development of the mod will continue alongside the Stand Alone. I suspect they may even go in different directions after a while.

One question I have is: are there any good and well respected servers out there? I use DayZ Commander and the number of servers is quite endless, even after applying filters. I know people won't state their favourite servers here in case hackers jump on them, but any information, even via PM, would be most welcome. I'll probably die soon due to being low on blood, therefore I'll be a fresh spawn looking for a good time (that sounded like a lonely hearts column). Thanks.

Most private hives I've tried are good, but you run the risk of losing everything if anything happens to the server (so I have lots of them in my favorites list!). You might want to look into getting whitelisted at some point too if you want protected servers.

Edited by Jamz

Give me an add on skype: FreidnlySniper

I'm bored of tracking around on my own

Edited by Friendlysniper

I play on a white listed private hive. Uk 46 run by balota buddies. There's a nice little community building up there, and a lot of the players are active on these forums. You don't mention what time zone you are in but there is an Australian and American contingent as well as UK/EU.