AlexGoesHard

Offering Help to New Players!

If your new and want me to team with you or just help you out in-game, post here with your Skype name or add me.

Edited by AlexGoesHard

Uh... I'm utterly new to Arma and DayZ. I have no idea how to get into a server and stay there. Using the DayZ commander, but I just get kicked.

Yes, I am the noobiest of them all.

I got the game as a Christmas gift on Steam and im downloading it right now (Still many hours left to go)

I just want to know is there anything i should keep in mind or certain do and dont after the game complete its installation..

As per few youtube vids its recommended to play the single player game Arma 2 and OA and then Download install DayZ Commander and update everything from it..

I also noticed options in the youtube vids. Steam options should i check them both or leave them blank ????

Also Note this is the first time im ever downloading any game from Steam how will i get the Key for it ? also what will happen if i ever decide to format my PC and make a new clean instillation of the game (i hope there is no limit on it or conditions on it :P )

I got the game as a Christmas gift on Steam and im downloading it right now (Still many hours left to go)

I just want to know is there anything i should keep in mind or certain do and dont after the game complete its installation..

As per few youtube vids its recommended to play the single player game Arma 2 and OA and then Download install DayZ Commander and update everything from it..

I also noticed options in the youtube vids. Steam options should i check them both or leave them blank ????

Also Note this is the first time im ever downloading any game from Steam how will i get the Key for it ? also what will happen if i ever decide to format my PC and make a new clean instillation of the game (i hope there is no limit on it or conditions on it :P )

I'm going to bed right now (considering it is Eastern time here, currently 3:45) but tomorrow if you want you can message me on Skype and I can walk you through how to get everything started and then lend you a helping hand in-game.

I believe you get no key as the game is linked to your steam account alone. Don't quote me on that.

I believe you get no key as the game is linked to your steam account alone. Don't quote me on that.

This is true - you get no key. Just purchase the game off Steam and it gets added to your library. Download DayZ Commander, install updates and mod from there. Find a server and it launches. No key was needed.

This is true - you get no key. Just purchase the game off Steam and it gets added to your library. Download DayZ Commander, install updates and mod from there. Find a server and it launches. No key was needed.

Bump.

On-Topic: He is correct, you don't get a key, but if you want to know what your key was you can check it on steam by right-clicking the game and selecting "View CD Key" or something like that.

You only need a Key if you bought the actual disk copy of the game, if you buy it off steam it does everything for you.

Thanks a lot for the help information...

Actually i was just curious about the key and how the whole steam system works... As i have always purchased hard CD copies of game and in whole India i was not able to find hard copy of Arma 2 but luckily the gift was really blessing for me :D

I will be dropping in again if i have more question or need help.. And thank Alex for a good help topic :)

:beans:

edit: dont add this person on skype he just try to scam me with xbox 360 trials .

Edited by ponystein

edit: dont add this person on skype he just try to scam me with xbox 360 trials .

Your an arrogant fuck.

This is are chatlog:

[8:33:12 PM] ponystein: hello ?

[8:33:25 PM] Alex: Hello.

[8:35:36 PM] ponystein: so your helping bambies out ?

[8:36:57 PM] Alex: 'bambies'?

[8:40:04 PM] ponystein: lol

[8:40:24 PM] ponystein: yea its what ppl call newbies on dayz^^

[8:40:38 PM] ponystein: and i am a newbie so ..

[8:46:18 PM] ponystein: i guess not then my mistake , bye

[8:46:38 PM] Alex: I'm sorry, I'm having an issue with paypal and I'm on the phone with them.

[8:46:45 PM] Alex: Can you give me a few minutes?

not trying to be rude.

[8:47:49 PM] ponystein: k

[8:49:10 PM] Alex: So sorry about that, alright I'm done.

[8:51:01 PM] ponystein: o k

[8:51:23 PM] Alex: Alright, anything in specific your looking for?

[8:53:11 PM] ponystein: well not really lol just some general advice

[8:53:39 PM] ponystein: i dont know how different standalone will be to the version thats out now

[8:53:49 PM] Alex: probably around the same..

[8:54:20 PM] ponystein: i mean

[8:54:43 PM] ponystein: spawn locations might be different , weapon drops , etc

[8:54:56 PM] Alex: Oh yeah, most of your weapon finds are going to be from other players.

[8:55:07 PM] ponystein: im really bad at fps games as well i got slow reaction time

[8:55:08 PM] Alex: The best weapon your going to hope to find that's not from another player is probably a Lee Enfield.

[8:55:33 PM] Alex: I would try not to look for fair fights then, try and sneak up behind some snipers and if you get into a firefight just run away and hide.

[8:56:15 PM] Alex: This is a random question, but do you have a 48 hour xbox trial?

or a 14 day?

[8:56:23 PM] ponystein: yea i learn that if you hide in a bush and next to a helicopter zombies cant hurt you

[8:57:13 PM] ponystein: i got month free gold membership code for xbox 360 somewhere laying around why ?

[8:57:19 PM] Alex: ugh.

[8:57:23 PM] Alex: Would you be willing to spare that?

[8:57:31 PM] Alex: I'm out of membership in a few hours. ;3

[8:58:06 PM] ponystein: yea ill just hand over that to a complete stranger i met literally 10 minutes ago ...

[8:58:26 PM] Alex: I was just checking o.O I didn't know you actually needed it or anything..

[8:58:30 PM] Alex: it's fine though :/

[8:58:56 PM] ponystein: if your not going to give me tips then im deleting you from my contacts .

[8:59:06 PM] Alex: lmfao...

[8:59:13 PM] Alex: go ahead.ahead

[8:59:21 PM] Alex: Rude >.>

[8:59:28 PM] ponystein: enjoy your block

[8:59:31 PM] Alex: I care..?

+1 for graves yard's server. Been playing there on and off today. Tons of helpful people!!

I'll be checking that out, your the 2nd person that has recommended it to me.

Edited by Inception.
NO PERSONAL INSULTS. READ the rules.

New to dayz, I'm on steam... If you wanna help or are a newb I'm sure wel get the hang of it... Message me to add me on steam .. Or just add me my username is guerogb (just let me know ur from dayz)