Sign in to follow this  
verozo

Should I get it now, or wait for SA version?

I've been lurking around and wanting to really try this out, and with the steam sales it's really tempting me. But seems like SA will come around soon.. Don't wanna blow my wallet just to spend it on the same thing next few days/weeks.

I have nothing to base this on but my "gut" tell me SA wont be out untill June. Its cheap on steam and DAYZ isnt the only option when it comes to the mods.

I've heard that they plan on releasing SA sometime between January and March though nothing is confirmed. If you really want to play it then I suggest you buy it. They're a lot of other great mods for Arma and Arma itself is amazing.

If you have a little bit off interest in the base game then I'd say yeah. I bought arma 2 for dayz and had plenty of awesome/hilarious hours with arma as well! In fact I spent probably close 24 hours learning and creating my own mission for arma! :D

If I were a Arma salesperson, I'd tell you to get it now and buy 4 copies while you're at it.

But I'm not, so I tell you, good sir, that you should get it now and buy 18 copies!

• Like 4

It's worth it for the price alone, as everyone else mentioned, there's also wasteland and other mods that make ArmA 2 one of a kind.

I'd go for it. There's still no solid release date for the standalone, Arma 2 doesn't cost heaps at the moment, it's well worth it. Plus it'll give you a good idea on what to expect in the standalone

Are there newbie friendly groups or something? And how sucky it is without a mic?

Are there newbie friendly groups or something? And how sucky it is without a mic?

You dont really need a mic, its really only usefull if your in close proximity to your group. Most servers have side chat off or rule against talking in side chat allowing text only.

None that ive heard of, you just basicly team up with someone who comes along(If the chosen person is not a bandit :) )

If you have cash to blow, go ahead and get it now. Expect it to be buggy, expect there to be hackers on pubs. If nothing else, you'll still have ARMA, which can be a fun game in its own right. Just don't expect to be able to Rambo it (but I'm sure you already know that).

I had the same issue and I just did it. Waiting for the download to complete and hoping to have a blast playing it!

So I just got it and have a few questions to ask. How do you guys loot fast in big towns or even small ones? I tend to get noticed by zombies, even if im crouching and walking

Take your time, move more slowly & use prone, keep an eye on those indicators on the right (Eye&Noise) ;-) Situation awareness! Or join a group of players and rush in guns blazing...

I really advise against it, ArmA 3 is right around the corner and arma 2 will be invalidated soon enough as well...

id bet the farm SA doesnt release till close to june.

Id rather the DayZ Mod patch tbh then Arma 3 :-) Not that fussed on SA really..

The SA might not be out for another few months. You could get it to get in some practice. You could also just use Arma 2 free if you're short on funds.

As for a mic, I'd say it is a lot better with it. You can team up with people a lot easier, not get shot as easily, communicate with people easier and just generally make it more fun and less tedious.

You can get a really cheap headset for next to nothing.

So I just got it and have a few questions to ask. How do you guys loot fast in big towns or even small ones? I tend to get noticed by zombies, even if im crouching and walking

Stick close to buildings, it makes you less noticable.

Buy it, But ask your self, "Do i need a social life this year?"

Lingor

Chernarus

Namalsk

Taviana

Just a few reasons why, Youwill not be playing these maps in the SA for some time I should imagine. A lot of time will be spent fixing and repairing the SA upon release as opposed to additional content. If you can experience the Mod and play it till you get the SA, you will be in great company. When the SA comes out people will play it to death, but the DayZ community will be moving with the Mod making improvements and additions not in the SA. Rocket may not like to include others work into the mod but others may give permission and we'll have one of the greatest sandboxes available

The new SA engine will no doubt offer benefits the mod cannot do so buy both, the world of DayZ will explode this year, awards and notice it deserves. Plus, you can say you have played both and offer a better opinion than the SA users alone (You know what it is like when everyone jumps on the bandwagon) These forums are going to get a lot more mental.

i got another copy for my boy as it was on offer for ten quid on greenmangaming

standalone wont be for few months atleast now and its worth that just for play time until released plus the other great mods like wasteland .