Sign in to follow this  
Botelho31

Realistic Sniping

you have range cards, like this: http://www.scribd.co...orrection-Guide

and other rifles like as50, m24, have zeroing (basically the same as adjusting range on the scope turret)

That's a pretty rough ranging card; the mildot one I built in excel is granular in detail from 15-180cm in .25 mil increments heheh. When I say using the turret I literally mean making players remember the number of clicks of adjustment they need at various zeros ;)

I would like to see sniping a bit more realistic, as in wind and recoil (as in the scope doesn't instantly snap back to your target) but i wouldn't want it too overly complicated.

To me hitting a moving target from 800m would take extreme skill and this should be evident in DayZ. Run of the mill sniper noobs (such as myself) should find it extremely difficult without practise.

And the sounds should attract zombies.

That's a pretty rough ranging card; the mildot one I built in excel is granular in detail from 15-180cm in .25 mil increments heheh. When I say using the turret I literally mean making players remember the number of clicks of adjustment they need at various zeros ;)

uff, that would be - masochistic, but cool; in combination with various scopes every gun would be a b*** to setup and if anyone took it from you he'd have to figure it out completely anew

Not sure how they would implement it though, don't think these settings are in the game