tals975

Do you ever feel bad, or regret a kill?

Title :) Im just starting to banditize, so I really dont know yet. But when ever I kill a player I always apologize in general chat :P

When I got my hands on an AS50 for the first time... I really wanted to try it out.

I shot some dude with an AK near a hunting shack. After looting I regretted it. He had nothing of value and I felt sorry.

I don't consider myself a bandit. That was one of the few kills I made without having a good reason.

Also you would get more answers at the general section, or at the survivor HQ :P

I've only really murdered someone once without being provoked. I was walking down a staircase in an industrial building with a hatchet. Another player came running up the stairs with a winchester rifle. i'd had a frustrating run of deaths where I'd been betrayed and killed on sight without any means of defense, so rather than tempt fate by asking him if he was friendly, I simply hacked him to pieces with the hatchet and took his gun and beans.

I actually did feel really guilty about it afterwards to the point of apologizing in side chat and offering to leave his stuff on his corpse, but he didn't reply.

While I somewhat benefitted from the banditry (got myself a gun and some supplies), it's nothing that I wouldn't have gotten from doing a quick run through one of the cities or hitting a couple of smaller towns.

But if we're talking about killing other bandits then i don't really feel guilty. If I feel threatened/have reason to think another player is going to attack me, then I generally feel justified in kililng them. I'd just feel guilty if I murdered without reason.

I don't see how people feel guilty. You get KOS, they get KOS, it's the circle of DayZ. I'd rather kill them anyway, less loot-competition, and it's becoming a chore to help ignorant people get some loot they'll lose in a bit because they're stupid.

• Like 2

The only way you would feel slightly guilty is if it was a really easy kill, but its the other players fault for making it too easy for you. In fact when I see someone who is too comfotable looting or not being aware of their surroundings, I will shoot them just to teach them a lesson, it is afterall DayZ.

i'd only ever feel guilty if i shot a team-mate by accident.

other than that, kill or be killed is the general nature of the game, nobody expects to live forever. its supposed to be unforgiving. shouting "friendly! don't shoot.." in direct comms usually gets you shot, and robbed.

I think I would feel sad for someone if I killed them and they didn't have anything good but I haven't really killed anyone yet who hasn't shot at me, in that case screw them I'd kill them again for free, with a spoon, a rusty one.

Edited by Chris529

i'd only ever feel guilty if i shot a team-mate by accident.

other than that, kill or be killed is the general nature of the game, nobody expects to live forever. its supposed to be unforgiving. shouting "friendly! don't shoot.." in direct comms usually gets you shot, and robbed.

Back when I first started playing, saying "Friendly! Don't shoot" actually seemed to work more often than not, and I would end up making friends/finding groups to play in. Made the game more fun at the time. But yeah, nowadays saying friendly is basically just advertising the fact that you're not going to shoot someone first. Which is why I tend to avoid players rather than engage them now.

• Like 1

Back when I first started playing, saying "Friendly! Don't shoot" actually seemed to work more often than not, and I would end up making friends/finding groups to play in. Made the game more fun at the time. But yeah, nowadays saying friendly is basically just advertising the fact that you're not going to shoot someone first. Which is why I tend to avoid players rather than engage them now.

when i first started it took days before i even saw another player, so when i did i jumped at the chance for a team-mate. needless to say i was shot in the face at point blank range (i was unarmed..) and despite the bandit's advice in side-chat to "never shout 'friendly' dude.." i persisted and persisted hoping one day my faith in humanity would be restored.

it never was.. now i shoot anyone who isn't on teamspeak with me, unarmed or not. chances are i'll die by my own means within a day anyways.

I disagree with the whole Kill or be Killed as a genuine "Friendly" I enjoy the team building aspect and have had some great outings with guys/girls ive met in the wild. Building legitimate in game relationships and sharing loot watching each others back. But Bandits make the game fun aswell and I still have an open mind to a persons own playstyle hunting survivors is a way to gain loot but I just think there is more to this games potential than a "Snipe Fest" or flat out backstabbing seconds after meeting is really predictable.

Killing a survivor for no reason I havn't done that but getting that Bandit whos been sniping innocents in Cherno highly rewarding especially when you break there legs with a hatchet first :)

I play with a real world attitude if I see someone minding there on business collecting supplies I really dont have the need to shoot at them just because I have better kit at the time. And I think that really reflects the personality behind the keyboard. and yes I help old ladies cross the road IRL and give to charities haha. Or this might aswell be just a BF3 map with zombies and snacks thrown in. The whole shoot on sight mentality is pretty boring building teams then hunting High Threat Pro Bandits thats were the fun is for me. And I look forward to melee weapons so when I can get personal with you Bambi hunters :P

But the beauty in this game is "How You Play" I respect all playstyles but not a fan of hacking just breaks the game I was immersed in

• Like 1

All that being said I have died many times asking "You Friendly" but worth the time when you do team-up with a genuine survivor the way I see it Bandit "Easy Mode" Hero "Hard Mode"

• Like 1

Only one kill I felt bad for.

Decided to try being a friendly, met up with a really cool guy. Got over it pretty quick, shot him in the legs, and was going to leave him there so i could get away, but he was screaming and begging over chat to help him and calling me names and shit. M107 will fuck a nigga up from 10 meters away

I first killed a player running at me with a hatchet.

He said friendly after I started, so there was no stopping and I felt bad. Apologized in chat tho, and he said it's ok as he is new, and he should know how to approach players while armed.

Also, I regret NOT killing one. There was a sniper in a firestation near Elektro, I came up the building and he was following me, and I knew it. I kept shouting friendly, went to the very last one as he followed me. He pointed his gun at me, kept saying friendly, but he shot after like 4 seconds.

And then I was really low on blood in Elektro, asked someone to help me out. He seemed friendly, and I told him where I was. As I was climbing down the ladder, he shot me in the back around 7 times before I fell the rest of the way down. Then I cursed him very repeatedly in chat untill he replyed something really stupid.

i do not regret killing anyone( i have killed around 20 people). Most were bandits and the others would have shot me if they could.

Nope, its the law of the jungle. Kill or be killed. Plus why let them live? So they can kill you first or loot something before you do?

I was in the NWA with my friend today i had a AS50 with a ghillie suit and he was spotting, a guy ran right across the runway, I shot him once in the chest he died instantly. I regret nothing im not normally a bandit but anything goes at the airfield and besides he was stupid running right across the airfield thats darwinisum for you. We got what we deserved, whilst collecting the loot my friend got shot with about a million 50.cal rounds from nowhere after he died i saw a sniper bolting across towards his body, one more shot he too was dead. I tried to grab my friends gear but only managed to grab his m9sd before narrowly escaping flanking, m14 death. The morale of this story banditry killed my friend, nearly killed me and for what? we didnt even get the loot.

Always. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I remember after my group and I ran into a bunch of glitches my friend died to one of the said glitches (he fell through solid ground).

He was so pissed that a few minutes later you start seeing

**** Was Killed.

******** Was Killed.

**** Was Killed.

After every kill he said "that was me."

So, in a group of 7, 3 of us died to glitches, we flipped an SUV to a glitch etc. He was pissed.

Needless to say, those guys were pretty mad but there was nothing I could do.

I don't really regret killing people, although I only kill people who are armed, either guns or crowbars or hatchets.

It's either killed or be killed in this game :/

Originally yes, I did remember the names of the first ten or so players I killed. Then the rest was sort of a blur.

At worst I probably feel bad most when it's a misunderstanding. I remember helping a freshie on Namalsk and meeting him at Old Hospital to give him some medical treatment and supplies. We were in the school and I was kitted up fully with everything including warm clothes so I was a touch paranoid. We were in a room and he just found an ALICE pack and he went silent for a few seconds as I was peaking out of the doorway after I thought I heard movement outside.

When I turn back to face him he had just readied a Makarov and was looking right at me and I just flipped that selector to auto and emptied a whole magazine from my suppressed M4A1 into him... He came onto my TS channel and HE was the one who said sorry that he should have said something.

Another was when I was farming for tank traps for a barricade when a freshie came up to me and took me by surprised. He just laid down and said "just do it man..."

I told him I wouldn't shoot an unarmed player.

But my mate would! He exited to the west and I informed my compatriot and he recorded a nice video feed of trying to make the bloke comply. I just remember hearing "you shouldn't be running... YOU SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING!" followed by a good burst of gunfire.

• Like 2

haha. "YOU SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING!"

There is one kill that will forever remain imprinted in my memory.

Namalsk, Sitting in trees just off land bridge on Old Hospital side. Ghille suite and armed with SVD Camo. I thought no one would see me here as I waited for unexpecting victim to cross 'death bridge'.

An extended amount of time passes before I see an unarmed Bambi at the shore line staring straight at my location. He then starts to run directly towards me, pausing a few times as I scope him up. I let him approach so we can communicate and he begins to tell me how he seen something moving within the trees and came up for closer look.

After a short few back-n-forths about the miserable weather and my nice gun he then asks if I can kill him. I switched to PDW and clarify his choice is thought through and final. After a few rounds not so well placed to the neck, he prones to the ground blood squirting out everywhere, screaming "Ahhhhhhhhhhh! YOU KILLED ME! YOU KILLED ME!" I lost my shit in laughter at the sight and continued to shoot him as he rolled around on the cold soil until he finally died.

• Like 2

I never regret a kill.

For those I kill are the ones who are in deservation.