Sign in to follow this  
Maj3stic

More Servers in Asia

Hello survivors and bandits,

I have a humble suggestion/request I would like to see either in the mod or standalone.

I am a survivor living in Asia, and I love to play DayZ.

Unfortunately, the only servers that are always on are American. They have the lowest ping (180),

with an FPS of around 10 and with lag spikes, 1.

Essentially, it makes you want to kill yourself XD

Anyway, since there are many Asians playing the mod with server hosting that is unreliable here,

it would be beneficial to everyone if there were more official dedicated servers, rather than some

dude at his office using his S3 server.

I hope you take heed of my advice, as this humble survivor is craving zombie blood...

Edited by Maj3stic

BTW, the servers that are hosted here are often really tiny and also are only on when the dude actually wants to play, so not often. For the past 4 months all the Korean/Chinese/Japanese servers have not been on (at least not that I have seen).

C'ya in Cherno...

Have you tried Aussie servers?

Even Aussies don't play on Australian servers lol. Your looking at about $400 a month.

Have you tried Aussie servers?

Yes I have, but they still lag. However, I connect depending on the ping inside Arma II, which may be incorrect. Usually, servers I can connect to are either spammed with side chat, infestd with hackers, or on some other island (I prefer vanilla).

Anyway, yeah, Aussie and European servers lag. I have tried Russian ones, which are ok, but they often turn on and off frequently. I hope the on/off thing becomes something servers should be prosecuted for, as it buzzkills my DayZ happy time...

Wow, sorry to hear it's so hard for you to play over there :( . Regarding hacking and so on, find yourself a well run private server, although that doesn't address the ping issue.

Even Aussies don't play on Australian servers lol. Your looking at about $400 a month.

They do at Balotabuddies!!!

I play on US server catering to Aussies, ping isn't really that much of an issue in this game unless you start getting up to 300-500+

The 10FPS is raising a red flag here.

That's no usually affected (and if to any extent, not by much anymore) by the server or your PING.

What kind of hardware are you using?

Desyncs are more of an issue than PING, also.

Which is itself more dependant on the quality of the connection than the 'width or speed.

The 10FPS is raising a red flag here.

That's no usually affected (and if to any extent, not by much anymore) by the server or your PING.

What kind of hardware are you using?

Desyncs are more of an issue than PING, also.

Which is itself more dependant on the quality of the connection than the 'width or speed.

I have very good hardware (Alienware M17x), but lag due to connection issues. My laptop can run the game decently, it's just bad connection