Sign in to follow this  
lt88

Why does everone shoot frist?

So just started the few days ago but evertime im running around town looking for loot food etc. People always shoot frist died few times but hey got my stuff back. I really don't get it, more so why new players always want to shoot you. All I want is to loot some junk and run away, more over to find a map that I keep losing...

Because everyone's paranoid, and some are just bastards.

I've met many friendlies playing DayZ though, it takes time and patience, don't run up to everyone you see shouting "friendly".

some people enjoy ruining someones day, some peple may need food or like your gun, and others simply don't trust anybody.

It just makes it even better when you find a friendly :)

If everyone shoots first and you don't shoot first that would therefore mean that the other person would shoot first.

If they shot first you would die therefore you shoot first.

Yup.. We're good here.. That makes sense.

O.o I thought it was just a friendly means of saying hi!. *gets shot at from behind* Hello!

In all seriousness, its a game of everyman for himself in most cases, other cases its because they can, and some instances, its just an accident. .... But mostly its because they can and want everything for themselves.

And....its not too far from what could occur in real life though maybe not as common to the level of Day Z but it really could occur.

there are many players who dont shoot first but usually they are dead and you meet the ones who shot them.

I only shot one player without warning and he was a bandit (they dont count). apart from that one guy I never shoot first and I usually die because of that.

But I am stuborn and I refuse to kill on sight. I guess I still have faith in humanity lol

Edited by SiiriXX
  • Like 1

If I had any great suggestions for you, I would give them, but sadly, I got none. You cant manipulate the way others play, nor try and avoid that system. You just have to accept the fact that when you meet someone there's a 60% chance he'll kill you, 20% chance he'll run away from you thinking you'll kill him and 20% chance that he will team with you.

Everybody shoots first because it's a high risk not shootiing first because...

yes you get it

because everybody shoots first.

I guess I still have faith in humanity lol

And this right here *tear* is why we might have a chance.

Have no faith. Be calculated. Its cold outside. Wear a coat.

Get a canteen, matches, and a axe, stick to the woods - enjoy the rest of your days ALONE.

... I honestly watch players now a days, and don't even engage them or talk. I've had to many people claim to be one thing and be another. No punishment for playing bandit in DayZ - which is what makes the game sweet.

In real life friends, are the only ones to be trusted off the bat. Even virtual buddys that you've gamed with for a while could be a minor risk... ;D

Edited by FinKone

there are many players who dont shoot first but usually they are dead and you meet the ones who shot them.

I only shot one player without warning and he was a bandit (they dont count). apart from that one guy I never shoot first and I usually die because of that.

But I am stuborn and I refuse to kill on sight. I guess I still have faith in humanity lol

same here lol. At least when im unarmed i dont care much. But i usaully am dumbfounded when they shoot me when im unarmed -.-

But when I do have a gun, I like to think they wont shoot :P. unless they are doing something suspicious.

Well I do get the hole survival of the fittest deal, but just annoying I guess since new players are like cod players.

this is my latest incident..

just picked up 3 people from a city a was waiting at, all new players "were going north are u coming".. says aye ...so we running for about 30 mins and im talking in side chat all the time not one reponse from them but thay could hear cos thay were doing as i said, then thay stopped and shot at ground in front of me ,so i says what u doing ,then thay all pointed weapons at me and started firing ..like point blank didnt get one hit ..,ran behind tree ...1 shot each killed all three(M14 AIM) ... then thay come on the chat sying "fenwick isnt friendly hes a bandit"...,,,.they said they were telling me to go from side chat (global) to direct chat (local) .....but thay were saying it on local chat or mic or sumthing i genuinly didnt hear them .....getting loads a shit off one kidda saying we warned u plenty of times ,,,.. i says why didnt u run away and leave me then i wouldnt have been bothered( i wasnt holding them to ransom ) .....but no thought they were cleaver ....."weel just shoot him theres three of us only one of him " ....nar didnt work did it.. you three are dead im fine

bearing in mind i have been playing that server which is (18 players max friendly server) for about 5 weeks never killed anyone before and made lots of friends ...my main thing objective is helping out new players to get them kitted up this was another one of those that went terribly wrong ..now through a communication problem im now known as i murderer on my local server ..got shot at defended myself ..heartbrake ..lol

ahhhh the wonders of DAY Z..