Tigerr13

DayZ 1.7.1 Discussion - Others will be locked/deleted!

agreed!

a thread that isnt all QQ....what is this madness :P

the game scares me again...just like it did in the beginning... and thats the reason I've racked up over 400hrs in the past 3? weeks lol

Signed.

We should support him with ideas, instead of telling him that "everything he does is crap."

We should also be glad that he actually comes up with new stuff for us to toy with.

The only thing i donth like, Is that i have no freaking sounds after the 1.7.1 update! xD

It's too hard to stealth.

It's too easy to just run wherever you want and never stealth again.

Return LOS to how it was. Gameplay is more important than ultra-realism.

Zombies and Towns in 1.7.1:

-Enter town.

-Run to building of interest.

-Disregard all zombies and player activity.

-No repercussions, as zombies can't find you anymore, even if you run inside a dead end building.

-Run back out.

-Lead zombies down a hill so they fall and die.

-Congrats, you looted a town.

Who in their right mind would ever want to sneak past zombies anymore, when it's near impossible now? Not to mention they can still see you through walls as well.

Good post OP. I just wished the patches would be released with a bit more testing since some of them bring some annoying bugs, usually lag or FPS related.

It`s awesome,a lot of surprises in houses and after die need search gun.

Patch add tactics walk/run between zombie.

Good post OP. I just wished the patches would be released with a bit more testing since some of them bring some annoying bugs' date=' usually lag or FPS related.

[/quote']

Here is the cool thing about an Alpha... WE are the testers! :D

HAY GUISE DIS UPDATE IS KOOL CUZ ITS ULTRA REELISTIC AND THAT TRANSLATES TO GUD GAMEPLEY SOMERHOW

Zombies were too easy to sneak past... that's it.

That doesn't make sense. I'm talking about the attack range, not the detection range.

I like the premise and direction behind a lot of the changes, but obviously, could use tweaking. #1 I think would be Zed spawns.

I'm not sure where I stand with no starting gun. If we add the option to melee, would be a no-brainer really for me. /hint /nudge /wink

@Timberwolf

Well, the thing is, *we* are the testers.

It also allows people with a weapon to mindless kill people on the coast' date=' knowing that all they can do is rape them with a male masturbation toy to defend themselves. Also, 90% people don't join dark servers and in fact hate dark servers, so the chances of them using their fleshlights are fuck all.

[/quote']

Are you saying that after spawning with a makarov, you would have been able to defend yourself vs someone with a DMR trying to kill you on the coast from 600m away? And oh GOD NO, getting a weapon IS SO DAMNED HARD. I only pass 20+ random M1911s, makarovs, revolvers, lee enfields, winchesters and crossbows within 15 minutes of spawning a new character. If you want easy mode, hit Alt-F4. That activates it.

Have you been to a deer stand yet and had the unfortunate event of being spotted? Easily 10 zombies spawn on deer stands now with near super human strength (can't get attacked without going unconscious). I'd hate to even see what happens at NW airfield *shudders just thinking about it*

I believe that attack range was increased to so that running away would be less beneficial.

HAY GUISE DIS UPDATE IS KOOL CUZ ITS ULTRA REELISTIC AND THAT TRANSLATES TO GUD GAMEPLEY SOMERHOW

Hey guys I cannot spell and want to play an army SIMULATOR while secretly wishing for a air-strike every time I kill 5 zombies.

It also allows people with a weapon to mindless kill people on the coast' date=' knowing that all they can do is rape them with a male masturbation toy to defend themselves. Also, 90% people don't join dark servers and in fact hate dark servers, so the chances of them using their fleshlights are fuck all.

[/quote']

Are you saying that after spawning with a makarov, you would have been able to defend yourself vs someone with a DMR trying to kill you on the coast from 600m away? And oh GOD NO, getting a weapon IS SO DAMNED HARD. I only pass 20+ random M1911s, makarovs, revolvers, lee enfields, winchesters and crossbows within 15 minutes of spawning a new character. If you want easy mode, hid Alt-F4. That activates it.

Calling bullshit. Half of the spawns you get insta attacked due to the increased sensitivity of Zombie sight range, and the rest of the areas are impossible to get to due to lack of cover. There's maybe 2-3 barns you could hit that would be relatively easy.

Sigh..........

I've seen people with Helicopters strafing newbs on the fucking coastline. You think they really cared about expending precious fuel on a bunch of newbs? No.

In a post apocalyptic world where you're facing a bunch of defenseless survivors and your geared to the teeth in military gear' date=' you're likely to kill them out of sheer boredom for shits and giggles.

[/quote']

Change server, pick up some friends. Also I'm not sure about you're last paragraph are you saying that's what would happen in real life or whats happens in this game?

Both, when you've acquired a substantial amount of power you will feel the need to exert it.

Calling bullshit. Half of the spawns you get insta attacked due to the increased sensitivity of Zombie sight range' date=' and the rest of the areas are impossible to get to due to lack of cover. There's maybe 2-3 barns you could hit that would be relatively easy.

[/quote']

No you don't, And if you do spawn by zombies RUN you can lose zombies in a forest or round a hill if you are clever about it. Also not every spawn has some jack-ass sitting their with a gun you don't need cover. 2-3 Barns? So that's probably a CZ or a Shotty and maybe some food and drink. Everything you need to go on the hunt for more.

Alright' date=' I would just like to throw this out there, the new changes in 1.7.1 are glorious. The game is what it should have been. It forces people to cooperate and play together and the real threat now is the zombies (that actually kill things now). I actually made a friend in-game today and traveled with them for a very long time. I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't shoot me on the coast and actually gave me ammo for the makarov I found later while he was protecting my ass from the zombies.

However, I notice people complaining that it's too hard, that they can't stealth and the game sucks because they can't adapt to the new zombie behaviours. I would like to say, Rocket please do not listen to cries of the few. I think most of us really enjoy the raised difficulty and love the mod even more! (I could be wrong, but from what I see that seems to be the consensus.)

Though, I would like to point out an issue that has been amplified with this update, (you said not to mention this because its a known issue already but I'm going to say it anyways :P) the wall attacking. It's even more brutal now because of the zombies increased attack range. Now even in larger buildings like the apartments in Berezino and some of the larger homes the zombies are hitting you from everywhere. Once this gets panned out the update will be flawless.

All of you haters crying that it's too hard; I hate to say it, but learn to play.

[/quote']

i agree, but how are you suppose to group up if you either cant get onto a server, or when you do you cant get to your mates or your in a barren wasteland? :D ( my problem, dunno if anybody else is having it, OR could someone help me with this?)

i dunno but i m fully gear after 35m, already and only killed 2 zombies in cherno while playing at 8fps. i think this game is not for you monarch. like the update so far besides teh bad fps

Yeah I spawned on the beach, went into town, hour later im leaving cherno with a good sidearm, primary, backpack etc and I never got hit. It is quite easy to lose the zambies and isn't very hard to find supplies.