Sign in to follow this  
Alex988

chars wont save anymore?

hi,

it has been 6months since i played dayz the last time, and today i returend :D

but i got a big problem, my damn chars wont save anymore. Had a nice start and i wanted to switch the server because of lag and now i have a new char. im sure i was out of any danger when i logged. :( did i miss something?

i just ask because on another server i spawned with a pistol and mp5, after switching server they where gone.

Edited by Alex988

There are 2 types of server.

Public Hive and Private Hive.

Public HIve servers you start with only the basic items (Flashlight, bandage, pack etc.) on the beach.

If you log out of any public hive server, you can log in to any other public hive server and use the same character - they are all linked.

Private Hive servers are privately owned and your character only exists on that specific server.

The cheap loadout server you started on would be it's own server and your character only exists there.

Also, yes they removed the "save" command completely. Right now (of course with the latest community patch) everything works fine for me. My tents and items and car dont get lost after every restart. Im playing on a public server. Thanks to the community again.

You dont have to save them now anyway. Just get in and get out of your car and you should be fine. Same with the tents...

ok thanks a lot, that helped.

so its not possible to overide your char right?