Sign in to follow this  
KeithHUN

Performance issues

Hey. First sorry for my bad english.

So I've checked the system requirements, and it should be all fine. But I have a very big performance issue, It seems I cant have more than 30 FPS out of town, when I'm in big towns e.g. Cherno, or Elektro, I get a huge FPS drop

System spec.:

Win 7 64 bit

Intel Core QUAD CPU. 2.67GHZ

4,00GB DDR3

Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 2GB

So Thats my spec and it should run smoothly on medium / low graphics but... Thanks for your help.

Edited by KeithHUN

I assume you have an nVidia GeForce 9800GT? If so, it was a powerful card years ago, but with the ArmA engine and updated graphics I cannot see it performing too well on DayZ. Take a look at some of the stickies and try some of the config file tweaks; like GPUMaxFramesAhead to 1, etc...

Are you running with AA on, Post Processing, Shadows? All of those can seriously hinder FPS.

Also, what servers are you playing on? A poorly managed server (restarted less frequently than normal) can destroy even the most advanced systems. It's worth mentioning that setting your graphics options to High can actually utilize your GPU more than your CPU; and as ArmA II is very CPU intensive, it can increase your FPS.