deren93@hotmail.com

BanZ Union - Banned on one, banned on ALL

M7b26.png

Server owners, this is for us. A Public Access shared ban list by reputable server owners

BANZ IS NOW LIVE

www.banzunion.com

If a player is banned for scripting/cheating on one of the reputable union members, they are put on this list. Keep your server protected here.

Sever automatically generates an update twice daily if required. Updates will be more frequent as the number of union members grows.

View more information at the forum thread at OpenDayZ.net

Edited by DocTolly
  • Like 1

Here we go again...

I do hope this will be much more organized then the Community Ban List.

I guarantee it. The website is half-complete at the moment because of family commitments during Christmas, however I wanted to get a first release out even if it is only a small one. There are a team of 5 server owners populating the list at the moment. When I have the time I will train more people to be able to verify script kiddies beyond any reasonable doubt before justifying a ban, Then I will work on the community reports section. It will all fall together in a neat little bow under a few thousand lines of code :)

Can I suggest one thing, that all bans listed show publicly what evidence was used to ban that person. Look what happened to the CBL, it's no longer maintained, ban appeals aren't looked into and most of the time there is no way for anyone to even find out why they are on the list, as such most admins will refuse to remove them now even if they were false positives because they can't even tell why they were added in the first place.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I was blaming CBL in the past.. and we see the expected result; as now i do the same: this isn't going to work, because one kid is enough to destroy all the good whillings.

A distributed banlist cannot be handled by the users, it must be handled by a "superior" entity, and that list already exists.. it's called BattleEye, but unfortunately BE isn't good enough to caught cheaters, the only solution would be to "fix" it (or to be exact to fix Arma2), but that's not going to happens.

The only pratical solution atm is to handle your own bans on your own server. Point.

• Like 1

Can I suggest one thing, that all bans listed show publicly what evidence was used to ban that person. Look what happened to the CBL, it's no longer maintained, ban appeals aren't looked into and most of the time there is no way for anyone to even find out why they are on the list, as such most admins will refuse to remove them now even if they were false positives because they can't even tell why they were added in the first place.

Hi, I'm actually working on that at the moment. However as with all "from scratch" projects,t hey are time limited and christmas isn't exactly the easiest time to accomplish things. This feature WILL arrive, the question is WHEN :)

I was blaming CBL in the past.. and we see the expected result; as now i do the same: this isn't going to work, because one kid is enough to destroy all the good whillings.

A distributed banlist cannot be handled by the users, it must be handled by a "superior" entity, and that list already exists.. it's called BattleEye, but unfortunately BE isn't good enough to caught cheaters, the only solution would be to "fix" it (or to be exact to fix Arma2), but that's not going to happens.

The only pratical solution atm is to handle your own bans on your own server. Point.

You see, all the bans come from union member servers. We are a group of server owners who understand the way bans work more than most other server owners who simple just downloaded a free server pack and press "Run". With us being the ones who issue bans from our own servers, there is very little chance the bans will be false positives. The fact the list is publicly available to all is not relevant, it's the source of the list that is of concern.

we also have a community ban file

we dont use "old" bans in the banz banlist - doctolly started it from scratch without any other imported bans except the community ban list - which is automatically added to banz banlist

the reason for not adding "old" bans or banlists to the banzunion is simple - we dont have any notes from logs that verify those bans - all our bans now have notes from log files as an evidence for a ban

• Like 1

It says to signup I need to fill in a form, but there is no form :(

You can message me on the OpenDayZ.net forums (my name is Doc) or you can message me on here, but I may be slower to respond as I don't check this often

we dont use "old" bans in the banz banlist - doctolly started it from scratch without any other imported bans except the community ban list - which is automatically added to banz banlist

the reason for not adding "old" bans or banlists to the banzunion is simple - we dont have any notes from logs that verify those bans - all our bans now have notes from log files as an evidence for a ban

Oppa is completely correct (he is one of the union members). The public release doesn't actually have the DayZ community banlist oppa, only the version you generate from the admin panel has the option of the dayz banlist :)

• Like 1

@DomiStyle ...thanks a lot...your aggregation of ban lists if very usefull.

It's been some time since you guys launched the BanZ Union...but the website still doesn't permit registration. How can we server admins become members? I`ve been seeing an insane ammount of cheaters lately since BE isn't getting updated....and it would be in all our interests to have as many members reporting cheaters to the list.

Do you mind if I use BanZ for DaRTBans?

http://forum.swisscr...s&community=yes

Take a look at the parameters in the url.

Great stuff, that's perfectly fine. My only issue is the lack of the original BanZ ban reason. Is there any way you can keep the original reason as well as your DaRTBans tag? Main problem is the Ban ID for appeals.

Edited by DocTolly

Great stuff, that's perfectly fine. My only issue is the lack of the original BanZ ban reason. Is there any way you can keep the original reason as well as your DaRTBans tag? Main problem is the Ban ID for appeals.

I will see what I can do.

The problem I currently have is that if I include the reason the ban list is already too big and the server crashes.

I will probably include it once that bug is fixed.

You can see it here: http://forum.swisscraft.eu/DaRT/Bans/bans_crash.txt?dart=2&banz=yes&dwarden=yes&community=yes

Will you implement this in the SA? Btw how do you know if an admin banned someone for no reason?

Will you implement this in the SA? Btw how do you know if an admin banned someone for no reason?

read 1 page

we add notes for what people were banned for