deren93@hotmail.com

BanZ Union - Banned on one, banned on ALL

If you filter only certain strings, you don't need gotcha at all (ie: BE can already kick for it).

Btw the weapon and ammo verification is already enough (and it needs a certain level of log) to flood the RCON and delay the RCON, that's why Gotcha (and any usage of it) doesn't work good.

Feel free to develop anything you want of course.. but we really need a server side solution, without using this RCON crap, that is designed for something else... IMO.

Again, if you dont know what to send over the network and what not, you can't blame the software that reads what you send over the network. If you want a server side solution thats fine, but don't blame it on the wrong party.

In case you'd like to fix your issue, read a few posts up for my solution

Edit: why have battleye kick for it when you want the person permanently banned?

Edited by Wotuu

Again, if you dont know what to send over the network and what not, you can't blame the software that reads what you send over the network. If you want a server side solution thats fine, but don't blame it on the wrong party.

I'm not blaming, i'm criticizing a solution that does not work good enough, because (from the start) it has been taken the wrong approach. There's nothing Gotcha can do, because the transmitting method chosen has not been designed for this purpose. Chosing to limit the amount of information sent to the parser, means excluding certain type of controlling (less informations you send, less data you have to analyze), it's not a solution, it's just a work-around that proves the limit of this solution. To not count the fact that something running remotely is a complete waste of resource (the complete inefficiency of running a game server plus another server to handle these server? It's a "joke").

My suggestion is to invest the same amount of time and effort to develop a server-side solution, this way you can analyze all the data you want, plus you won't force the server admins to spend more money (and resource) to run something remotely.

Edit: why have battleye kick for it when you want the person permanently banned?

In DayZ this should never happening... since most of the "hacking" tools are capable of make something "bad" to someone else (giving him a "illegal" weapon; teleporting; whatever...), having an autoban is a very bad idea, kicking (plus active admining) is the right way. Anyway that's not the point... i were discussing the inefficiency of Gotcha using a "low bandwidth" transmitting method.

I'm not blaming, i'm criticizing a solution that does not work good enough, because (from the start) it has been taken the wrong approach. There's nothing Gotcha can do, because the transmitting method chosen has not been designed for this purpose. Chosing to limit the amount of information sent to the parser, means excluding certain type of controlling (less informations you send, less data you have to analyze), it's not a solution, it's just a work-around that proves the limit of this solution.

I don't think you understand what the issue is. The issue is that you don't know how to filter useless junk, and don't send it over the network. The network is indeed limited, so why should you send useless data over it?

To not count the fact that something running remotely is a complete waste of resource (the complete inefficiency of running a game server plus another server to handle these server? It's a "joke").

This is true.

My suggestion is to invest the same amount of time and effort to develop a server-side solution, this way you can analyze all the data you want, plus you won't force the server admins to spend more money (and resource) to run something remotely.

Keep in mind that the projects are hobby projects, and programming something in a language you already know is much more fun than learning another language with all the struggles that come with it.

In DayZ this should never happening... since most of the "hacking" tools are capable of make something "bad" to someone else (giving him a "illegal" weapon; teleporting; whatever...), having an autoban is a very bad idea, kicking (plus active admining) is the right way. Anyway that's not the point... i were discussing the inefficiency of Gotcha using a "low bandwidth" transmitting method.

If your anti-cheat is banning people that shouldn't be banned (because what you say is indeed possible), you should make a better anti-cheat. False positives can happen, but if you don't know how to make proper anti-cheat, then don't. You want the cheaters permanently banned, if you keep kicking them they will come back with better tools that beat your detection. Not having them come back at all is the best solution in this case (in my opinion).

If bandwidth is your problem, you should add more filters to filter out useless junk. If you don't, then don't complain how the bandwidth is limited. It is not an issue at all.

Hello, i'm not complaining how the bandwidth is limited.. the bandwidth is limited because the RCON hasn't been designed to pass out the logfiles, but for something else.

Good luck with your project if you think it'll work. I hope with dayz SA we'll have better tools and not this workarounds.

Byez.

I noticed there hasn't been an update to the list in days. Is this another bust or did everyone playing Dayz decide to play fair?

Hello, i'm not complaining how the bandwidth is limited.. the bandwidth is limited because the RCON hasn't been designed to pass out the logfiles, but for something else.

Good luck with your project if you think it'll work. I hope with dayz SA we'll have better tools and not this workarounds.

Byez.

In that case, let's agree to disagree. Let's hope indeed that the SA will give us more tools, would be nice.

I noticed there hasn't been an update to the list in days. Is this another bust or did everyone playing Dayz decide to play fair?

13 bans were added recently so I guess it's still alive.

umm BanZ list

Version: 1.0.51

Date: 22-02-2013 00:00:02

So this become another abandoned community ban list?

Edited by Caine

Has this attempt at a community list died?

L

Dom, is there a way to activate it through DART, I mean the kick ? Or is it coming on the next version ?

No, it's supposed to be added to your current bans.txt.

There will be an option to ban multiple GUIDs in the next version though.

Maybe you can use it for that.

Yeah, that hasn;t been an update in awhile Probably safe to assume this is dead.

Domi, does the Dart banlist sync automatically or just on every update? I've saw the pop-up box to report them, but never bothered. I will start doing it if we can get some kind of list going.

Yeah, that hasn;t been an update in awhile Probably safe to assume this is dead.

Domi, does the Dart banlist sync automatically or just on every update? I've saw the pop-up box to report them, but never bothered. I will start doing it if we can get some kind of list going.

If you mean if DaRT syncs the ban list for you, no.

If you mean if the ban list syncs with the reports, yes it does.

The list is already running. Just report hackers. They get reported and added to the list automatically.

edit: We got over 10000 reports by now by the way.

So thank you everyone who is reporting hackers.

Edited by DomiStyle

I hope this works out.

I doubt it considering the silly amount of abusive admins

While this may seem to be a good idea to some, it has been thought of in the past and always fails hard. why?

it's simple...

some people have a different idea of what being a admin or how to admin then others do. simply put...

someone may not like you and want to ban you for personal reasons.

not hard to "fake" a log indicating said user as a hacker or other..

it's sad, but realistically this does not work and there is a lot of butt hurt people waiting for the chance to screw over someone they don't like..

BanZ has not died people, but sorry for the lack of updates. I am a university student and that has taken over my time at the moment, as well as work/volunteering etc (to the extent I have closed my DayZ server also). I will try and chase up BanZ members to sort out new bans being added and perhaps appoint someone with more time to oversee the project. I made BanZ with the best intentions but real life comes first, I hope you all understand.

Hello DocTolly. I don't know if this is the correct place for my issue but I don't know where I could contact you else because the contact form from BanZUnion still don't work.

About half a year ago I got banned from a server. (I don't know the Server name or IP). I just know that it was a Chernarus server.

My Squad and I searched for enemy bases in the north for some hours, finally we found one and observed it for about half an hour (3 players, some tents and cars). One of the players left the base and we decided to attack them. We killed the other 2 players and suddenly: BANNED. Reason Scripting/Hacking. Now we want to play on a Origins Server and well.. we can't join because it wasn't just a normal ban. It seems that he shared our GUID's on BanZUnion. So I started to google for BanZUnion and found you'r posts here. My question: Is there any way to delete our bans? We didn't script. Ask the admin. I really want to see the proof.

If you want you can visit us on TeamSpeak3 and talk to us. Just contact the Support on that TeamSpeak Server and I'll be there. IP: 194.169.211.68:11350

The ban ID's of my mates and me are:

4b8feb7ef697f9c4529a2320a8daca5b -1 banzunion.com (#1) Scripting/Cheating

e6d4c1b6eae75025fc7c125b112802e0 -1 banzunion.com (#3) Scripting/Cheating (Me)

c1bc4d501e228ec44edf666bded90672 -1 banzunion.com (#5) Scripting/Cheating

And another one, he isn't online atm so I can't ask him for his GUID.

I hope you will answer.

Regards,

SCHNAEPFE

Hi SCHNAEPFE,

The server you were caught hacking on was actually my one. I recognised your name before I even looked up the ban in the logs as you were one of the first group of hackers we had on our server (UK 999 DayZ Police, but called SWAG YOLO BOATS at the time).

I remember the event very clearly, there were about 4 or 5 of you that spawned in a lot of choppers on the coast - a big giveaway at the time as the only heli was our admin one. One of my admins banned all of you who kept appearing in these helicopters via the ingame admin panel which bans playeruid only. You all then rejoined with different player id's under the same respective guid and continued to massacre people spawning in choppers. It's possible that one of your crew was executing the code on all of you and I do have some code in the logs which is suggestive of hacking. Combined with your efforts to rejoin the server with different playeruids (only achievable through non-legitimate methods) I stand happy with my decision to add the ban (ban was added ~november 2012, perhaps december).

However, I am open to any appeal from you and your friends. If you'd like to have a chat about this please visit the opendayz.net forums and PM me on there (username is Doc) and I will be more than happy to help us resolve this.

Thanks

Doc

Hello Doc,

Thanks for that fast answer. I don't know why but Im not able to register on OpenDayz. So I please you to join my TeamSpeak3 Server for a short moment to solve that Problem. At December 2012 we were new to that game. We meet a guy that gave us weapons, that's true. We didn't know it was a scripter that time. We just were happy to get weapons that fast, he wanted to help us. Now we got more experience and want to play other maps too, like DayZ+ or DayZ Origins and we aren't able to join that servers.

TeamSpeak3: 194.169.211.68:11350

SCHNAEPFE

Hiya,

I'm heavily overloaded with Uni work right now so I can't join any TS :( To sign up on opendayz.net you press login or singup in top right corner, change the option to "No, create an account now" put your email address in and hit "Sign Up". I check that forum the most often (currently every few days) so it's the fastest way to have a private conversation with me. Hopefully you can get it working, otherwise you will need to PM me on here (I rarely check this, you just got really lucky today lol).