Bill Cosby

AI Military Units

What I'm thinking is squads (or a squad) of AI units such as Spetznas roaming the map at random. They'd be hostile to all players but the upside is that if you encounter them and are able to take them out, you can loot their sweet gear. Random events such as AI airborne assaults on different towns would be pretty sweet too.

Don't know how well the servers would handle these additions though judging by the current state of things :P But it would be a nice feature to see some day.

If they're going to drop military grade gear I suggest they would be really hard to kill. Plus wouldn't they wipe out zombie hordes? I could see a group of them clearing cities as their AI makes them walk around and if they die anyone can reap the rewards for free. I don't think any AI other than zombies would be a good idea.

If they're going to drop military grade gear I suggest they would be really hard to kill. Plus wouldn't they wipe out zombie hordes? I could see a group of them clearing cities as their AI makes them walk around and if they die anyone can reap the rewards for free. I don't think any AI other than zombies would be a good idea.

I think a squad of AI would easily get overwhelmed by zombies, and their bodies could be made to disappear quicker than normal. I don't mean hordes of AI roaming around, I mean like a 5 or 6 man SF team.

As for the assaults on towns, again it could be in relatively small numbers (platoon size), with the units despawning after a certain amount of time if they aren't dead already.

Interesting. I had a similar idea about 3 military camps across the map from which small convoys would spawn every once in a while going from one camp to annother. Players could then ambush the convoys. Origin and destination would be randomized.

Interesting. I had a similar idea about 3 military camps across the map from which small convoys would spawn every once in a while going from one camp to annother. Players could then ambush the convoys. Origin and destination would be randomized.

That would be very cool.

If anything it is more likely to see soldiers roaming aorund than civilians armed with a handgun. I dont think they should be hostiel to everyone. Just zombies and people who fire on them first. Being in a squad of say 6 men taking them on single handidly would be a bit silly... However having a group of 4 or 5 people (or even 2 if you are good enough) to take them out and use their military grade gear etc.

The convoy thing sounds pretty cool. Adds a whole new fear and element to the game. Do you choose to hide, or confront? I think it could be a great idea, though would HAVE to be well balanced, because successful ambushes lend unfair results.