BardoGamer

Do you like 1.7.1?

So what do we do? is there a way to impress upon the modders the importance of re-patching so the game doesn't suck? because right now I am not playing another second of the game until these issues get revised. Its funny I've never seen a "patch" ruin a game so hard before.

I honestly love the patch. I notice on the main server I play on there is more co op then before and less worry about people shooting on site. The zombies aren't at all hard to get around. You can easily hide and be stealthily. I have only pulled a couple that I honestly didn't see before I stopped sneaking about. Just takes some practice and you will be fine getting around them. Sure it still needs a bit of fixes but I love what Rocket has done so far.

no. its disaster so far.

had 10 times more fun round about 12 hours ago' date=' with higher fps, no shitty lag and freezes and no relog-teleports and whatnot glitches.

that being on the same server.

[/quote']

Oh yes, its important to talk about it.

I joined a few weeks ago in the 1.6 version. Sometimes I had to spend one hour alone to join servers. Died to bugs, sometimes lost my gear due to respawning in the wilderness on in the sea. There was a lot of bugs and just joining a server was a chore.

Nowadays, you can get into servers easily, there is way less bugs, the game runs more smoothless, there is way less desync and you barely disconect due to conection issues.

So, all in all, even if the gameplay has become harder, the new updates are AWESOME corcerning some of these flaws. Newer players dont know how shitty these issues were a few weeks ago, and nowadays everything has turned way better.

Everyone go to "Contact the Team" then click on "feedback" and tell them about how impossible it is to get a character going now.

Everyone go to "Contact the Team" then click on "feedback" and tell them about how impossible it is to get a character going now.

It is not at all impossible to get a character going. People have to actually sneak around as soon as they start. Its supposed to be hard. Learn from your mistakes and you will do fine.

I really enjoy the new patch, especially the new starting equipment. So far I didn't experienced any trouble with the new zombie behavior - I managed to scavenge Pusta and a barn without problems.

I love the Idea of having the zombies interaction a little different, But I dont believe this is what rocket truly intended. I walk up to a canopy awning last night and wanted to test some new features. First of the zombie detected me from behind him(while in crouch and walking) and came after me. I shot him with my 870 rem and i ended up with a horde from the one spot. Originally only 4 zeds, after the shot I had to fight off 10.

Haven't had to deal with the no weapon at spawn yet. I from perspective don't believe its a good idea. It isn't zombies you must defend yourself from its bandits and other survivors now too. Even with weapons being within 5 mins from your spawn.. that's a luck chance that theres not someone wanting there for you to kill you easily.

Zombies idea's rocket where a pretty cool sounding.. i really wanted to try it out last night. I will say though i have seen that it fixes the length and chase of Zombies.. you can now actually "lose" zeds without having to use a vehicle and travel 90km/h away from them.

Bought the game yesterday for the sole purpose of playing DayZ. Enjoyed playing yesterday, a little difficult, but it required patience to sneak into cities for loot. Came on today and zombies are spawning next to me, and with no gun, I just accept death. Even hills aren't slowing these zombies down. Perhaps if I had better equipment, it would be nice, but I've noticed this game focuses on dying to learn important tricks, or to simply luck to find equipment. Definitely would like to see an immersive sneak system.

No, I don't from a new players perspective (bought yesterday updated today) the no gun thing is fine but the zombies go fucking ultra speed while zig zagging and taking a million bullets due to crappy laggy servers.

You need to fix the aggro distance and doors most definitely you have hurt the game pretty damn bad with this patch.

I like spawning with next to nothing, it adds a sense of urgency to the first minutes of a new life. Yesterday I was fortunate to find a revolver in a shed just outside of Elektro. Soon after I found a Colt 1911 and a little ammo. Ten minutes later I found an M1014 (16 rounds), an M9SD (1 mag), and an MP5A5 (2 Mags). In the hour and a half I played total, I probably found another four or five pistols and several other of the lower-end primaries and there was ammo everywhere. Anyone who complains about having/finding no weapons is going about it in the wrong manner. Don't go venturing through a big town looking for your first gun, just scout the outskirts for houses/barns/sheds and finding a gun isn't bad at all.

The new LoS mechanic is a work in progress. In the first few minutes of waltzing through Elektro, it came in handy, saving me from a potential horde as I crouch-ran behind the church and past a few walls. I didn't think it would work, but I peeked over the wall using third-person and sure enough, the zombies just stood there and had no idea where I was. Not much later I was spotted by a hopper at the Elektro power plant and I crouch-ran around the main building, with only one little ticker mark on the noise meter and the hopper kept making a beeline for me. Maybe the zombies run to where they last saw you? I can't remember, but it did not seem like the zombie cared that I broke its line of sight on me.

Outside of a town though, it seems practically impossible to loose the zombies even whilst running through the forests and hills. Aside from hoppers/crawlers, the zombies move much faster than the players, making it very difficult to put any distance between them and the player, making it almost necessary to shoot them. It should be harder to break the line of sight when outside of town, but right now it seems nearly impossible.

As for zombie spawns, I haven't had any issues aside from a stray zombie or two spawning and sprinting at me in a field when clearing out a barn. The video earlier in the thread though, with the German commentary, that is just ridiculous.

Overall, a very nice addition to the mod. Much more challenging and forces a different style of play in the beginning, a style that is much more fun.

It's super easy to find a gun' date=' each spawn point is less than 5 minutes from gun spawn points.

http://dayzmap.info/

find where you spawned, and head to the nearest gun loot area.

[/quote']

Yes, it is. But when you spawn you are a easy target to bandits... who leaves the house in the apocalypse without a gun? hahah =)

not everybody has a gun.