Sign in to follow this  
randomizer1995@live.co.uk

So ARMA II is £12...

Hello,

Okay so as most of you have probably noticed ARMA II now has 50% off and I'm really not sure what to do...

I understand that a standalone is coming out soon and I really don't know if to buy ARMA, without Dayz is it worth £12 and would you recommend me buying it?

If I buy now what are the chances that the standalone would come out within the next week or two?

The standalone will come out early 2013, I'd say mid January.

The 2012 target set by Rocket was never a definite release date but it's a bit late through December for them to release without going through the proper testing schedule before release.

Arma II is a good game, you can check out 'Arma II Wasteland' too, think DayZ without the zombies and more player oriented.

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 1

People say Wasteland's like Day Z, but it's not at all. It's just a large amount of players on three different teams that find vehicles and fight or do random-location missions.

You'll need to have Operation Arrowhead too, so look for Combined Operations, which is ArmaII and OA put together. It's also on Steam sale.

People say Wasteland's like Day Z, but it's not at all. It's just a large amount of players on three different teams that find vehicles and fight or do random-location missions.

It has a very different feel compared to DayZ but it's still a good game, especially for those whole only seem to play it for the PvP.

Or, just grab Operation Arrowhead and pair it with ARMA II Free. Some textures are less detailed, but you'll be saving money which you can put towards the standalone game. Personally ARMA's gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all, so it's a great trade-off imho.

Or, just grab Operation Arrowhead and pair it with ARMA II Free. Some textures are less detailed, but you'll be saving money which you can put towards the standalone game. Personally ARMA's gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all, so it's a great trade-off imho.

Well its only £4 extra for the game on that deal, better graphics is worth that £4 to me. Thanks for the replies all!

Considering there's still less information about the standalone released by the devs than for other games that will come out in half a years time, you're better probably off buying ArmA now than waiting for the standalone.

I had the same dilema lol, I have 2 and a half hours left to decide wether to buy it or not as its 50% off. And my final decision is NO. Not at all, think about it Didnt they say the SA will be released before 2013 mid January? And the game is 50% at the same month when they were supposed to release it. Maybe its a trick to fool into people taking Arma now when its cheap and play DayZ and the real SA will come out a few days later? Just my opinion, I didnt mean anything bad by fooling, more like joking around :D ...

Just hold your horses untill the SA comes along, it may not be cheap but its worth it, trust me, if you've seen the screenshots, you want to wait :D

12 pounds?! Fuck! I paid 88 pounds for the double pack only 3 years ago!

12 pounds?! Fuck! I paid 88 pounds for the double pack only 3 years ago!

What the.. 88 Pounds? God damn.. Look at Mr.Rich over here...

On Topic: I recommend you wait, seriously, if you want to play DayZ just wait untill the SA comes out, its better and its... a game itself and not a mod anymore, meaning it has better physcics engines and stuff..

But if you're so desperate to play then buy Arma 2 Comb. Operations , there's tons of mods to play on the game other than DayZ :D