MrBloodworth

You are listening to the wrong people Rocket.

A lot of you people saying the zombies are just fine should read the hotfix notes. They aren't.

They really arent that bad. Sorry you cant sprint through town hitting every loot spot. Sorry you have to think and plan...and actually pass up shots on other players in fear of the zombie wave that will incur.

We dont want to be selfish....let just make the game so that YOU can enjoy it.

Lol.... Rocket already is implementing a hotfix to revert it because it's plainly obvious that the Zeds are not functioning in a way he intended it to happen. Please, stop with this nonsense.

I think most of the players whining/criticising have just been spoiled like babys with too much candy.

I don't understand what's the problem here. Getting killed when you're trying to find weapon? And what was the setting again? Yes that's right' date=' the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Where is the love for some crapping in your pants and screaming like a little girl?

[/quote']

ah yes the realism argument, tell me again if this was realy more realisting, why cant i,

break of a branch from a tree to use as a spear or club to bash in their heads.

grab a brick to bash heads

break glass to make some sort of shank

use all the barb wire thats spawning everwhere now with a branch to make a barbed club.

use the beam of a tank trap as stronger club

i can go on with a big list of improvised weapons..

I agree with OP 100%. Too bad "hardcore realism fanboys" will swarm this thread and call you an idiot. Im so tired of this DayZ community part that blindly believe in realism and want everything "realistic". Everyday it's like: "There is a problem with this or this' date=' it is a bug" and average response to that is "F*ck you noob, it is realistic! BB! GO PLAY COD!"

[/quote']

ArmA 2/OA is a Milsim game, expect these "hardcore realism fanboys" AKA. Army Vets/Reserves/What whodangit and military enthusiasts to be acting like this. You clearly have never played this game out of DayZ. I know some of them can be dickholes, but you are talking to a good portion of people who actually play ArmA2/OA out of DayZ.

Anyways, you should check out the awesome missions they have in Tactical Gamer Forums! It'll get you into the milsim, very fun!

A lot of you people saying the zombies are just fine should read the hotfix notes. They aren't.

They really arent that bad. Sorry you cant sprint through town hitting every loot spot. Sorry you have to think and plan...and actually pass up shots on other players in fear of the zombie wave that will incur.

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

Oh my god' date=' can't you just follow one simple rule:

1. Don't add anything new until you're not done with bugs of the core elements of the game.

Fixed zig-zagging zombies and attacking/walking through walls? Cool, now add something new or focus on other bugs.

[/quote']

Okay senor primo develapurrrrrrr

This thread just affirms that Rocket has indeed listened to the right people. On multiple occasions Rocket has stated that Day-Z is an 'anti-game' -think on that for a second. Now THAT is why Day-Z has been so successful.

I get sick and tired of whining carebears. If it's too hard, go back to COD, BF3, WoW or wherever it is you came from. In Day-Z you are expected to make your own fun. Satisfaction and rewards are HARD EARNED, and mean that much more for it. If you expect the game to hold your hand and serve up rewards on a silver platter, then you are in the wrong place. The likes of YOU are to blame for the sorry state of the game industry today.

Those hardcore players are the ones who were here supporting the community long before Day-Z showed up. Why wouldn't Rocket take advice from them? They aren't a bunch of fair weather carebears who threaten to leave every time things get challenging.

If you don't like it. LEAVE. Don't expect the game to conform to YOU.

Adapt and overcome, or get left behind.

This thread just affirms that Rocket has indeed listened to the right people. On multiple occasions Rocket has stated that Day-Z is an 'anti-game' -think on that for a second. Now THAT is why Day-Z has been so successful.

I get sick and tired of whining carebears. If it's too hard' date=' go back to COD, BF3, WoW or wherever it is you came from. In Day-Z you are expected to make your own fun. Satisfaction and rewards are HARD EARNED, and mean that much more for it. If you expect the game to hold your hand and serve up rewards on a silver platter, then you are in the wrong place. The likes of YOU are to blame for the sorry state of the game industry today.

Those hardcore players are the ones who were here supporting the community long before Day-Z showed up. Why wouldn't Rocket take advice from them? They aren't a bunch of fair weather carebears who threaten to leave every time things get challenging.

If you don't like it. LEAVE. Don't expect the game to confirm to YOU.

[/quote']

Wow, what a douchebag.

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot' date=' this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

[/quote']

what does that prove exactly? Some ppl take the challenge and continue playing, while you and your group of whiners come cry, and write prophetic posts about who to listen to and try to get it reverted? If it isnt zombies, its going to be players. You are going to die non stop. Quit being a pixel hugging douche bag, and play the game. You loose your fancy gun? So what.....dont tear up...theres another.

tl;dr

It's an alpha and your job here is TO FIND FUCKING BUGS AND REPORT THEM.

The whole patch is a "FUCKING BUG". Too much in one patch again. Should be one patch for fixes' date=' then next for features, then fixes, then features, etc. THAT is proper Project Management. Rocket would get less hassle if he followed this protocol.

[/quote']

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but this is an ALPHA. An Alpha is where features are implemented, beta is where bugs are fixed. Tl;dr, fuck off.

Lol.... Rocket already is implementing a hotfix to revert it because it's plainly obvious that the Zeds are not functioning in a way he intended it to happen. Please' date=' stop with this nonsense.

[/quote']

Umm he is reverting their sight based on their eyes. So now their LoS can be read by the direction they "face" instead of their face. The damage and sight is still there.

why cant i' date='

use all the barb wire thats spawning everwhere now with a branch to make a barbed club.

[/quote']

The mod's not finished yet. There's a reasonable chance there'll be some kind of improvised melee at some point down the line.

I get sick and tired of whining carebears. If it's too hard' date=' go back to COD, BF3, WoW or wherever it is you came from. In Day-Z you are expected to make your own fun. Satisfaction and rewards are HARD EARNED, and mean that much more for it. If you expect the game to hold your hand and serve up rewards on a silver platter, then you are in the wrong place. The likes of YOU are to blame for the sorry state of the game industry today.

If you don't like it. LEAVE. Don't expect the game to conform to YOU.

[/quote']

You, sir, are EXACTLY the type of person who has no place in the alpha of a game.

ah yes the realism argument' date=' tell me again if this was realy more realisting, why cant i,

[/quote']

Because the mod's not finished yet. There's a reasonable chance that there'll be some kind of improvised melee in at some point.

There's loads of features that are yet to make into the game.

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot' date=' this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

[/quote']

what does that prove exactly? Some ppl take the challenge and continue playing, while you and your group of whiners come cry, and write prophetic posts about who to listen to and try to get it reverted? If it isnt zombies, its going to be players. You are going to die non stop. Quit being a pixel hugging douche bag, and play the game. You loose your fancy gun? So what.....dont tear up...theres another.

What it proves, and what your post proves, is that you're wrong and aren't really the type of person who belongs in the alpha of a game.

ah yes the realism argument' date=' tell me again if this was realy more realisting, why cant i,

[/quote']

Because the mod's not finished yet. There's a reasonable chance that there'll be some kind of improvised melee in at some point.

There's loads of features that are yet to make into the game.

rocket seemed to have brought up Melee as a discussion point in one of the various threads about the effect of taking away guns.

Here's hoping, right? Although how zombies act may need to be improved in order for it to have any real affect. Unless melee is meant to be ultra deadly for you, not for your target.

Lol.... Rocket already is implementing a hotfix to revert it because it's plainly obvious that the Zeds are not functioning in a way he intended it to happen. Please' date=' stop with this nonsense.

[/quote']

Umm he is reverting their sight based on their eyes. So now their LoS can be read by the direction they "face" instead of their face. The damage and sight is still there.

Read the rest of it. Their super vision was partially due to the fact that they were able to turn and have ridiculous view directions and instantly aggro on you. This will help new players tremendously. It means that as long as the Zeds aren't facing you, you can still utilize fast and low movements like the crouch run to move to and from areas, you just have to be more careful then you were before.

The view distance is still a little insane, but I can live with it as long as I don't instantly aggro every single Zed in the fucking world when I come remotely within any distance of them while sneaking around.

Read the rest of it. Their super vision was partially due to the fact that they were able to turn and have ridiculous view directions and instantly aggro on you. This will help new players tremendously. It means that as long as the Zeds aren't facing you' date=' you can still utilize fast and low movements like the crouch run to move to and from areas, you just have to be more careful then you were before.

The view distance is still a little insane, but I can live with it as long as I don't instantly aggro every single Zed in the fucking world when I come remotely within any distance of them while sneaking around.

[/quote']

Yeah but it still doesn't change what half the people are crying about and that is being spotted miles away. To me, this change doesn't really register cause I avoided the front and sides of zeds always. The sad thing I fear is that people will still cry cause that revert is actually breaching middle ground. They will still have a slightly harder time and will cry about it.

GIVE ME YOUR DELICIOUS TEARS.

This meme again? Tell me again why discussing problems with a game in alpha state is faggotry. WillyWonka.jpg

(Apologies to whom I stole the meme tag from)

This meme again? Tell me again why discussing problems with a game in alpha state is faggotry. WillyWonka.jpg

Problems? Looks to me like a bunch of care bears whinging about the game being too hard.

Protip: It's not.

Read the rest of it. Their super vision was partially due to the fact that they were able to turn and have ridiculous view directions and instantly aggro on you. This will help new players tremendously. It means that as long as the Zeds aren't facing you' date=' you can still utilize fast and low movements like the crouch run to move to and from areas, you just have to be more careful then you were before.

[/quote']

Yeah but it still doesn't change what half the people are crying about and that is being spotted miles away. To me, this change doesn't really register cause I avoided the front and sides of zeds always. The sad thing I fear is that people will still cry cause that revert is actually breaching middle ground. They will still have a slightly harder time and will cry about it.

The view distance IS a little way too much, but if you can make your way in with the Zombie's not facing you, at least you have a chance of utilizing a low and fast movement to get in and out. Right now, you have no chance even when proning half the time, you're better off running into the building, looting, gunning your way out, and utilizing water/docks/buildings/walls to glitch the Zombies out. It's faster, more efficient, and less stressful.

Problems? Looks to me like a bunch of care bears whinging about the game being too hard.

Go on, please keep showing me how a Real player of an Alpha test game acts.

I mean after all, all the best games are made by people who yell and scream carebear at anyone who brings up an obvious problem with the game.

Protip: If you make a post like Slapp's, you are an unproductive member of the community.

Go on' date=' please keep showing me how a Real player of an Alpha test game acts.

I mean after all, all the best games are made by people who yell and scream carebear at anyone who brings up an obvious problem with the game.

Protip: If you make a post like Slapp's, you are an unproductive member of the community.

[/quote']

I agree. I have been on quite a lot of forums and this has to be the worst for fantards

When games listen to the people who want to make it easy, they eventually get bored and quit. Remember WoW started appealing to the care bears and making hard content optional/pointless? The game was too easy with zombies once you had a decent group, you could just crawl past them.

And people are gonna have to start adapting to changes patch to the patch, the more people play the game, the more whining there will be when the game gets harder. Don't make the game easier for bandits who could just ignore zombies by crawling previously. People will have to adapt to zombies seeing through their front rather than 360 degrees.

Protip: If you make a post like Slapp's' date=' you are an unproductive member of the community.

[/quote']

Yes, if you disagree with Wired or the OP, you are being unproductive.

But lets get back to the real argument, shall we? The game needs to be dumbed down, gents. In its current state it is much too difficult. I propose that we give weapons back to newly spawned players. Laser death rays should be sufficient. Also, spawning players should also be rewarded with a 'my little pony' that they can ride around the map. 'My little pony' will on occasion whisper positive affirmations to the player - "go on Wired, you can do it! I believe in you because you are unique and special!"

I think the whole zombie idea is a little on the extreme side, so perhaps we can trim that out? Zombies can be replaced with care bears maybe? The player can interact with the care bears for cuddles and ABC sessions. The laser death rays can be used to shoot weeds growing in the care bear gardens perhaps? Or maybe the idea of laser death rays is a little extreme. We wouldn't want to upset anyone now, would we?

Night time is wholly unrealistic. It doesn't get dark in real life, so why would it ingame? That whole premise is just absurd. I vote that we remove it from the game. Infact, everyday should be sunny and bright, with lots of rainbows too. But no rain. Rain might upset our gentler player base.