Chen (DayZ)

Game/PC Crashing

Ok so I bought the game through Steam. I'm running ARMA 2: OA version 1.62.100296 (not beta). I launch through the Commander. It makes no diference how I launch the game though, because it's been doing this since before I had the Commander. I used to launch through Six Launcher, or Steam itself. This is something that has been happening since I bought ARMA 2: CO, around six months ago. I can play for hours, or for minutes but my game, PC, or video card will just crash. Often times artifacts appear as my screen freezes, and I have to hard restart my computer with a button. Alternatives like my screen turning black have ocurred. Sometimes I can alt-tab out of it but usually I can't. It's not a GPU/CPU heat issue, my drivers are up to date, and the average FPS is 60.

Specs:

-Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30 GHz

-8 GB RAM

-2 EVGA GeForce 560's in SLI

-1920x1080;60 screen

Operating System:

-Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

You are not alone, but I cant give you any solution. I tried to find one but no luck.

I play five minutes or five hours, its absolutely random...

AMD Phenom II X4 970 4.1Ghz

Palit Geforce GTX 570 OC

8Gb ddr3 corsair 1866Mhz

Windows 7 64bit

I have the exact same build, except Overclocked at 4.7GHz, and only one GTX 560 Ti. But even without Overclocking I've never had this issue.

does this happen on all the beta patches

have you tried rolling back your drivers

I've had a similar problem, Just randomly The whole PC locks up, sometimes it might not happen for a week, Sometimes I may have been playing 15 mins. Only in this game also.

My build

I7 2600k OC'd at 4.5ghz

ATi 6970

8xgb RAM

5760x1080 Resolution (Eyefinity)

But I've yet to find a solution been happening for maybe 2-3 months now. My GPU drivers ARE out of date, But anyone with ATi experience knows to stick with drivers they find work, instead of update willy nilly.

I got stable game, when I roll back beta patch to 99515 from 100296.

Edited by Macev

i have had some issues with my ati card with certain beta patches would cause bsod and restarts

I still haven't found a solution to this problem, causing me to not even be able to play this game. I've spent hours searching Google and these forums for an answer. Hopefully someone will find a solid fix.

does this happen on all the beta patches

Yes. Like I said, i used to play this game over 6 months ago and crashing still occured

have you tried rolling back your drivers

I don't see why i should have to, seeing as this never happened to me in any other 3D game in the past...

I got stable game, when I roll back beta patch to 99515 from 100296.

But then i wouldn't be able to play on my favorite server.

Same here guys! Already posted on this thread http://dayzmod.com/f...domly-crashing/.

Here's my post:

"Tried to run the game in my work pc (wich is a 2nd generation core i3 with 4gb ram, onboard graphics) and it never crashed although it runs always under 30fps even in the minimum specs.

My pc specs:

MSI 890FXA-GD65

Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.7GHz

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance

XFX Radeon HD5850 1GB

Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit

I'll try running the processor at stock speed but the crash seems video related to me."