Sign in to follow this  
britnron

Six Launcher

hey,

Just started playing and got a question. I used the six launcher to install the game files and the game plays just fine. Only problem is that everytime I start the game up I have to make a new character. It never saves my locations or equiptment. Is this because of the six launcher? The whole installation of this mod is confusing compared to many other mods I have installed in the past. Or is my problem soemthing else entirely?

thanks

Every time you log onto a different private server you will start as a fresh spawn, this may be your problem. I do seem to remember others posting similar threads about 6 launcher, best bet, fuck it off and use Dayz Commander.

I was just using DayZ commander and same problem: character never saves. hmm..

Use DayZ commander, its much better.

now i tried using dayZ commander on mine and it installed alot of other crap on my computer, was that normal?

Alright I don't want to stat a new thread but I think us n00bs need a guide to moustaches. except me. Also, we need a guide for the servers; I've played on maybe 10 different servers using the dayzcommander (all of which I was looking for signs of being official servers) and not once was my character data saved

If your using commander, click the recent tab and the server at the top of the list is the last server you played on this is the easiest way of finding the last private hive you where on if launched through commander. You can also filter the servers so that only public hive servers are shown, your character is saved across all public hive servers.

Commander_zps16d672f2.jpg

If your using commander, click the recent tab and the server at the top of the list is the last server you played on this is the easiest way of finding the last private hive you where on if launched through commander. You can also filter the servers so that only public hive servers are shown, your character is saved across all public hive servers.

Commander_zps16d672f2.jpg

Aye, but be warned that some private hives still show up even when you filter them out, they don't have the cloud next to them but they are private.