Tekdrake

It's like taking every autistic idea you have and making a patch out of it.

in all seriousness, OP's got a point

and he's also got a point that rocket's being a dumbshit

because rocket IS in fact being a dumbshit

maybe that's just because he IS a dumbshit

christ this place is like TOR

If you don't give a shit' date=' then why are you here? Go look for 4-leaf clovers outside if this doesn't concern you.

[/quote']

Didn't say I didn't give a shit :) just trying to provide you some perspective. I came in here to see some valid critisism & ideas, but instead you cheapened your ideas by covering them in bile.

You've made your own points easily dismissable by everyone, including the devs. Think they are likely to take it seriously? Here we are talking about HOW you wrote something not WHAT you wrote, and you responding to it. See the problem?

And I clearly stated that Rocket can feel good about being retarded if he wants to. I'm not going to suck him off in my post just to get him to read. There's a thing in this world called harsh criticism, and this asshole deserves it. I came home from a long day of work to play some goddamn day Z, and what I find is that all the good servers are on 1.7.1, which is a patch that turns the game into L4D3.

A.K.A. the complete opposite of the mod I purchased CO for.

So you better fucking believe I'm pissed.

You know if you wanted something relaxing, you could try arma itself. Setup a quick sniper mission or whatever in the editor.

This guy obviously doesn't know shit.

1) Beta patches work very well with steam. Read up. Your failure to do so and comprehend it is not our, nor rockets fault.

2) L2p. Get some skill. Stop playing as if this was an ordinary shooter game. You bitch about this just because you can't simply go to the airfield looting the best bling bling in the game anymore without getting 50 or more zombies after you. Your tears are delicious.

3) Point many stated before in many different threads; This is alpha. You are a tester. Don't like it? Gtfo.

And I clearly stated that Rocket can feel good about being retarded if he wants to. I'm not going to suck him off in my post just to get him to read. There's a thing in this world called harsh criticism' date=' and this asshole deserves it. I came home from a long day of work to play some goddamn day Z, and what I find is that all the good servers are on 1.7.1, which is a patch that turns the game into L4D3.

A.K.A. the complete opposite of the mod I purchased CO for.

So you better fucking believe I'm pissed.

[/quote']

Ah. There you go you see, my original first post told you you didn't understand the nature of a beta trial. You're playing the game as though it's finished. The reality is that different things are tried, and feedback & results provide helpful feedback and the mod gets improved over time. I'm explaining this to you because it's perfectly obvious you did not appreciate this.

Quite honestly, you don't even sound like you came home from any kind of work. What sort of work do you do?

An unemotional opinion won't get me heard and it won't make any difference.

You VASTLY have misinformed opinions. A decent, professional response gets read & assessed. This, does not.

I didn't even bother reading your post. All your gameplay points could be 100% correct' date=' I dunno. Where you fail is in your shitty attitude about it all. This is not a Full Release Mod, just an Alpha, expect crappy things to happen.

No one owes you anything, give an opinion what you think is wrong, but do it without being a total loser about it.

[/quote']

I must agree with the OP' date=' raging so hard about wasnt needed, but was entertaining.

Spawning without any way to defend yourself is painful. I spawned, saw some guy with a m4 just looking at me, laughing. I couldnt do shit, and he promptly shot my face :<

[/quote']

And spawning with a Markov would have helped you, how?

He would have had the chance to hit and seriously injure the guy with the gun, thus making the guy quite possibly avoid a direct confrontation.

You are VASTLY misinformed. A decent, professional response always gets read & assessed. This, will not.

1) Beta patches work very well with steam. Read up. Your failure to do so and comprehend it is not our' date=' nor rockets fault.

2) L2p. Get some skill. Stop playing as if this was an ordinary shooter game. You bitch about this just because you can't simply go to the airfield looting the best bling bling in the game anymore without getting 50 or more zombies after you. Your tears are delicious.

3) Point many stated before in many different threads; This is alpha. You are a tester. Don't like it? Gtfo.

[/quote']

Extremely poor counter arguments, I won't even bother responding as every single counter you've made was misinformed and invalid. At least I actually brought valid arguments to the table. You just state that you like sniffing shit because that's apparently what open Alphas are about.

I must agree with the OP' date=' raging so hard about wasnt needed, but was entertaining.

Spawning without any way to defend yourself is painful. I spawned, saw some guy with a m4 just looking at me, laughing. I couldnt do shit, and he promptly shot my face :<

[/quote']

Right as I spawned I could of had the drop on him, and unloaded the mag into his face.

1) Beta patches work very well with steam. Read up. Your failure to do so and comprehend it is not our' date=' nor rockets fault.

[/quote']

Extremely poor counter arguments, I won't even bother responding as every single counter you've made was misinformed and invalid. At least I actually brought valid arguments to the table. You just state that you like sniffing shit because that's apparently what open Alphas are about.

Points 1 and 3 are perfectly valid. You inability to respond to them reveals you don't actually WANT or appreciate responses.

[/quote']

He would have had the chance to hit and seriously injure the guy with the gun, thus making the guy quite possibly avoid a direct confrontation.

No he wouldn't. If someone wants to rape spawners they will do it wether they spawn in armed or not - they will just adjust tactics.

yeah after reading the part about the beta patch i was confused i have steam and it was a matter of downloading a zip, opening that zip, clicking the .exe inside that zip and then pressing next next on 2 prompts and hey presto beta patch installed.

the rest of post was fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck shit bastard cunt fuck fuck fuck.

Wow. What a fucking crybaby.

Thanks god you posted this and spared the rest of the world your moronic attitude for the hour it took you to formulate such idiocy.

Allow me to retort:

1) It's not a console game. Installing patches should be second nature to all PC gamers.

2) Removing guns is not about stopping PvP. It's about making a hard game harder.

3) Zombies are supposed to be the main focus of the game. "It's a zombie apocalypse".

Dumbass.

Call of Duty is that way <===

OP made his point, and it's fucking logical from the beginning to the end, and this anger is very, very legitimate.

He may be a butthurt faggot, he's still right

Hah, this OP is even funnier than the various "I got banned for cheating and it isn't fair!" threads. How anyone can think dropping f-bombs and calling the developer "retarded" is going to help is simply beyond me. Grow up.

Maybe if Rocket adds "For Ages 18 & up" all these whiny children will stop.

why do you people keep on going IT'S AN ALPHA

he's treating these updates as permanent and he won't listen to us when we don't agree with them because he'll just go and call everyone a carebear because we don't approve of getting handed shit when we asked kindly for a dollar

and I don't think going batshit about getting handed shit will help either because rocket is just that kind of guy

he is bioware personified

He may be a butthurt faggot' date=' he's still right

[/quote']

That's my point. It doesn't matter how right he is, he basically nerfed his own opinion :)

First of all' date=' Rocket, this thread is here to either make you feel bad or to make you feel good about being fucking retarded. That's up to you. I'm not here to participate in the feel good circle jerk of "Oh it's just alpha, Rocket added the suck my dick simulator to make sure we don't end up liking it." thinking.

Let's just look at everything that's wrong here real quick, ok?

1. HURR DURR HURR DURR Let's make a new patch that requires a dumbfuck beta patch for the main game, which doesn't work with Steam so our installations can be more awkward and problematic down the line.

You moron, don't jump on a BETA patch! Wait for it to be actually released! Do you know what will happen when this patch actually goes live through the Steam servers? Because I can only begin to guess at the PLEASANT possibilities.

BUT HURR DURR IT HAS A CHOCOLATE SEMEN DISPENSER! Fuck you and your stupid ass, get your goddamned priorities right and stop putting people through chores like this. I guarantee you that whatever you think is necessary in that beta patch, is absolutely not as important as not confusing the dogshit out of hundreds of users.

And YES it works on Steam, I'm talking about creating 150% unnecessary hassle.

Aalso, act like a real dev: Get the games on Steam and make sure whatever updates you do in the future work on it as well without having to juggle shit around, OR explicitly state that you are designing for the standalone versions. Don't dick me around.

I've been using the beta patch since it was allowable. It was easy to work with, and I've not had one problem, except when one patch got ahead of the servers and we had to roll back for a few hours. You don't understand what a mod is, how it's being worked on, or.... Anything. Get the game on steam? It is on steam. It's the best seller most weeks lately. Think about it. Also, learn how to use your computer.

I guarantee YOU. That your opinion about what's necessary to bring the beta in, according to you, is of absolutely no consequence to the dev team.

Tl;dr: zero fucks given.

2. HAHA LET'S FIX PvP ON THE COAST.... by not giving anyone a gun.

Well fucking done, Billy, what a wonderful fucking idea. I can't wait to be player killed now with a DISADVANTAGE! Guns still fucking SPAWN in the game, and people will waltz right back to the shore to kill unarmed players.

You thought this out SO WELL! I can see the untold amounts of brain power you must have used. It's manifesting itself right in front of me, that's how intense it is! Holy shit, you're like Albert fucking Einstein over here!

It gets even better, too, cause new spawns will feel the need to visit coastal towns for guns, increasing the clusterfucks in Cherno, Balota and Elektro even more.

Honestly? I can't wait to run around the coast now, killing people, knowing new spawns could never even dream to injure me. Just out of spite. To you.

There was a multiple page discussion on this. Were there? Did you miss that? It's being tried out. Deal with it. It's clear that you don't like the idea.

3. WAAAAAAAAAAH STOP THE PvP YOU FAGGOTS, HERE LOOK AT THE ZOMBIES! LOOK! LOOK THEY ATTACK MORE OFTEN NOW! LOOK AT THE ZOMBIES GUYS STOP PvP LOOK! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! PLEASE LOOK AT MY ZOMBIES THIS IS A ZOMBIE MOD STOP PvP PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

Congrats on making Zombies completely fucking insufferable. The problem created by increased vision and attack damage is two fold:

A) It tries to establish Zombies as the main aspect of gameplay. If you knew a single fucking shit about your mod, you knew that Zombies alone couldn't hold up this game in your dreams. Nobody gives a fuck about zombies after 3 days of playing. They become the minefield in a world of scavenging for equipment and bandits. This update tries to cram zombies in your face to try and make you afraid of them. All it makes ME do is scoff, call Rocket a fucking dumbass, and never visit towns again. Sit your zombies the fuck down. You tried making a Zombie game, then it turned out that zombies are just a secondary element. Don't try to turn this around somehow, it isn't fucking going to work. It certainly isn't now.

B) All stealth is thrown out the window. CoD audience getting angry and leaving? Oh please. This shit caters to them. If zombies can see you from a nautical mile away, theres no reason to not just simply run through towns into the nearest building and/or kill ever zombie within the area. Carefully navigating the minefields of zombies, managing how to avoid aggro WHILE scavenging and dealing with or hidng from other players was the gist of this game. However, this entire gameplay as a whole is gone now. You simply can't avoid zombies. Not even by crawling 24/7.

Zombie AI is in process, and this is a major attempt to tweak it and adjust gameplay. Reasonable people are giving it a few days to see what it feels like. You are not reasonable and should leave.

If you feel like this thread is offensive, then just know, it is rightly so. Am I entitled? I don't give a shit. I don't like getting drawn into a fun ride, only for you stupid cunts to pull the rag out from under my feet and bashing my face in with a sledgehammer. I get enough of that from "Professional" developers on the market.

Think your fucking ideas through. Don't try out obviously shit ideas just to double check. Can you not make inferences to how things affect the game? Did you really need to "try" these stupid fucking ideas out? They all make the game worse! How hard was it to guess?

Bottom line, you belong in the safe consumer world, playing games already play tested but a company like Valve. I love the shit out of some Valve games, and they are just as smooth as you seem to need.

Spend your day doing something you enjoy, and leave this mod to those of us who understand what we're doing and enjoy it.

Your fucktardery probably crosses over to the real world, so go beat your kids for not already being millionaires or slash your car tires because it doesn't fly. I feel for the people who made this, that they have to deal with patsmall, small minded, mean spirited people such as yourself. You have my pity.

Hes not being a internet tough guy silly' date=' hes just a ragin, and I know his rage :D

[/quote']

No silly, he's being an abusive, ranting, self-entitled child who is clearly used to getting whatever he wants from mummy. A bit of a 'Cartman', if you will.

Everyone can see there are some issues with the patch, and rocket has already mentioned a hotfix. If people are so poorly endowed with both patience and basic manners that they feel entitled to hurl abuse at the hand that feeds them, they deserve absolutely nothing....except humiliation :cool:

Hmm so why am I even responding to this screaming infant? Mandrake...OUT!

Points 1 and 3 are perfectly valid. You inability to respond to them reveals you don't actually WANT or appreciate responses.

Alright' date=' fine!

Point 1: He didn't actually get the essence of the problem here. YES the fucking beta works with Steam. It's the convoluted chore of getting it working and the potential issues down the line that bring out the problem here.

Point 3: This isn't an argument. You can't just stamp Alpha on a turd. This update was completely irresponsible in almost every way.

Are you this mad in real life aswell? I bet not.. Its easy to be a internet tough guy :)

Yep, pretty fucking mad, because I have to write OBVIOUS topics about OBVIOUS problems instead of playing the game like it was yesterday, and dealing with the average fanboys who like every piece of shit idea hurled at them.

You people are the embodiment of what's wrong in this industry. Just cheering devs on as they rape their own products in front of your eyes, you just sit perfectly content because "oh well, it's their creative right, might as well enjoy it and develop a taste for diarrhea".

the rest of post was fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck shit bastard cunt fuck fuck fuck.

I'm wishing we had signatures, cause this quote would go straight in there. :D