daish

It's Impossible to See at Night! - Other threads will be locked/deleted!

I wouldn't mind swapping to a new server except that I play on hardcore servers' date=' no 3rd person or crosshairs. Finding one of those off sync with a good ping sucks late at night.[/quote']

That is true, especially at the moment (loading screen of doom and all), but it's an alternative if you really hate it. Sometimes, though, the moon shines so bright that you can see colours and everything... >.>

My point is that if nobody is playing it except for "REAL MEN™" Like yourself' date=' then it's clearly a problem that needs to be addressed. Your post has something in common with a blowdryer in DayZ - it's totally fucking irrelevant.[/quote']

You keep stating your opinion as fact. Talk about irrelevant.

And stop perpetuating that real man, tryhard crap. Some of us simply like the challenges this purposely cruel game provides and we don't want it made easier for scrubs just because there are so many of them that their tears could flood North America.

Videogames used to be this challenging, you have been made soft by shitty games. I'm not trying to sound like a "real man" (my favourite colour is pink and I like cats, ok?), it's just the way it is imo.

Apparently even people who like a challenge don't care for the current dark, since there is not a single populated dark server.

Apparently even people who like a challenge don't care for the current dark' date=' since there is not a single populated dark server.[/quote']

You mean right now, when most people are at work or don't wanna play night time during (RL) daytime? Or ever?

Both: untrue for my region :)

Night-time is so broken that i've had to cancel my server (they wouldn't edit the servertime for us).. We can't play untill late evenings, and it's just impossible to do anything...

I guess it could be a balancing thing. I've been on servers where the night is properly illuminated by moonlight. But in such conditions, people can easily ram up the gamma, and brightness to easily see in every dark nook and crany.

Devs have made it so dark that it becomes a non-issue. Personally, I prefer the more realistic Night times - but I would like a happy go between the pitch black night of Day Z, and the default night of ARMA

Me and 2 other friends went from Electro up to Rog's castle to Dolina. 1 Makarov and 2 flashlights. It took a while, but we got there. IMO: It brings a whole new sphere to the game wich I like. It can be quite hard at sometimes, but it can be fun aswell & scary as fuck :D

Apparently even people who like a challenge don't care for the current dark' date=' since there is not a single populated dark server.[/quote']

You mean right now, when most people are at work or don't wanna play night time during (RL) daytime? Or ever?

Both: untrue for my region :)

I ignore region and look for any high pop server and pretty much any time of the day and I tend to have zero results. I have heard the same from others.

There are almost always like 25 servers at 30+ even at odd hours, but none of them tend to ever be dark.

Compared to a month ago, when I could find a dark server (with a population of over 10 people, generally 25-40) on my 2nd or 3rd try if I was lucky, its pretty obvious there has been a negative reaction to the lighting.

I love dark servers. People go to them to loot high value areas (Elektro, Cherno, Stary, NWAF) so all you have to do is go there to get kills. I ran around Elektro tossing road flares for hours to light the city up for my sniper friends. We got a half dozen kills in an hour. It was amazing.

I'm more concerned with the fact that the sun starts to rise at 3am, with color returning to the world as early as 3:30! It's kinda crazy.

jeez 44 pages of people crying about the darkness? fuckers need to wash the sand out and sack up.

I say we remove NVGs and watch the tears flow.

That would be the end-all solution to this entire issue. Is nighttime too dark? Well it's daylight if you have NVGs, that's the REAL problem. And you can't just throw flares because one shot kills so how are you even supposed to know someone is there? You only have 10 flares and can't blind unless the flare is practically on top of them.

So remove NVGs, let everyone have to deal with the same issues, and let's see just how bad black-time really is.

What ever the mod did to the nights also now occurs in the regular game. Contrast between shadow and light is way too much. At night with the NV goggles you can see street lights that are pitch black without the NV goggles, standing under the light you can barely see it at all. You can see headlights pan across a fence as the vehicle is turning, but pitch black without the NV goggles. If you honestly think this is realistic you need a head check. Any thing to do with night time in this game Dayz or not is now unplayable.

Apparently even people who like a challenge don't care for the current dark, since there is not a single populated dark server.

OH SHIT, SOMEBODY WHO PLAYS DAYZ UNDERSTANDS A SIMPLE CONCEPT! WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!?

Seriously though, i can see why this game has so many problems with people just deathmatching and other dumb shit, when out of everyone so far only one guy i have seen has managed to grasp this concept properly - it's too dark under some conditions. Not many people like it - servers being almost entirely empty after dark is an indicator there is a design problem that you can't just ignore... like some people here are trying REALLY HARD to do. Allow me to provide an example:

jeez 44 pages of people crying about the darkness? fuckers need to wash the sand out and sack up.

Open thread, skip to page 44, canned response of no value. Well done. You'll really help develop the game by responding to everything someone says with "man up"..

well in a zombie apocalypse and say 5 years after the zombie apocalypse would you still be able to see at night without a specific light source? since for sure after the outbreak face it or not there will be no Lights at night. if you cant handle the game then goodbye!

well in a zombie apocalypse and say 5 years after the zombie apocalypse would you still be able to see at night without a specific light source? since for sure after the outbreak face it or not there will be no Lights at night. if you cant handle the game then goodbye!

Have you ever been outside at night? I have deployed to Iraq twice and have expierienced life without power. The moon is bright MUCH more than it is completely dark.

Have you ever been outside at night? I have deployed to Iraq twice and have expierienced life without power. The moon is bright MUCH more than it is completely dark.

the kids seem to have no idea how bright it is outside at night

when your outside on a sunny day then go inside and its darker then normal is the same thing thats happening at night

you can see at night no problem if there is a moon

Realistically, the human eye is able to adjust to darkness in an out-all-night-without-light setting. It's never pitch black in real life unless it's cloudy; even then, it's not as dark as this game gets. Try it yourself sometime tonight. Go stand on the porch, turn out the lights inside and out, and just stand for a while, looking at your property line or tree line. Slowly but surely, your eyes will adjust, and you will be able to see.

small changes can destory games Daish has seen it happen many times

Is it just me, or is Daish talking about himself in the 3rd person, delusions of grandeur much?

i have to say that yesterday night i played for a couple of hours and it was just fine,a couple of issues inside buildings but chem lights or flashlight helped a lot..outside you can just listen to zeds and other players don't see you as well as daytime..do the zeds see less at night? making them loose line of sight seemed more easy to me..

do the zeds see less at night? making them loose line of sight seemed more easy to me..

Yes.

just toss a flare the light they give off is pretty far ranged.

Yes, don't even worry that bandits can now see you for miles off...

the new patch's are ruining any enjoyment people have playing this game (its a ARMA 2 PATCH that caused nighttime to be pitchblack)

it is now impossible to see at night time its not "hard to see" its "impossible to see" you cant even tell if your in 3rd or 1st person mode that's how hard it is to see

this is a video game for people to enjoy not real life there is no reason you should not be allowed to see at night

you cant use the flashlight and run at the same time no new players are going to enjoy that DayZ is going to die off why make changes that hurt the popularity of the game

if some people do enjoy not being able to see at all make it so only Vet servers are like this

Zombies spawning inside buildings is going to ruin alot of the enjoyment of the game as well running into other players in half the enjoyment of this game not just the zombies

players may be inside buildings all the time so your already careful you do not need zombies to spawn inside buildings

LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING video uploaded in HD Quality this is with Brightness and Gamma both set to around 70% and HDR set on "VERY HIGH"

Daish added another video longer and 100% Brightness 100% Gamma no clouds in the sky its unplayable at night and nobody will enjoy playing like this

You always speak about yourself in 3rd person ?

Because it kinda makes you look like a idiot.

But anyway , if this is a arma 2 patch why post it here?

the new patch's are ruining any enjoyment people have playing this game (its a ARMA 2 PATCH that caused nighttime to be pitchblack)

it is now impossible to see at night time its not "hard to see" its "impossible to see" you cant even tell if your in 3rd or 1st person mode that's how hard it is to see

this is a video game for people to enjoy not real life there is no reason you should not be allowed to see at night

you cant use the flashlight and run at the same time no new players are going to enjoy that DayZ is going to die off why make changes that hurt the popularity of the game

if some people do enjoy not being able to see at all make it so only Vet servers are like this

Zombies spawning inside buildings is going to ruin alot of the enjoyment of the game as well running into other players in half the enjoyment of this game not just the zombies

players may be inside buildings all the time so your already careful you do not need zombies to spawn inside buildings

LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING video uploaded in HD Quality this is with Brightness and Gamma both set to around 70% and HDR set on "VERY HIGH"

Daish added another video longer and 100% Brightness 100% Gamma no clouds in the sky its unplayable at night and nobody will enjoy playing like this

You always speak about yourself in 3rd person ?

Because it kinda makes you look like a idiot.

But anyway ' date=' if this is a arma 2 patch why post it here?

[/quote']

they made the change for DayZ not Arma 2 servers

Is the true dark a server side setting admins can change? All the Aus servers are only "grey-dark" along with the NZ ( tho i didnt bother checking every NZ server just tested a few ). "Grey-dark" ( allows gamma hack ) makes the game so boring and easy, I really liked the pitch black nights.

I don't know if the latest beta 94444 I installed solved the problem, or what. Last night on a veteran DayZ server the night was just fine and realistic. Very dark, but not pitch black in the forest. The moon was bright, leaving shadows. The reflections had the correct tint from the moonlight, it was very nice looking, and the atmosphere was perfect. You could still have situations where you needed the flashlight to see. Previously before the patch even if the moon was out it was as if all the time you had just stepped out from a very bright room into darkness, almost as if your eyes never adjusted properly. My HDR problem seems to be rectified also. I'll have to check the varying darkness levels in the editor to make sure there's not some drastic change in contrast at some point where the pitch blackness problem arises, otherwise it looks fine now.

I played on this server before it had updated to the latest beta, and it was pitch black before that.

love playing at night right now, i basically shit myself in any high risk areas and wind up seeing fine unless im in dense forest or indoors, this seems to be working as intended IMO, this is without tweaking gamma and brightness and all that whackness