daish

It's Impossible to See at Night! - Other threads will be locked/deleted!

i hate these kind of people. you dont have to play during nights if you dont have nvg and you are too scared to die.

You're incredibly ignorant. It's not a matter of being scared to die. Many people WANT to play at night, believe it or not. Dying isn't the problem. It's the fact that your only options are to get lucky and find NVGs or make yourself glowing beacon. How do you think stealthy night operations happened during WW2? They certainly didn't have night vision or draw attention to themselves by carrying road flares.

i hate these kind of people. you dont have to play during nights if you dont have nvg and you are too scared to die.

You're incredibly ignorant. It's not a matter of being scared to die. Many people WANT to play at night' date=' believe it or not. Dying isn't the problem. It's the fact that your only options are to get lucky and find NVGs or make yourself glowing beacon. How do you think stealthy night operations happened during WW2? They certainly didn't have night vision or draw attention to themselves by carrying road flares.

[/quote']

This in a nutshell. Why hate on those with common sense? I want to play at night because night operations are best to avoid bandits. The cover of night has always given inferior numbers an advantage if used properly. If I wanted to be lit up, I would play on a daytime server.

This mod is in alpha still. And since you are complaining, I have two suggestions for you:

1. Mod the game yourself. Learn Syntax, C, C++, Visual Basic, etc needed for the game. Change the scripts and the visuals.

2. Shut up and let the Dev Team do their job, and let them make THEIR mod.

This mod is in alpha still. And since you are complaining' date=' I have two suggestions for you:

1. Mod the game yourself. Learn Syntax, C, C++, Visual Basic, etc needed for the game. Change the scripts and the visuals.

[/quote']

shut up and learn what your talking about before you post?

the darkness is from ARMA 2 not DayZ

nighttime servers empty out the only reason some nighttime servers have players in them is because all the daylight servers are full

Real nighttime in the wilderness is almost that dark besides the moonlight but there is no moon in Arma 2 therefore no light. And the darkness gives flares and lights a purpose and makes the game more interesting. If the game was playable at night what would the purpose of NVG's be?

Well shadowbeing, there is a moon in Arma, but it follows realtime moon cycles, when there is a moon you can actually see things, not much so you still have to be carefull at night. The best time is actually a few nights around full moon (even when it is partly clouded), so all in all around 10 days each month night time shows something (even more so with the Gamma and brightness slider al to the right).

And the best nights are around full moon.

And a proposal for balancing those NVG's, limit their lifespans, they are operated with batteries, so you have to make the most of it in a limited time of use and then the batteries die.

Daish, Its funny how you think everyone is like you and no new players will play this game.

I'm a new player and I think the darkness is great for immersion.

I will be sad if they remove it.

Night is broken' date=' or at the very least bugged.

http://i.imgur.com/vKKCU.jpg

Thats with gamma & brightness cranked, it's unplayable.

[/quote']

wow you are really stupid... you are not supposed to see in dark without fleshlight, nvg flares etc....

This mod is in alpha still. And since you are complaining' date=' I have two suggestions for you:

[/quote']

Yes, it's Alpha and what Rocket want is Feedback - which we're providing him with.

wow you are really stupid... you are not supposed to see in dark without fleshlight' date='[/b'] nvg flares etc....

Oh my.

Why so many are rude and saying shut the fuck up and let devs make there game?

Its a forum for DISCUSSION and devs are hopefully wise enough witch info they take serieus or not and maybe from some discussions they implement in the game.

Are you guys affraid they implement something you don't like ?

Games will always have gameplay featers you don't like thats fact a game can never be 100% tailor made to your likings.

So lets discus and argue on a civilized way with some bloody manners instead of shout like a pansy wanker go wonka over someones other ones opinion about the game you maybe dont like ok.

Yes' date=' it's Alpha and what Rocket want is [u']Feedback - which we're providing him with.

Nope, rocket wants discussion, not tons of feedback. 90% of it is garbage anyway.

Yes' date=' it's Alpha and what Rocket want is [u']Feedback - which we're providing him with.

Nope, rocket wants discussion, not tons of feedback. 90% of it is garbage anyway.

Discussion about this subject is impossible because there's too many assholes that already have NVGs, and they're the ones bitching about that it's not too dark and etc because they have a superior advantage.

If anyone thinks this is realistic, you should be shot on spot. It's nowhere near realism.

This is more like it should be.

[/quote']

wow you are really stupid... you are not supposed to see in dark without fleshlight, nvg flares etc....

Was waiting for this. Sorry but my picture is with the brightness slider and gamma slider all the way to the right, so this is what they consider "cheating" the darkness, and you still cannot make out ANYTHING. This is not intended, hence why they are testing a new lighting system on certain servers.

The game has random issues with brightness at night, I used to be a nighttime only player and didn't like playing during daylight, now it's impossible.

Discussion about this subject is impossible because there's too many assholes that already have NVGs, and they're the ones bitching about that it's not too dark and etc because they have a superior advantage.

If anyone thinks this is realistic, you should be shot on spot. It's nowhere near realism.

Even that second one is terrible, the sky is lit up just fine but no light is being cast on the objects.

You want to see good nighttime? Try this.

W2fAQ.jpg

A slight shade under this. You can tell road from tree, you have a flashlight to clearly see what's in front of you, but if someone runs by you CANNOT tell unless you're paying close attention. This is real nighttime, pure and simple. Having to light flares and make yourself an easy target is stupid.

To even take the "hardcore" logic, they say that to survive you simply don't become a target. Move where you have the advantage, and only attack when you have a clear shot. That's EXACTLY why people don't play at night. So take heart elitists, players are learning.

[/quote']

Was waiting for this. Sorry but my picture is with the brightness slider and gamma slider all the way to the right, so this is what they consider "cheating" the darkness, and you still cannot make out ANYTHING. This is not intended, hence why they are testing a new lighting system on certain servers.

The game has random issues with brightness at night, I used to be a nighttime only player and didn't like playing during daylight, now it's impossible.

Even that second one is terrible, the sky is lit up just fine but no light is being cast on the objects.

so you liked to cheat with brightness and gamma settings? and now cheat wont work so you dont like to play at night anymore?? lol

I solve the darkness problem by filtering for "gmt+" in the server list! I can usually find 1-2 low ping, timezone adjusted servers that play like a dream.

I live in west coast USA (gmt -7 i believe,) so adjust for where you live ofc.

A quick fix to the current darkness "problem" would just be some kind of "can hold torch & pistol" solution (or duct tape)

[/quote']

so you liked to cheat with brightness and gamma settings? and now cheat wont work so you dont like to play at night anymore?? lol

Wow you have absolutely no reading comprehension. The night was dark. Complete pure black. So I pumped up the gamma/brightness to the max and took a screenshot to illustrate the fact that even with it at maximum levels, it was still unplayable.

The night is much too dark, anyone playing without nightvision will realise this fact within 20mins.

The nights are perfect.

Props for rocket and the arma II team for having the balls to realistically render night time envireoments. And i've never seen a nvg in this game.

To the people saying "not being able to see in the night is part of the realistic gameplay" have any of you been on the open sky at night? you can actually se pretty well, being blind at night its a stupid thing, unless its intentional for the game this feature its not realistic at all.