daish

It's Impossible to See at Night! - Other threads will be locked/deleted!

It's still pitch black in some of the swedish and german servers, and it's supposed to be about 10-11 AM in there. Hard to say whether this is intended, but it's frustrating that you can't see anything even during the day.

It's still pitch black in some of the swedish and german servers' date=' and it's supposed to be about 10-11 AM in there. Hard to say whether this is intended, but it's frustrating that you can't see anything even during the day.

[/quote']

Likely the hosts are running time offset to give people who play in the evening (most people with jobs) a chance for day light and low pings.

the new beta for Arma2 (93965) or 1.7.1.5 has messed up night again. There was a brief moment with 1.7.1.4 and 825 where you could use gamma and brightness to see at night again, but between 1.7.1.5 and 93965 night is once again mostly pitch blackness except stars and the occasional roof silhouette.

Not that I like the gamma/brightness "cheat", but it was certainly better than total darkness.

Basically at any given time, half the servers in the world are unusable. The flashlight is useless, since you can't move at a decent rate or shoot while you're using it. Consequently all the day servers are full, the night servers are half full, probably filled with a few NVG users and people who just logged in briefly before realizing how pointless it is to try to play.

NEED OPERATIONAL FLASHLIGHT ALL THE TIME. It would make night playable and actually quite fun, with the limited FOV and risk of giving oneself away to bandits.

Fixing nighttime should be a priority, because the current pitch black option basically halves the time I can spend playing it.

Basically at any given time' date=' half the servers in the world are unusable. The flashlight is useless, since you can't move at a decent rate or shoot while you're using it. Consequently all the day servers are full, the night servers are half full, probably filled with a few NVG users and people who just logged in briefly before realizing how pointless it is to try to play.

Fixing nighttime should be a priority, because the current pitch black option basically halves the time I can spend playing it.

[/quote']

THIS.

NEED OPERATIONAL FLASHLIGHT ALL THE TIME. It would make night playable and actually quite fun' date=' with the limited FOV and risk of giving oneself away to bandits.

[/quote']

Replace the flashlight with a camping headlamp that is always facing forward of the player. This frees your hands to be used for regular things in Day Z, like weapons and ladders.

this was my first experience playing at night

.....lol

Let's see now' date=' been playing this series for around 10 years, with many people with different levels of experience. Never once whined about not being able to see at night. Deal with it kiddies. Adjust your brightness. find NVGs, or realise that at night without a good moon or a clear sky you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE.

There's a danger of these wimps ruining the game, and it isn't a positive movement at all.

[/quote']

That is stupid.

Changing brightness doesn't do a thing.

And how realistic is it to have a sun but not a moon? This is not another planet, we are on earth.

So to compensate for the lack of a moon you need to fix the night.

I can't find NVG because I CAN'T SEE WHERE MY CHARACTER IS, or see what way I am facing, I can't see if my character stands up, sits down, is proning. I can't see ANYTHING.

The game is as black as the background on this website.

So "deal with it" is retarded.

The night looks different depending on your monitor. Some people have darker some have brighter. Something which you clearly fail to realize.

I like how dark it is. :)

someone is a bandit

It would be ok if it was realisticly dark.

In the country, even with no streetlights, you can see. Especially when the moon is out, and let's be honest, the moon is out at some point during the night 80% of the time. But in game, it seems to automatically get cloudy when night comes.

Even without the moon, your eyes adjust within 5 or so minutes and you can see fine.

So either A. Make the nights brighter or B. The longer you play, the brighter the night becomes, to simulate adjustment. That's realism.

Ok i can see this from both sides because i do actually like night time especially when in my car. however sometimes it is too extreme, there is times when it is so dark that every inch of your screen is literally black and that is not good, I do think it should be slightly lighter since even when its pitch black in real life you can still see your feet, it is unrealistically dark, all that would need done is the surface area to be a little lighter as you can usually see the sky however the ground is just blackness.

And yes I will get a load of kiddies whining at me telling me not to fucking play the game or whatever, but as i said i do like night time but sometimes it seems to be darker than others and those times its just a little over the top.

this was my first experience playing at night

.....lol

Yeah thats what im saying, you couldnt even see the sky there its just black all over your screen and if you dare use artificial light then your going to die no matter what you try.

Sometimes night time is playable but when it gets as dark as in your video its just pointless even trying unless you have a vehicle.

Not with my NVGs its not. Make it as dark as possible I say, the 98% of people without night vision won't see me coming with my crowbar in hand XD

People too lazy to play the game want the devs to accommodate them, why?

[...] if you dare use artificial light then your going to die no matter what you try.

Sometimes night time is playable [...]

Zombies are not being attracted by Chemlights or any lamps.

DayZ without night is DayZ without fun. I do hope there will be a solution so people will actually play night. And no, a solution is not an arcade night.

I've just played 3 hours during a "pitch black" night. Was able to see stars and contours against the horizon.

Simple solution to see: Use your Flashlight. If you stumble across green chemlights, try using them in combination. That way you can travel with switching the light on and off to scan your surroundings.

While you would avoid roads in daylight, they are your best navigation assistance during nighttime. If you get lost follow a road to a building and try to find it on the map. You should know your area of operations. So it should already be narrowed down.

Before entering a city get to high ground. Cut all light sources and try to spot lights in there. If nothing moves get both the sticks and the light again. Same on and off procedure as you would travel.

And don't be so afraid of hostile players. If they want to see they need to use light sources as well.

Welcome to the most intense part of this game. You can't beat the atmosphere.

People too lazy to play the game want the devs to accommodate them' date=' why?

[/quote']

[sarcasm] Because running around blind in the dark without a chance is great fun! [sarcasm]

Let's see now' date=' been playing this series for around 10 years, with many people with different levels of experience. Never once whined about not being able to see at night. Deal with it kiddies. Adjust your brightness. find NVGs, or realise that at night without a good moon or a clear sky you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE.

There's a danger of these wimps ruining the game, and it isn't a positive movement at all.

[/quote']

That is stupid.

Changing brightness doesn't do a thing.

And how realistic is it to have a sun but not a moon? This is not another planet, we are on earth.

So to compensate for the lack of a moon you need to fix the night.

I can't find NVG because I CAN'T SEE WHERE MY CHARACTER IS, or see what way I am facing, I can't see if my character stands up, sits down, is proning. I can't see ANYTHING.

The game is as black as the background on this website.

So "deal with it" is retarded.

The night looks different depending on your monitor. Some people have darker some have brighter. Something which you clearly fail to realize.

I haven't failed to realise it, hence the suggestion to change brightness, which can be done outside of the game. The lunar cycle is fully simulated by the engine, so it isn't smart to go night raiding when there is a new moon and a cloudy sky.

First of all, try to discuss in a normal matter instead of all this rage on each other. people can't make a thread about their issues without everyone raging on that person and that doesn't do anything good.

I do support that it is a little to dark. I think that a something like IRL nightvision should be considered. and when you look into a flashlight or come to close to a flare or anything that in normal life would remove your nightvision then you should loose you nightvision ofcouse. forcing you to wait untill you regain your nightvision (Which shouldn't just be 1min but long time, gaining a nightvision should be a slow process). I do not suggest that this nigthvision should be like the previous servers night but just so that you can see shapes and other stuff, so that the nightvision item still is usefull (Which it wasn't on servers with a night so bright like the day)

I just wish they had a shorter day/night cycle, so i didn't have to switch server every time it gets dark :/

As someone who road a bicycle 10 miles home from work every night at times varying from 11pm-4am for 16 months straight down back roads through the country and only turning on a light to signal passing/oncoming cars, I can assure you that even when there's a new moon it is plenty visible in real life outside. It's amazing what stars do.

The moon should def. affect visibility outside more.. ever been outside on a full moon? It's not bad... Day Z its like the same thing every night.. no NVG and you log off and find a day time server... Needs tweaked.

Rocket tells us that he's not going to tell others how to play, yet makes it impossible for anyone without NVGs to survive in an unrealistically BLACK night.

So, either nighttime gets an overhaul, or NVGs get removed. Right now, the "not helping balance" argument is wearing thin when there's a clear design preference to mass killers, not even normal bandits.

Rocket tells us that he's not going to tell others how to play' date=' yet makes it impossible for anyone without NVGs to survive in an unrealistically BLACK night.

So, either nighttime gets an overhaul, or NVGs get removed. Right now, the "not helping balance" argument is wearing thin when there's a clear design preference to mass killers, not even normal bandits.

[/quote']

i hate these kind of people. you dont have to play during nights if you dont have nvg and you are too scared to die.

The game shouldn't allow players to butcher their graphics settings to negate the challenges posed by the game's design, but in this case it seems unavoidable. It makes DayZ generally look like crap once you start fiddling with gamma etc, and you'd do better to spend your efforts finding a day time server than switching gfx settings back and forth between night and day. It's hard enough to see anything at <5k blood during the day anyway...

Until NVG's are given at spawn or it is brightened nearly to the point of being day time - in essence they achieve the same result - night time DayZ will remain a novelty. To each his own.