Sign in to follow this  
CorporalCupCake

Sitting Characters are Harder to See

So I've found it a bit odd that I have to seemingly stand to sit down with the ' command (by default), but my visibility remains the same as if I had still been standing. I realise that the sitting command is more of an aesthetic action rather than a gameplay feature (similar to saluting), but for roleplaying purposes, I think that it would fit more if when your character sits, you take on the visibility of the crouching level. At least this way, players can simulate rest nearby their camp or in a house with a lower chance of being seen.

How should i not see anyone who is sitting if i happen to pass him? Ok some are so blind they won't even see you when you are standing in the branches of a tree without camo clothing. Standing objects are harder to spot in game anyway even if you are standing unless you have yourself silhouetted...

How should i not see anyone who is sitting if i happen to pass him? Ok some are so blind they won't even see you when you are standing in the branches of a tree without camo clothing. Standing objects are harder to spot in game anyway even if you are standing unless you have yourself silhouetted...

Umm... I believe he is referring to Zombies seeing him...

Therefore, yes. Sitting should affect visibility the same way it does when crouching.

I think the problem is that sitting is not a stance, its an animation, when you sit your stance is still standing, so when the game gets your stance to calculate visibility it gets standing as your stance.

I think the problem is that sitting is not a stance, its an animation, when you sit your stance is still standing, so when the game gets your stance to calculate visibility it gets standing as your stance.

I believe the OP understands this. That is why the post has been made. It wouldn't be too hard to code something like that in.

Psedocode:

WHEN player='sitting'

Visibility='low'