Sign in to follow this  
barrymcgrue1982

dogs

in the real world if the zombie apocalypse happened who would look after all the animals? No one. I suggest packs of ravenous dogs (would they be able to smell you when you get to close? could you throw food to distract them?

I think the inclusion of carnivorous animals would provide a dangerous thrill to hunting, because it creates the sense that you're being hunted yourself, by a creature that's just trying to do what you've been doing - survive. From a gameplay point of view, it'd mean you'd have to look out for more than zombies, especially in forests.

I can imagine a scene like in I Am Legend, with Will Smith. You're zeroing in on a boar, then all of a sudden a group of wolves comes down on it. It'd give the environment a sense of livelieness, while providing a glimpse into what some animals are now forced to do.

• Like 1

I wander the lonely road, and every town I reach I must avoid zombies. Get in, get out with my precious loot.

But on the lonely road, I hear howling. Feral packs of dogs should target lone players, making their presence known long before they attack, tracking over long distances, but keeping their distance until the player least expects it.

Hello there

There is another zombie mod for arma that has packs of feral dogs. They are scary indeed. I'd love to see something similar included in the SA.

Rgds

LoK