Sign in to follow this  
barrymcgrue1982

Zombie animals

I think the addition of zombie animals might make the game more science fiction or fantastical, rather than the stark realism that the devs are going for. The zombies in Day Z, in my mind, are not supposed to be a varied, interesting character in themselves, but rather a force which has thrown the players into the survival lifestyle they now live. They're a backdrop for the greater challenge of survival in a post-apocalyptic land.

Mind you, that's just how I play. There may be hundreds of other players that just hunt zombies rather than searching for food and scrounging for supplies.

On a side note, I've tried "animal attack" scripts in ArmA and the animals don't seem to be able to run any faster than a human. <_<

On the other hand, when a mongrel or Alsatian catches up to you, they break your legs almost instantly.

On a side note, I've tried "animal attack" scripts in ArmA and the animals don't seem to be able to run any faster than a human. <_<

On the other hand, when a mongrel or Alsatian catches up to you, they break your legs almost instantly.

That sounds flipping brutal.