protectadin

DayZ coming to console port?

Well if a console version means I dont have to deal with the PC kiddies ruining the game every 5 minutes, sign me up .I can always mute an Xbot.

Except those aren't "pc kiddies". Those are the console brats who are using their parents pc to play DayZ.

In that article it says "the next Xbox will have 4 CPU's more powerfull than any gaming PC". Well that's bollocks right there. An Xbox basically is a PC, just a standardised version focused on gaming and for a fixed price.

that's kinda true, but at the same time they do use a specialized cpu and gpu that you're not gonna find in any 'gaming pc'

I don't care if it reaches console, I'll still just play it on PC instead. If we're considering DayZ's current form, I can't see how it could possibly get ported to console. The inventory system alone would be such a pain with a controller. It would definitely need a lot of tweaking.

But eh, I'll reserve judgment until I actually see it happen.

Hope not. Console has ruined PC gaming enough already.

That's a little dramatic, don't ya think?

Not really. I'm tired of dumbed down interfaces due to the consoles demanding it be made more simplistic to appease their core customers simplistic tastes. Most of those peoples heads would pop like a melon hit with a .50 if they actually had to learn a complicated hotkey layout for some game as complex as X2 or X3.

The console companies are single handedly responsible for the dumbing down of the gaming industry in general.

Consoles for the most part lost me forever with Parappa the Rapper and other such "featured" drivel back in the day. Anything worth a damn on console now will be on PC as well. Most of the stuff that actually is console only that i've noticed no self respecting PC gamer would actually want to play to begin with in most cases.