Sign in to follow this  
spinxuk

DAYZ FPS Issue

Greetings and Salutations one and all.

I have run into an issue with Dayz. In short the FPS is shocking to say the least....

My FPS from my EVGA GTX680 SC is around 60fps @ 1920x1080.

Now I know that both ARMA2 @ DAYZ can have some issues, but the issue I face is that I can get my FPS to stay stable.

It like a stutter from time to time and then other times a massive FPS drop when i zoom in for example.

I have updated my Bios, re-installed WIN7 64bit Ultimate, all drivers etc etc.

And the same issue is still there.

I have reset the system overclock back to stock and still the same issue.

System Specs:

EVGA GTX680 SC 2GB

i5 3570k OC @ 4.6 @1.410v (stock is 3.4)

12gb Corsair Vengance 1600 Ram (9-9-9-24) @ 1.5v

Gigabyte Z77x-D3H (F16 BIOS)

2 x Corsair Force 3 SSD's(latest firmware)

1 x WD Black Caviar 1.8tb (Storage)

Corsair AX850w PSU

3 x ASUS 22 1080p Monitors(only use one when running ARMA2/DAYZ)

Any advice would be great

I have heard that a ram drive may be an option even due to the fact I have 2 SSD's.

Would this be correct??

Which drivers at present would be the best for DAYZ??? (Running the 310.70 WHQL)

I know there a million topics and i have read so many I have lost count.

When I first started playing DAYZ several Months ago i didn't have this issue, not sure if its a NVIDIA thing or ARMA2 beta patch.

So any advice would be great.

Thanks AmatoUK

Tip number one;

Do NOT download or use an "FPS booster," or any other .dll, .exe or .sqf(script) that's supposed to "improve performance."

These will steal your CD-key, which will be sold to a hacker for a couple bucks, and get you banned.

Edit; Just saying this as a pre-caution. I don't want to see you coming back in a week or two, asking how to get unbanned by a Global Ban. 'FPS boosters' are the most common way people are losing their CD-keys.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

Is vsync disabled? I also disable post-processing (makes me nauseous) and AA (personal preference). Please list your video settings. I tend to turn off/down all the video settings for max framerate but that's just me.

Tip number one;

Do NOT download or use an "FPS booster," or any other .dll, .exe or .sqf(script) that's supposed to "improve performance."

These will steal your CD-key, which will be sold to a hacker for a couple bucks, and get you banned.

Edit; Just saying this as a pre-caution. I don't want to see you coming back in a week or two, asking how to get unbanned by a Global Ban. 'FPS boosters' are the most common way people are losing their CD-keys.

Never would, never have, and trust me been round the block to many times to fall for that one :D

Is vsync disabled? I also disable post-processing (makes me nauseous) and AA (personal preference). Please list your video settings. I tend to turn off/down all the video settings for max framerate but that's just me.

Here are the settings in game:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/TaicorUK/arma2oa2012-12-2110-45-04-46_zps140b7f81.jpg

Even with vsync turned off i only hit around 70/75 fps but still get the drop. have turned things up and down as some post advised in regards to having the GPU do the work rather than the CPU.

But still I cant find the reason for the FPS drops.

I take it that running ARMA2/DAYZ from a SSD would aid the performance??

Used to run it from the WD Black Cavier 1.8tb before my fresh install and it didn't have the issue.

Does Steam have issues with SSD's?? I heard from some ppl avoid using Steam and games downloaded on a SSD due to the way Steam manages the files??

Is there any truth to that??

Thanks for the advice so far

AmatoUK