Sign in to follow this  
Bourneco

Suggestions: New area's to explore, and new gear.

I believe we should have an actual INFECTION System, which means, if you get bit/downed by a zombie, you get infected, but, the time until you ACTUALLY turn is determined by how many bites you endured, 1 bite is 24 hours (In game) and 2 is dividing by 2 ect. ect. ect.

But, you could also have a new suit/gear that can block bites, such as a Hazmat suit thats been covered in wax, so that its harder for teeth to dig into it, they would be MOST COMMONLY found in Military camps and hospitals, due to the fact the CDC, Hazmat, Russian Spetznaz Hazardous Material squad would be called in, all wearing these suits, they would vary, the CDC would get orange ones, Hazmat would get a kind of greenish-brown camoflauge pattern, Russian HM squad would get a standard, US-ish camo pattern (Due to the fact they are a COMBAT squad). If this is implimented it would strengthen the need to be stealthy, but also give run-and-gun long time players a huge advantage over other players.

+More Survival

+More gear

+Possibility of more player-based events, that actually happen un-schedueled because players discover stuff.

-More of a hardened gamer type playerbase

-More 'Ishootyouforgear' players.

-/+ People can gain these items.

CDC suit:

-Less Combat armor

-Peripheral vision

+Not being infected

Hazmat:

+/- Slight combat armor.

-Peripheral vision (Not as bad as CDC, though)

+ Not being Infected

+On-suit backpack

Russian Hazmat:

+Combat Armored

-Peripheral Vision (Not as bad as Hazmat)

+Not being infected

+Best for combat use

Edited by Bourneco

Forgot one:

Experimental Medications that PREVENT turning (For about 2 days or so)

Rare as FUCK.

-Rare

+Don't get infected as fast

+Allows players to still stay alive IF they have a stockpile.

I would rather just wear chainmail. No zombie is going to be able to bite through it.

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury
  • Like 2

Not only BITES infect though, you could say it was (The Salanum Virus) is airborne or on the actual BODYS of zombies, so, if you breath to much in, it could be that way, I also suggest making a gasmask item, due to the fact of that (And Filters that need to be re-put on)

Gasmasks:

Ability to not get infected by airborne virus strains.

-Peripheral Vision

+Not infected in air

+Not infected by various other things (Not bites)

-Needs a large amount of filters to function properly

• Like 1

No thanks- I think this will be satisfied by the illness system in S.A.

And I believe it is canon that all survivors are immune, which is hey they're not infected already.

I'd like to see a couple of underground bunker type complexes.... creepy lighting (or lack of) would make for some serious atmosphere both day and night.

Uhhh... don't you think you're going a little too far with the infection thing? In my opinion it's out of place in the game for people to turn into zombies.

OOoo!

Camp-site sanitary conditions:

+More survival

+Upkeep

-You get fucked with different colds for different sanitarys (Fecal, piss, STD's, blah, blah)

+Otherboshit that has to do with colllds?

Its a good idea but I think just a Bite should do it and Anti-biotics cure it and are more common in Hospitals but the more you get bit the less time you have and the more Anti-biotic Doses you must take until you are forced to OD on them which knocks you out and has a chance to make you suffer the original Zombie Illness we have currently

No, an ACTUAL zombie illness would cause an actual sense of Paranoia in playergroups, after a huge bit of combat, there should be a bite-check that people can do, and if that person is bit, either quarintine, or kill.

BUT, players can cover up bites and risk there group, but also cause less paranoia.

Yeah why??Infected are just not scary and people wonder all the time why that is.The fear of infected should be of becoming infected yourself.Anytime you start to bleed while scuffling with infected you should have a 50% chance of contracting the disease.And if you have antibiotics then you should be able to stop the infection from taking over your body.Give some fear to the infected is a good thing IMO.Also,I would love to see the infected have a chance to knock you down to the ground.Think going prone when surrounded by a horde.

Yeah why??Infected are just not scary and people wonder all the time why that is.The fear of infected should be of becoming infected yourself.Anytime you start to bleed while scuffling with infected you should have a 50% chance of contracting the disease.And if you have antibiotics then you should be able to stop the infection from taking over your body.Give some fear to the infected is a good thing IMO.Also,I would love to see the infected have a chance to knock you down to the ground.Think going prone when surrounded by a horde.

Why? Because it would be a Major Gamebreaker

Imagine you survive vor 24 days Then a "Zombie" Hits you and you become infected and you die in 2 days no matter what you do.

Regarding antibiotics Curing/ stopping The Zombie disease .. If this was possible, why was there pandemic After all?

I am against The Zombie Virus beeing a disease ingame

That is what makes going into towns bad, this would kinda balance out the actual SURVIVAL players and BANDIT players.

I dont get the meaning of your post, you didnt explain THAT much, or I'm just stupid. But you said you get infected, what then? You loose HP or something? Sorry I'm half asleep dont realy see. :P

Besides the fact that we've been told that survivors are immune (this might still be subject to change), an infection system which turns players in to Zeds would break the game.

If it's revealed that we aren't immune,

AI control of "DEAD by Zed" players might be cool. (walking loot-piles) but I don't want people getting killed by Zeds, on purpose, just to come back as zeds, to grief survivors.

I was under the impression that, first and foremost, this is a survival game. The aim should be to stay alive.

If they have any medication which could prevent/cure the Zed infection,

There would surely be more organised survivors (military, government, civil servants etc.). I don't want to see any NPCs, so I prefer everyone else to stay dead or infected.

If a system of irreversible infection is implemented,

It would severely hinder the long-term survivor's scavenging options. Can't go near any zombies? You would HAVE to resort to banditry to get food/ammo etc.

This should definitely be avoided as much as possible. Sickness should be a threat, but not to the extent that it becomes unavoidable.

ALSO: There's an Edit Post button. :thumbsup:

And when you are bitten, you suffer visions of being surrounded by zombies, but the zombies are your squad mates and you attack them or they make you panic and freak out o the point of being debilatating.

The more you are bitten the more blurry the screen becomes...... no wait!

That wouldn't be as dumb as it sounds, it attacks the nervous system, so we are immune to it in our CELLS but not our BRAIN, you'd hallucinate until they get paranoid enough to kill you or lock you in some random place.