DERjesus

Bandit negativity

I am not entirely sure how it should be done, I am after all a noob; but there must be some sort of persistent negative effects for turning into a player killing bandit. Right now it is the easiest way to play - so that how many people chose to play - I have yet to find a friendly player (although have only been playing a little over a week).

The problem is PvP is core to this game. So whatever is done must not break the that.

So players should be penalised for killing other players in a PvP oriented game?

Improving other mechanics of the game that are broken can solve this without directly influencing players. More difficult zombies. Lower gun spawn chances. Better close range combat.

I don't have that much trouble finding friendlies. I must just look too bad ass scary to mess with....or pathetic, i'm not sure?

The trick i find is don't startle people - that's a sure fire way of getting shot. If you want to make contact do it from a position of cover.

You will always be a target for bandits, but we need that threat, its what gives DayZ that added edge. Just wait until you get a couple of bandit kills under your belt, then there will be no stopping you.

Good luck

• Like 1

The negative effect is you get a bandit skin. People can shoot you on sight without worry if you have one. I spare no one that has that skin. Best way to keep balance is to have organized bandit hunting groups.

I am not entirely sure how it should be done, I am after all a noob; but there must be some sort of persistent negative effects for turning into a player killing bandit. Right now it is the easiest way to play - so that how many people chose to play - I have yet to find a friendly player (although have only been playing a little over a week).

The problem is PvP is core to this game. So whatever is done must not break the that.

Only a noob would say PvP is the easiest way to play. Seeings how you admitted to being a noob you should take my word for it. (no offense intended) It is not. Something that thinks will be harder than a programed AI when it's balanced for mass game play. Just straight looting gets very boring sooner or later. If it doesn't I worry for you. ; ) How many weapons do you need? Do use ammo while looking for ammo? Looting is EASY. It kinda supposed to be because the other people ARE the antagonists. I can usually gear up and defend myself on any server in about 30 minutes and that's a little over exaggerated. Head shot from a 1911 kills just like a head shot from an AS50.

The real crime in this game that most make--that have a problem with the PvP-- is they don't fully analyze what happened to get them killed. Learn from your mistakes and don't get too attached to your gear is the best starting advice in this game. = ))

Edited by NoyZ

I think Bandits should be penalized for killing Freshspawns or people with no weapons. I can not STAND bandits who think they are all high and mighty when they camp spawn points or Electro/Chern to kill fresh spawn players.

BUT

I think the problem is with the Community and not the game. If we could get more bandits to move north, rather than camp spawns (or put spawns all over the map) It would decrease PVP Camping and make it into a better survival game, not only by making it harder to find friends but spreading people out farther making you feel exposed where ever you are.

I think this problem will be self correcting with the SA version of DayZ with the new map(s). The only map you really see spawn camping at is Chernarus. If you can get out of the spawn without dying from some spawn camping pussy, then the only places you tend to run into people is NW airfield and Stary Sobor. Other than that, you tend to hit people only on occasion in random towns which (IMO) makes the game so much more intense.

Only a noob would say PvP is the easiest way to play. Seeings how you admitted to being a noob you should take my word for it. (no offense intended) It is not.

Yes it is. Trying being a Hero/Medic. You will rage more times than being a bandit. Being a Bandit takes minimal skill compared to being a Medic who tries to trust everyone... Only a bandit would say being a bandit is hard. Try getting 5k Humanity (legitimately) then tell me being a Bandit is hard.

As for Bandit skins... yeah just shoot them on site. I don't spare any bandits as its apparent they spared no one.

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

I agree camping spawns/cherno/electro for fresh players is a total dick move

I love pvp, I would want nothing done to take that away. and after about a week of playing I can gear up and avoid the common bandit spots fairly well. That said, I stand by my comment; being a bandit is the easiest way to play the game.