Disgraced

1.7.1 in 20 words or less

I think shit just got real epic..

I was quite bored of 0 risk or death.. now I may have to drop my 50cal for one with ammo and actually fear the Z again... been a while since that.

One guy said it back on the first page, get rid of NVG. Make everyone take equal risks at night with chemlights and flares.

So far, love the low starting inventory, and I've been stealthy and not aggrod zeds yet. The new vision changes remove the "perfect invisibility" that prone used to be, and I love seeing all the tears from people who were here to "play to win."

Waiting on 1.7.2.

This game went from a hardcore survival game to a death simulator. Crouch walking, getting spotted at 100m by a walker, having to run 2km and enter a small room is getting incredibly old. Especially when you have to do it for every single area you enter.

i do not like this patch, at least to some extent.

i like how you start with no gun, but at least make guns easier to find then, now theres no self defence and as soon as you take one step you atract zeds and your dead get us melee weapons or something!

the darkness, a bug?, if not, this isnt working, flaslight only makes a small spot and everything around it is black, if you run it shakes around, walking with it is suicide caus every zed can see you anyway

* Waiting on 1.7.2

Zombies more dangerous, n1 (except LOS issue)

Low starting gear, n1

Slow movement does not result in less visibility anymore:

Not good at all. Facilitates running over stealth

The LOS mechanic would probably need quite some work to feel natural...

Suggestion: 1.7.0 system with increased zombie damage and +20%, 30% longer sightrange. Zombie vision = movement direction.

Disaster - hence hot-fix. Also: zombies hit too hard. Insta-death slap-down.

i love the new hopper animations. running speed of all types and ability to get away are way in the right direction. the new sensory ranges are killing me everywhere... starting without gear is HARD and i love it, but getting my friends to our group spot is nearly impossible now heh. poor bastards.

i love that the rewards of finding gear means so much again, but at the same time sometimes i just want ride up with my friends to shoot things.

I do not list the stuff that the dev team gonna fix today

Pros:

-more dam from zombies

-Hunting stands are better guarded now

Cons:

-growling sounds are useless now because they see you farther away then you can hear them

-motivates a stategy wich consits of one runing in in cercles and while the rest loots because you cant sneak anymore, or running into a bulding and hiding while you hope to god that you ammo doesnt run out and you have no other zombies in the building

-the starting curve is over the charts now because often you spawn with a zombie right on your heels and you cant loose lod while you are in the wilderness (e.g. zombies see you through pine trees before you can see or hear them)

-flashlight doesnt work

-croching or "shift"-walking is useless in this mod because zombies now have super vision and the hotfix doesn't change that one bit

New hopping animation is great.

No weapons is fine.

Zombie vision means that running like a madman is better than trying to be sneaky. Unless you wanna crawl all day and still risk being spotted, sprinting all over town is the best option.

Increased zombie attack range only worsened the attacking through walls & in buildings.