Sign in to follow this  
DireMickey

Scope changing?

Ok so what if in the random piles of junk you find around the world of day z you could find detachable and reatachable scopes of different zooms which you could attach to the hunting rifle as (if im correct, i have not found it in awhile) it only has one zoom range. Along with these scopes you might also find silences which you could attach to guns which would obviously decrease the range and power of the shot.

Just a thought. No hate please. Yes or no would be fine.

Edited by DireMickey

i think that modding and damage will be a feature of weaponry in SA

i think that modding and damage will be a feature of weaponry in SA

mmk. thanks for the feedback :)

simply putting a silencer on a gun doesn't change anything.

It's the subsonic Ammo you need, for the weapon to be silent, that decrease the range and power of the shot.

I am no expert, but i think there is more to it than plug and play with silencers (and other weapon mods, too)

But I like the Idea xD

Edited by UmBe

It's the subsonic Ammo you need, for the weapon to be silent, that decrease the range and power of the shot.

I am no expert, but i think there is more to it than plug and play with silencers (and other weapon mods, too)

But I like the Idea xD

thankyou for the feedback :)

woah i went a little beserk last night

Edited by Trizzo

But I like the Idea xD

You don't need subsonic rounds to suppress a weapon, but it will be more efficient, since they use less gunpowder. Smaller "pow"

WTF!

"Whilst sorting though a medial trash bin full of aids needles i found a "detachable non zoom silencer" that i can change between makarov and as50?

What the actual fuck are ou talking about? And why did you preface your idea with "dont hate;. Do you generally amke random stream of conscious unoformied ideas that lead nowhwere? And yes or no to what! Explain yourself!

*What jounral supports your hyopsthiesis that suppressors decrease the "range" or "power" of "the shot"

*Who throws a scope/optic of any kind in the bin!? I don't and i have a broken PU scope so busted i cant change the elevation, im ont binning it like a cheap piece of piss

*Finally in answering your question, if i find a magically trash bin scope for the CZ that cannot change its magniifcation maybe the world explodes and the idea need be left alone. Or not.

Whats the thurst of what you are talking about.

>1

One thought =,

I'm sorry my idea made you unhappy. but thanks for the feedback

Also i said a scope for the hunting rifle becuase of it's limited zoom, no one said anything about a scope for the CZ.

This is a DayZ Suggestion forum.....I suggested having different level of zoomed scopes for the hunting rifle, and I wanted a yes or no from an admin, yes meaning "we are going to include you idea into the standalone" and no meaning "we are not going to include your idea in the standalone" It's simple logic.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

The state I live in allows me to walk into a sporting goods store, buy a suppressor, hunting rifle, scope, and gun kit, and then walk out and hunt with it next season.

Also, a silencer will decrease the sound but it will also change what the sound sounds like. When this gent is being shot at by your silenced M16 he might go, what scrub is shooting at me with a ______?

Helps the deception factor as well as knowing where the shots come from.

The state I live in allows me to walk into a sporting goods store, buy a suppressor, hunting rifle, scope, and gun kit, and then walk out and hunt with it next season.

Also, a silencer will decrease the sound but it will also change what the sound sounds like. When this gent is being shot at by your silenced M16 he might go, what scrub is shooting at me with a ______?

alright :) thanks for the feedback mate ;)

Sorry bout that. What "hunting rifle" are you refering to?

I'm assuming CZ550 which wouldnt really seem like benficial usage with other sights attached other than a reticle change on the scope, your not going to improve your life running around cherno with a bolt action and holo. If anything I would mount a 4x scope to a mak so it intimidated players but did nothing

I don't think you need subsonic ammo for silenced guns in real life. If i understand the science the longer barrel just contains some of the noise better. Aren't sub sonic bullets just bullets with less gunpowder?

Sorry :/ Turns out that the gun i was thinking of was in fact the CZ550 and i just thought it was plainly called the 'hunting rifle'. Sorry for the missunderstanding as it has been awhile since i had last found the CZ550 and did not know its proper name. You have my greatest apologies.

I don't think you need subsonic ammo for silenced guns in real life. If i understand the science the longer barrel just contains some of the noise better. Aren't sub sonic bullets just bullets with less gunpowder?

You are Not forced to use subsonics, but if you don't you have a Sonic Boom (as far as i know).

And i think if you use both a supressor and subsonics The gunshot is as silent as it gets.

And yes subsonic bullets are bullets with less gunpowder, so The bullets Travel slower.

Just stating the obvious: sub-sonic = bullet travels slower than sound, thus removing the "whip" sound the projectile make when breaking the "sound-barrier". This in conjunction with a suppressor eventually a silencer, which muffles the local "bang" from the gunpowder in the cartridge will make a weapon a lot less noisy.

Sub-sonic cartridges have less "punch" on longer distances, but on short distance it´s more than enough. because the "stopping-power" of a gunshot is not merely determined by bullet travel speed, but also bullet weight. A silenced 7,62x51 would be super-nice, giving accuracy, stealth and "punch" in the same weapon (DEVS: do not put this in the game, it will be too nice).

I will not speak on behalf of the US/rest of Europe, but in my country you have to specify from your local gun-shop that you want your weapon threaded for barrel-mounts (i.e. flash-suppressor, bayonette :P , silencers).

Hail ARMA: I just want to praise the makers of this game and want to mention one thing amongst many I really like..

The scope on the DMR has Mil-Dots, not my favorite, but better than nothing. The scope has a zoom-function, but since the reticle is on the second focal plane (popular in the US) the reticle does not follow the zoom, making the dot´s MOA change when you zoom. This is so deliciously realistic, I could cry!

A little bit nerdy, a little bit of topic, I just had to get it out...

• Like 1

-Didn't read through it all... Anyhow, Sub Sonic Ammo will keep the life of the Silencer. Using Sonic Rounds will not only ruin the silencer rendering it useless quite fast. (you could get maybe 300 sonic rounds through it before it became useless) Why? Because a Silencers job is to stop the expansion of heat (If I remember correctly) and when using most sonic rounds he heat is too much and tends to ruin the design (internally) of the silencer (yes a silencer isn't a simple tube) which intern makes it useless.

As said in the comments, "of course because it creates a sonic boom.. the silencer wont stop the sound waves that gather behind the super sonic bullet and create a shockwave"

So YES SUB SONIC ROUNDS ARE A MUST. You can even hear it for yourself

As for Detaching and re attaching different scopes. Any Modder (Or Modeler) would know that its no simply just putting on a new scope. You have to rework where the scope will sit, where the head will be, how high/low the dot or "reticule" will be and so many other variables for EACH AND EVERY MODEL which would intern turn your M4 CCO into having maybe 20+ if NOT MORE different models. Why? Because Silencer and CCO would be on gun, and Silencer would be another and then CCO would be another. With simple math we could figure out that There would be ~60 models just for one gun if you could have the option of 15 scopes and a Suppressor and a Laser Sight. Add in a Flashlight and you are now up to 120 models... Its not as simple as many of you think it is. ONTOP of that, I'm pretty sure the engine doesn't support it. The only way I could see it supporting it is if you have the "Optics" and such be a "spawner" to give you a new weapon... If that makes sense.

Edited by Bladez 0f Fury

Whooooa.... Let me guess. You're an american right? So many guns...