Rick the Survivor

The Day Before the Standalone

So the day night before the stand alone is released what are you going to do with your character, and what kind of crazy sh*t do you think the people on DayZ are going to be doing that night. It is going to be a very crazy last night that i plan to attend. I know im going to make the biggest zombie hoard and try to run them over, and it that works, im going to go to the cliffs between Eletro and Cherno and drive my UAZ off the edge and get the biggest airtime I can. Anyone else want to join in?

I like how everything you mentioned about being "crazy" is similar to things I have done hundreds of times. Nothing is crazy anymore in the DayZ world.

• Like 1

I like how everything you mentioned about being "crazy" is similar to things I have done hundreds of times. Nothing is crazy anymore in the DayZ world.

This.

I'll probably go chill in Elektro, sit in the office building contemplating dem' life struggles.

The only "crazy" thing that will happen is that people with high-tier gear will be a little less worried about losing their "kit".

They might even venture into town for some pvp or maybe even help out some bambis or something..

Hell, I bet there're people who haven't played in weeks/months with 100+ day old characters who will finally log in and then die to a hacker 2 minutes later. ;P

I actually haven't played Dayz for a few months now but I can't wait for the standalone! I stopped playing cause I wanted the standalone to be as new and fresh as possible. So I'll just be waiting impatiently the night before :D

• Like 3

Umm, nothing is going to happen to the MOD. It will still be around after the standalone comes out. This is why it is referred to as, wait for it... a standalone. DayZMod will remain in some form as a test bed. Rocket has said this before.

And as far as the standalone being as new and fresh as possible? It is going to be a completely different game. There are already going to be many mechanics not found in DayZ.

I finally bought this game yesterday, and now everyone is going to leave :c

Umm, nothing is going to happen to the MOD. It will still be around after the standalone comes out. This is why it is referred to as, wait for it... a standalone. DayZMod will remain in some form as a test bed. Rocket has said this before.

And as far as the standalone being as new and fresh as possible? It is going to be a completely different game. There are already going to be many mechanics not found in DayZ.

I stopped playing for both of these reasons. Not only do I want it to be fresh. I put off the mod for now for many reasons most of which have to do with not wanting to end up comparing the mod to the standalone. I may come back to the mod but for now I'm going to forget as much about it as possible. When the standalone is released I'm going to try not to compare it to the mod at all.

Edited by LunaTiK

I actually haven't played Dayz for a few months now but I can't wait for the standalone! I stopped playing cause I wanted the standalone to be as new and fresh as possible. So I'll just be waiting impatiently the night before :D

Me too, except I play sometimes. Right now, I'm scouting the forums and tumblr for any new updates. :ph34r:

Edited by Sutinen

Take the time to hunt down the red hatchback, drive it to the NWAF, and hide in the trunk. There i'll walk away for a few hours and see where somebody takes me.

I think TRP will sit around a camp fire and toast some Mountain Dew to the new world we are about to take over ;)

Take some mountain dew to Green Mountain, that's what I'm going to do! Then I might become a lee enfield bandit in Cherno, screaming

"ANY FRIENDLIES IN CHERNO? *snort*"