Sign in to follow this  
VincentMaurel

My lovely Lag spike

Hi world.

First of all, i am sorry about my quality of english. Not my native language. And my computer knowledge have his limite

Computer spec :

processor : Intel core i7-267qm

Graphics : Nvidia Geforce Gt 540m

Memory : 8gb DDR3

ALL Update done ( for what i know )

Problem :

From the day i Instaled Dayz mod 3 months ago , i had those spike lag every 2 or 3 minute that last about 5-10 second ( really ennoying ) .

from then i Did all the update i could find missing , graphic card , processor , chec for spy ware. Didint help. I defraged the game in steam, reinstaled dayz mod , reinstalled arma2 and arma 2 ohh. Didint help. I tried to change and reajust all the video setting ingame and chec if it work , but nothing. My ennoying friend was there.

I could put my video setting at the lowest or the hiest, it run dayz with no problem.. but until the spike lag come again.

but i figured the the lag is more intence when all the zombie spawn but it depend again. ( really strange )

Btw i can run Battlefield 3 normal setting with out any lag , like gta 4 and more more game asking a lot.

So that is my problem, sorry for the grammar mistakesss

Any IDIAs IS WALLCOME

well you could try closing your background applications like steam. and run it from the arma 2 oa beta patch in your arma 2 oa directory,

try something like game booster 3, its free for now. these are what I think keeps my gt 9500 which is close 5 years old sitting on a steady 50 frames with only an occasional lag spike.

your graphics card should run it fine, my mate has an all in one pc running the same set up really he sits on 90 fps with medium graphics.

• Like 1

These things might not work, but they are worth a try.

-go to task manager while running the game and force the process to use 2 cores

-set priority to highest in task manager

-run steam as an administrator

-check your virus scanner, it might be doing regular scans (quite unlikely)

-run dayz in window mode with task manager open, when the lagspikes occur check which programmes are using a lot of CPU/RAM

-monitor the temperature of your cpu, especially when the lag occurs

Arma2 is a game that uses a lot of CPU power compared to games like BF3/GTA4, it's quite possible your laptop simply isn't fast enough to run dayz at a solid framerate.

• Like 1

Hi infke

thanks for the idias . two things, go to task manager while running the game and force the process to use 2 cores , Please teach me how to do this , it look like a lovely features , and -set priority to highest in task manager , it say i cant have acces to this can you please tell me more :)

thx

These things might not work, but they are worth a try.

-go to task manager while running the game and force the process to use 2 cores

-set priority to highest in task manager

-run steam as an administrator

-check your virus scanner, it might be doing regular scans (quite unlikely)

-run dayz in window mode with task manager open, when the lagspikes occur check which programmes are using a lot of CPU/RAM

-monitor the temperature of your cpu, especially when the lag occurs

Arma2 is a game that uses a lot of CPU power compared to games like BF3/GTA4, it's quite possible your laptop simply isn't fast enough to run dayz at a solid framerate.

It dosent let me have acces to set priority to highest in task manager , and i dontk now how to make it run on my 2 cores , pleaze can you help me a littul more again :)

thx

Sorry for the late reply. You might need admin rights on your pc to change it, I'm not completely sure.

1. Open taskmanager

2. Go to processes

3. Right click arma2.exe (if it isn't the right name, just look at which processes which use the most RAM capacity and you should find the right arma2 process here)

4. Go to affinity

5. Force it to use all cores/2 cores. Do not change it if it is already set to multiple cores.

Edited by infke

allready set to all core used, :( im mad now , i think the only andswer is to wait for the standalone :(

allready set to all core used, :( im mad now , i think the only andswer is to wait for the standalone :(

Nah, dont do that.

By chance, just perhaps, Play withSIX or DayZCommander is updating serverlist every few minutes?