Sign in to follow this  
Florent (DayZ)

Debug monitor

inb4graveyard

It was never meant to stay it was there for debugging hence the name. No way it will be in SA.

would be nice with something that shows how you feel that is not colorchanges, as a colorblind it´´s to hard to see the diffrens between red and green ect. a % number or something like full colored heart changing to more and more empty.

@challe

So in real life, if you have a deep wound in your leg, how do you know how much blood you have?

Edited by Shadow Man

would be nice with something that shows how you feel that is not colorchanges, as a colorblind it´´s to hard to see the diffrens between red and green ect. a % number or something like full colored heart changing to more and more empty.

Agree on that since there are colour blind people who play DayZ of course, but the debug menu isn't such a feature and therefore won't come back. I think maybe if the symbols were a circle and if the circle reaches the borders and is full then you are at max but the circle gets smaller the more hungry/thirsty/cold/hurt you are (as in still separate indicators for each just to clarify). This way it isn't precise like a % or number but you should be able to read it unless you're blind.

@challe

So in real life, if you have a deep wound in your leg, how do you know how much blood you have?

I agree with this thats why I thought of the circle, it's not precise just an estimation

Edited by Chris529

To be honest I wouldn't mind if there was no indicator at all.

@Challe

How well can you see the colour drain from the screen as you lose blood? If you're able to see the difference between normal colourful vision fading into black and white then I'd say thats adequate.

Edited by Shadow Man

To be honest I wouldn't mind if there was no indicator at all.

@Challe

How well can you see the colour drain from the screen as you lose blood? If you're able to see the difference between normal colourful vision fading into black and white then I'd say thats adequate.

sometimes its hard to tell and if a colour blind person has trouble with green > red transition I really dont think they will be able to effectively differentiate subtle changes like that. I even have trouble sometimes. If you dont want the indicators i guess you can cut up a sticky note and block the indicators with the strips

sometimes its hard to tell and if a colour blind person has trouble with green > red transition I really dont think they will be able to effectively differentiate subtle changes like that. I even have trouble sometimes. If you dont want the indicators i guess you can cut up a sticky note and block the indicators with the strips

Are you colour blind? I'm not, but from the little I know I thought it was differentiating certain colours from each other. Not how much colour.

Yes, the colour loss is slight at first, but that makes sense. Its not critical yet. You know when you getting bad...