shnikies

Are there any active admins out there??

http://balotabuddies.com/

a couple of the DayZmod.com Mods are Admins there such as myself, Private Whitelisted UK/US and AUS servers.

Yay! Balota Buddies here to save the day yet again!

I hope the license you own for your Teamspeak is a "For-profit license" because if it's not, you could have serious issues coming your way.

In order to be able to contact everyone, they force you to be in their TS literally every minute you're on their server (I've got no problem with this, it's a good way to contact mods), but they very recently cut down from 20 channels in the Australian whitelist, to 6 channels in the Australian whitelist. Can you imagine fitting 50 players into 6 channels? You can't, because we all have small groups.

"No problem", Zabn would say, "you can pay $20 a month to have your own private channel on our Teamspeak". You literally force people without their own Teamspeaks to buy their own channels just so they can play on your server. It's a joke.

And the admins think they're above everyone, more so than normal servers.

Edited by AussieStig

Yay! Balota Buddies here to save the day yet again!

I hope the license you own for your Teamspeak is a "For-profit license" because if it's not, you could have serious issues coming your way.

In order to be able to contact everyone, they force you to be in their TS literally every minute you're on their server (I've got no problem with this, it's a good way to contact mods), but they very recently cut down from 20 channels in the Australian whitelist, to 6 channels in the Australian whitelist. Can you imagine fitting 50 players into 6 channels? You can't, because we all have small groups.

"No problem", Zabn would say, "you can pay $20 a month to have your own private channel on our Teamspeak". You literally force people without their own Teamspeaks to buy their own channels just so they can play on your server. It's a joke.

In respect to Zabn, have you seen the running cost for the TS aswell as the forums and 4 servers... a little donation wouldn't go a miss and as for the TS i think Zabn should be allowed to ask people to pay for slots on the channel i mean we can't expect him to foot the bill of OUR entertainment.

I also argue the point that we Admins think we are above anyone, no matter our rank we are all the same on the servers, no one is better than anyone else, we hold the fort while you enjoy yourself, if anything i have sacrificed a hell of alot of my own in game time to help run this site and it's UK server but i don't mind because everyone i speak to enjoys themselves.

• Like 1

[...] but they very recently cut down from 20 channels in the Australian whitelist, to 6 channels in the Australian whitelist. Can you imagine fitting 50 players into 6 channels? You can't, because we all have small groups.

We say you are free to sit in the AFK channel, where you won't have to worry about space in the AUS channel area, nor will you be bothered by other peoples voices / interuptions. You can also run third party voice programs like skype and vent when sitting in the AFK channel to talk to each other for reasons like this.

Edited by Mayuyu
  • Like 1

If you didn't realize you can create your own temporary channels under the channels... and also the reason for people to be in teamspeak at all times is so that we can contact and see what you are doing, that is why our servers are so secure and have not been hacked within a solid 2 months now. Also we do have a profit licence even though I don't actually make any money in fact I dedicate 90% of my free time to providing these servers and need a way to earn income for the servers so the servers will not go down (As you may know server hosting isn't free especially not in Australia). so fuck off.

Edited by Inception.
Unnecessary.
  • Like 1

If you didn't realize you can create your own temporary channels under the channels... and also the reason for people to be in teamspeak at all times is so that we can contact and see what you are doing, that is why our servers are so secure and have not been hacked within a solid 2 months now. Also we do have a profit licence even though I don't actually make any money in fact I dedicate 90% of my free time to providing these servers and need a way to earn income for the servers so the servers will not go down (As you may know server hosting isn't free especially not in Australia). so fuck off.

Appreciate the reply, but you ruined it at the end there, asshat.

Edited by Inception.
As is that. Two wrongs do not make a right.

We run a whitelisted private hive based in the UK, we are looking to get a few more players on the server. Even if you are just starting out I'm sure that a lot of the players would be more than willing to help you out and get started.

Our server has the hive backed up once every hour in case something major happens and we've also added a few extra vehicles including 2 extra choppers.

Discussion Thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/106838-dayz-unleashed-whitelisted-private-hive-gmt-5-60-vehicles-custom-crash-sites/

Whitelist System: http://dayz.frak.eu/whitelist/

Stats, Leaderboards and Forums: http://dayz.frak.eu/forum/

No problem!

Dude the server is amazing we really appreciate all the help. We will be playing in your teams server until the standalone. You guys are really on top of the Hacker epidemic that plagues this game.

We have about 4 more guys that will be joining in with us when we join in the future. Again thanks we have been looking for a server like this for a while.

AKA - Old Man River