Sara

Hd cars and stuff? :O

Well some of the information that has been provided here is actually quite inaccurate.

As already suggested, you are propably suffering from low detail textures as you were only using Arma 2:Free which is restricted to low resolution textures and no campaign etc.

Untrue however is, that there would be a DLC that improves other, already existing textures.

DLC's such as BAF (British Armed Forces) only provide high quality textures for its own content (Camo, L85, AS50 etc), whereas the PMC (Private Military Company) does the same. It provides the high quality textures for its own content (survivor-, hero skin, SUV etc).

The thing with the DLC's is that Bohemia Interactives provides you the content, model wise, for free so you can even play with other people who have bought the DLC's (therfore adding even more playable content such as campaigns, misssions etc) but as in the case of Arma 2:Free they are restricted to low resolution textures

If there is help required, I can assist anyone in optimizing video quality settings in order to get the most adequate visual result out of your hardware. There are quite a few tricks and workarounds of whom not everyone seems aware of. :)

Edited by PurePassion

so why not post them instead of trying to sound like you're intelligent and royally butchering it?

hmm I would considder that off-topic to be honest and it wouldn't make a difference for someone to put his post into a PM instead of posting in a thread which deals with a different topic and could potentially annoy other users. Additionally, different people have different problems and answering every possibility is much harder than just focusing on a specific problem.

But well, as a start you should disable AA and switch to e.g. SMAA or FXAA and see which Memory Allocator works best for you :)

Edited by PurePassion

I always have my grass and shadows turned off [well, grass turned down as low as possible], because I know people try and hide in the shadows and the long grass.

Muwahaha.

EDIT: I especially have shadows off to increase performance.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

I always have my grass and shadows turned off [well, grass turned down as low as possible], because I know people try and hide in the shadows and the long grass.

Muwahaha.

I think the game compensates for hiding in the grass by lowering a prone body into the map, simulating grass coverage. This is especially needed to obscure bodies over long distances when the grass can't always be rendered.

Shadows on the other hand, I keep on. Can be useful for detecting people in certain situations.

Tadaa, I got ARMA 2 from a little bit of work! Time to go find a car :thumbsup:

I think the game compensates for hiding in the grass by lowering a prone body into the map, simulating grass coverage. This is especially needed to obscure bodies over long distances when the grass can't always be rendered.

Good point, I forgot about that. Although, it does not always work.

Tadaa, I got ARMA 2 from a little bit of work! Time to go find a car :thumbsup:

Well then, that was quick.

kinda