Sign in to follow this  
ParelnA

passwords on servers

so i recently decited to try this mod out, got my arma2 CO and downloaded the mod. after some minor struggle with the game itself (steam is funny sometimes i think) i have tried to run the mod via DayZcommander but each and every server says that i put the wrong password and therefore can not join. is indeed every server PW protected or is there something else i'm missing out? also, if you'd be so kind to point me to some beginner friendly servers i'd be happy.

and if someone recommends or wants me to join a clan, i suppose it will do, but know this in advance. i am 23 years old, and i work alot during the week and even weekends so i can't be that active, maybe even as little as only few times a week.

anyway, thanks in advance for all info and i'll be seeing you other survivors there hopefully soon!

Dayz Commander has an option to filter servers that require a password. Give that a try!

I would recommend you to use a third-party program in order to boot the game like DayZCommander or SixLauncher (both can be downloaded on forums or just google them up).

I personally use DayZCommander because I find it easy to use. You can simply check the "Hide Locked" box and all password protected servers will be hidden from the list. Feel free to choose one of the servers that suits you the most and go feel some DayZ atmosphere. I hope this will help you.

ok, i tried the filter option and it still says about a wrong PW. i think this is more issue of me failing at technology then the game. i'll get to the bottom of this eventually, when i have the time (maybe tomorrow) thank you guys for the tips