allbusiness

Some Constructive Feedback on the new patch 1.71

That's not the point; the point is that having new players spawning without any kind of defensive mechanism only encourages even MORE griefing. It was already bad enough as it was having a flimsy Makarov against a guy with say a silenced M4 or a DMR blasting your ass from a tower or random area in the wood.

The Makarov was not a defensive mechanism against players, it simply was not. Its incredibly low damage coupled with atrocious accuracy meant that in order to down any non AFK player would require at least 4 magazines to be fired. Anybody who has a proper weapon and whose soul intent is to kill you is going to, and was going to, even in the last patch.

The Makarov was only a defence against zombies. An incredible defence. I would even say the best defence, easily the best weapon for killing zombies in the entire game. Far too good, and it made zombies irrelevant. That is the issue that was being addressed. And it has been addressed.

That's not the point; the point is that having new players spawning without any kind of defensive mechanism only encourages even MORE griefing. It was already bad enough as it was having a flimsy Makarov against a guy with say a silenced M4 or a DMR blasting your ass from a tower or random area in the wood.

The Makarov was not a defensive mechanism against players' date=' it simply was not. Its incredibly low damage coupled with atrocious accuracy meant that in order to down any non AFK player would require at least 4 magazines to be fired. Anybody who has a proper weapon and whose soul intent is to kill you is going to, and was going to, even in the last patch.

The Makarov was only a defence against zombies. An incredible defence. I would even say the best defence, easily the best weapon for killing zombies in the entire game. Far too good, and it made zombies irrelevant. That is the issue that was being addressed. And it has been addressed.

[/quote']

This being a complete 180 from the argument that "This game is tough! even a makarov bullet will take you down!"

This being a complete 180 from the argument that "This game is tough! even a makarov bullet will take you down!"

I'll go along with that. It takes about 20 MP5 body shots to kill a player, which is also ridiculous.

The Makarov was not a defensive mechanism against players' date=' it simply was not. Its incredibly low damage coupled with atrocious accuracy meant that in order to down any non AFK player would require at least 4 magazines to be fired. Anybody who has a proper weapon and whose soul intent is to kill you is going to, and was going to, even in the last patch.

[/quote']

If a bandit was griefing the living snot out of players in a city, it's likely he was going to draw the attention of multiple players in the area. 5+ Makarovs blasting at you, and life gets alot harder. Sure one Makarov unloading isn't gonna kill you, but if 5+ are, it's just a matter of numbers and dice at that point. I've seen plenty a bandit get overrun because the undergeared players were simply unloading magazine after magazine of Makarov rounds at him.

And the Makarov wasn't the best defense against Zombies at all. Almost every other sidearm out performed the Makarov, especially the 1911.

1. Why would he stay on the coast? I got off the coast after I died 3 times going into a town. It's a game of hard knocks, you die, you learn, you die, you learn. Yeah, we're at a disadvantage, but for a game like this that is emphasized for survival, you are meant to be at a disadvantage. You say they see you from a mile away but I say it's rubbish cause given enough time, you can slink your way past zeds by going prone and being careful. I've done it(i'm not even that great of a gamer and i started recetly), my friend who started playing today did it, just be aware of your surroundings, why is it disliked for a developer to ask a gamer to think nowadays?

2. Like i said, that's a bug, i Didn't know that. But NVG isn't given to everyone and I havn't played at night, is it still the dark abyss that it is? Even so their threat is lowered.

3. Honestly, if someone outgeared you and wanted to kill you, the makarov wasn't gonna do jack sh*t to protect you aside from causing them to bleed or a lucky shot. The point is there is pvp in the game, someone is gonna kill you, and as far as i know, you spawn all around the coast. is there really going to be a server wide coastal spawn camp? I mean really? Is there really going to be someone in all spawn points killing every person that respawns? god, it feels like you guys are just blowing this out of the water.

I an experience to share.

Snuck in to Polana just fine, since that super market is very accessible, tough I got spotted by a zombie hiding in one of those small sheds/garages.

So I legged for the supermarket, entered through the back door and closed it and put my back to the wall well away from it. First zombie just phases through the door, dropped him. second zombie stays clipped in the door and is somehow able to reach me with his attacks.

There was nothing worth of note in the market so I thought I go back the way I came to leave the town and by that time the zombie in the garage has respawned and spots me again.

This didn't take long and I'm pretty sure that garage is not further than 30 meters away.

1. Why would he stay on the coast? I got off the coast after I died 3 times going into a town. It's a game of hard knocks' date=' you die, you learn, you die, you learn. Yeah, we're at a disadvantage, but for a game like this that is emphasized for survival, you are meant to be at a disadvantage. You say they see you from a mile away but I say it's rubbish cause given enough time, you can slink your way past zeds by going prone and being careful. I've done it(i'm not even that great of a gamer and i started recetly), my friend who started playing today did it, just be aware of your surroundings, why is it disliked for a developer to ask a gamer to think nowadays?

2. Like i said, that's a bug, i Didn't know that. But NVG isn't given to everyone and I havn't played at night, is it still the dark abyss that it is? Even so their threat is lowered.

3. Honestly, if someone outgeared you and wanted to kill you, the makarov wasn't gonna do jack sh*t to protect you aside from causing them to bleed or a lucky shot. The point is there is pvp in the game, someone is gonna kill you, and as far as i know, you spawn all around the coast. is there really going to be a server wide coastal spawn camp? I mean really? Is there really going to be someone in all spawn points killing every person that respawns? god, it feels like you guys are just blowing this out of the water.

[/quote']

1. How else do you get supplies to move up North? You do need food and water you know that right? Also, medical supplies are pretty much 100% necessary with new zombie damage.

2. It's not a bug. It's that the new zombies aren't working as intended, by evidenced to the fact that they have eagle eys during the day but can't see their shoe laces at night.

3. 5x newcomers with Makarovs vs 1 guy with an Assault Rifle. The guys with the Makarovs are at a disadvantage, but they sure as hell can get lucky. At least there was an element of risk as a bandit before, even if it was a small one. Now there's 0 risk. At all. And you must not play this game at all if you don't think severwide organized coastal camps from friend groups/clan members do not occur regularly. They happen all the time. Like literally....... all...... the...... time. On high population servers, both major coastal cities are basically death traps.

If a bandit was griefing the living snot out of players in a city' date=' it's likely he was going to draw the attention of multiple players in the area. 5+ Makarovs blasting at you, and life gets alot harder. Sure one Makarov unloading isn't gonna kill you, but if 5+ are, it's just a matter of numbers and dice at that point. I've seen plenty a bandit get overrun because the undergeared players were simply unloading magazine after magazine of Makarov rounds at him.

And the Makarov wasn't the best defense against Zombies at all. Almost every other sidearm out performed the Makarov, especially the 1911.

[/quote']

Ok sure. On these imaginary servers where all the freshly spawned players rally together, travelling from as far as Kamenka and Berezhino, in order to unite against a single bandit, then yes, I suppose then the Makarov would have been useful. On real servers however, no, the Makarov will never be solely responsible for the death of a player. Ever.

Also the 1911 is too loud, takes the same number of shots to kill (since you only ever shoot a zombie in the head) and the ammo is too rare. The 1911 is a player killer.

1. One word, barn. Easy weapon sometimes(except lee enfield, then you are SoL), sometimes food, sometimes soda, not impossible to get into without being seen. Seriously when i respawn, I forget everything and just head to the closest barn. How did i learn this? from experience and dieing. You act as if death is end all, be all. But I feel it to be more like a learning experience. Especially your first few.

2.Then it's not a bug and woop de doo, not working as intended. it's gonna be fixed.

3. Then don't play on those servers? play on low pop servers? it's not like you are gridlocked into only one server. Also pretty sure the guy with the assault rifle vs the 5x makarovs would also have the advantage of position making it almost as pointless to attack him as it is now. so I really see don't see a difference between then and now aside from then, you could get lucky. But like I said, you're not gridlocked to a server, don't like the people in it? play in another one. You guys act as if camping will happen ALL the time, and i'm saying it won't cause it's just not feasible, and added with the new super zeds, regaining all that ammo spent camping some defenseless kids isn't exactly an easy task once night is fixed(which i guess will be soon)

As you have said, zombie detection is pretty retarded at the moment but I think that is unintended and will be tweaked in a hotfix along with how fast they respawn.

Everything else is fucking amazing though, especially spawning with shit all on the beach. Makes for a much more tense, exciting experience and really motivates people to team up.

1.7.1 is by far my most favourite iteration of DayZ so far

On high population servers' date=' both major coastal cities are basically death traps.

[/quote']

Is this not what you expect? Seriously?

Basically asking to be killed.

Smarten your own game up, don't ask the devs to hold your hand.

There are hundreds of places to get good starting gear without the need to go raid Cherno/Elektro.

I don't know how I feel about spawning with NO weapon. Can't the survivors use their fists as a last resort, or something? It's unrealistic that my guy can't try to throw a zed off of him.

...What if the flashlight could be used as a club with a chance to bust it?

I don't know how I feel about spawning with NO weapon. Can't the survivors use their fists as a last resort' date=' or something? It's unrealistic that my guy can't try to throw a zed off of him.

...What if the flashlight could be used as a club with a chance to bust it?

[/quote']

ARMA2 it has already Internally but It is very difficult to use.

when you use that, your feet will stop every time.

perhaps does not change even on DayZ(with new animes). this is a strong restriction in the engine.

even if you got a katana, you can't fighting like Ninja!

It's unrealistic to believe that you would really be walking around in the Zombie Apocalypse with no way to defend yourself.

in Russia, firearms are banned.

you wouldn't find NVG's either.

it is "unrealistic" only if you are stocked up for Ragnarok. if you have a bulletproof vest, few rifles, and a barrel of oil - good for you.

but most people relay on chances and have no such things.

so, starting off with only a flashlight is actually very "realistic"

Ok sure. On these imaginary servers where all the freshly spawned players rally together' date=' travelling from as far as Kamenka and Berezhino, in order to unite against a single bandit, then yes, I suppose then the Makarov would have been useful. On real servers however, no, the Makarov will never be solely responsible for the death of a player. Ever.

Also the 1911 is too loud, takes the same number of shots to kill (since you only ever shoot a zombie in the head) and the ammo is too rare. The 1911 is a player killer.

[/quote']

One shot with a makarov to the head kills. Get a clue and stop playing make believe when you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I do not like the idea of no weapon on start! It was still hard enough to start on the beach sourrunded by bandits which are shooting and killing survivors just for fun.

The Makarov was the only chance to defend yourself even this was hardly possible against stronger weapons and impossible against snipers.

I claim that there will be more and more bandits camping near to the beach and shooting on starting survivors like chickens just for fun.

Maybe it would be more fair and challenging to reduce the starter inventory by the half (less ammo clips, food, bandages etc) and bring the banditskins back!

My player experience since the removal of the banditskins: Everyone is shooting each other on sight and the level or attempt of social interaction is zero!

Edit: After playing with the new patch I will do a downgrade to 1.7.0!

1) Spawning with no weapons would have been a great idea...... against the old Zombies. The current Zombies are already hard enough to deal with decked out in military gear along with a band of friends with medical supplies to ensure you don't die' date=' let alone some new kid on the block that's barely played the game and will get flat out murdered over and over again. Sure you can say run, utilize the ability to lose Zombies now, etc. but anyone who's actually played will straight up tell you that's literally impossible every single time. At some point you will get discovered, and you will get cornered. You should have SOME way to defend yourself, whether it's melee or anything. It's unrealistic to believe that you would really be walking around in the Zombie Apocalypse with no way to defend yourself. Until the implentation of some sort of a melee system, the Makarov is going to have to suffice right now, especially if everyone wants to keep the current Zombies.

a) Just a side point, but bandits now have complete free reign of towns, beaches, etc. to the point it's stupid. At least you had to be somewhat wary and somewhat stealthy as a bandit before. Now you can literally roam the beaches of the Southern Coast, unload freely on people that are completely defenseless. Bandits that are particularly geared from head to toe with plenty of ammunition will have not trouble camping the Southern Cities and just simply massacring everyone that tries to get through.

2) Spawn rates are way too high. I know this is a bug and it will be hotfixed, but it's pretty ridiculous right now, particularly around high population areas like deer stands.

3) Current Zombies have pretty ridiculous sight range. By ridiculous sight range, I mean.... like.... literally ridiculous sight range. Almost borderline unrealistic. By that, I mean a normal human being wouldn't be able to tell if that's a real fucking human being from that distance, and yet the Zombie can tell exactly what you are from ridiculous distances, and simply zones in on you and sprints at Usanin Bolt speeds. I like the LOS, but if you're going to utilize Usanin Bolt speeds on zombies, you're going to have to tone down their LOS range. Yes, towns should be hard to loot in, but it's slightly too ridiculous when a group of zombies can see you a miles a way off, while you also being completely defenseless if you are new/just died recently.

TBH, even with Makarov's from the start, I'm pretty sure people would be dying left and right with the new Zombies. It's abit overkill to implement both the new "improved" Zombies along with taking away a player's only early game defense.

[/quote']

lol, patch hasnt even been out for 24hrs and scrubs are already crying for their Makarovs!

If a bandit was griefing the living snot out of players in a city' date=' it's likely he was going to draw the attention of multiple players in the area. 5+ Makarovs blasting at you, and life gets alot harder. Sure one Makarov unloading isn't gonna kill you, but if 5+ are, it's just a matter of numbers and dice at that point. I've seen plenty a bandit get overrun because the undergeared players were simply unloading magazine after magazine of Makarov rounds at him.

[/quote']

That never, ever happened. Bandit with a military grade gun drops every makarov newbie instantly, especially if it's a silenced gun. (I actually died at 9k blood from two (silenced?) bullets recently, maybe the guy was a hacker but I rather think he just hit me good. The other makarov wielders, uncoordinated, would never have been able to launch a concerted effort against one person in a tower or on a cliff.

Couldn't hit him with my winchester at that range, and I didn't hear him firing. Yes, I've killed at this distance with the winny before (and even saw my bullets impact near or on him, but not with enough power I guess)

screw needing to change tactics and all that stuff people are talking about. the zombies are crazy strong now. I am all about them doing more damage per hit or something. but seriously? every first hit they get on you either makes you bleed, causes pain, or breaks a leg. by the third zombie encounter you are dead. heres an example of what i've witnessed so far.

start full life. aggro'ing one zombie will take you down to 9000 life. you patch up and immediately aggro another zombie. which takes you down to 7000 life. you patch up again. next zombie aggro he immediately knocks you out with the first hit and you are dead.

this is how it has been for me in the new patch. happy times.

the main annoying part is the fact that their first hit every time does something to you that requires immediate attention (bandage, pain, or morphine)

a) Just a side point, but bandits now have complete free reign of towns, beaches, etc. [...] Now you can literally roam the beaches of the Southern Coast, unload freely on people that are completely defenseless. Bandits that are particularly geared from head to toe with plenty of ammunition will have not trouble camping the Southern Cities [...]

Bandits roaming freely at the beach unloading freely on defenseless?

Isn't that a paradox in itself?

Bandits roam the coast stumbling over Bandits and killing each other.

I just see a win-win situation then.

The REAL bandits head inlands and rob people at point blank range without firing a shot, and if - just to get the message across without killing.

The rest are just looters without style, or if they do the respawn-camping, unworthy players of this mod, who most likely stop playing because of not fully grasping the possibilities of this fabulous mod.

Title of thread says constructive feedback but you are talking about zombies spotting you from miles away... That is not constructive, just plain BS.

Title of thread says constructive feedback but you are talking about zombies spotting you from miles away... That is not constructive' date=' just plain BS.

[/quote']

It's not BS, the current Zombies/Infected can see you in the open field coming from way off, and yet are completely blind as shit at night. Not to mention that they somehow are really good at pinpointing your sound from a distance off in the middle of the city, even with silenced weaponry despite the fact that buildings should cause multiple echos that would distort the sound from a distance. It's completely unrealistic.

On high population servers' date=' both major coastal cities are basically death traps.

[/quote']

Is this not what you expect? Seriously?

Basically asking to be killed.

Smarten your own game up, don't ask the devs to hold your hand.

There are hundreds of places to get good starting gear without the need to go raid Cherno/Elektro.

Where said hundred of places are? The only places you can go now are barns, except very few barns around the Southern Coast have good cover to block LOS of Zombies, not to mention that during the day time they will see you coming from a mile away. People keep acting like I need help or something to get gear; I don't. The issue is that even WITH tons of military grade gear, I already have trouble with the current Zombies which have super hearing, super seeing, and ridiculous speed and strength. I'm all for that; except I know for a fact that there's no way a new player is getting out alive out of the Southern Coast with enough supplies to move up without dying. At that point you pretty much die over and over again.

[/quote']

Ok sure. On these imaginary servers where all the freshly spawned players rally together, travelling from as far as Kamenka and Berezhino, in order to unite against a single bandit, then yes, I suppose then the Makarov would have been useful. On real servers however, no, the Makarov will never be solely responsible for the death of a player. Ever.

1) 1911 ammo isn't rare at all; you're already proving that you know jack diddly squat.

2) 1911 also only takes one shot to the body, Zombie/Infected down. When you're in a desperate situation fighting off multiple Zombies in a field, sometimes you don't have time to take time and pick off Zombies, especially considering it's real easy to aggro an entire train of Zombies right now.

3) It's not about newbies banding together; it's the fact that there's a possibility that a bandit can easily be overrun if he revealed his position, as everyone's gonna be screaming in global/side chat where he is. Before, at least there's a possibility of sneaking up on him, or maybe just everyone decides to go there and try to kill him. Now, no chance. At all.

That never' date=' ever happened. Bandit with a military grade gun drops every makarov newbie instantly, especially if it's a silenced gun. (I actually died at 9k blood from two (silenced?) bullets recently, maybe the guy was a hacker but I rather think he just hit me good. The other makarov wielders, uncoordinated, would never have been able to launch a concerted effort against one person in a tower or on a cliff.

Couldn't hit him with my winchester at that range, and I didn't hear him firing. Yes, I've killed at this distance with the winny before (and even saw my bullets impact near or on him, but not with enough power I guess)

[/quote']

No that never happened to YOU. Thank god we don't have to rely on shitty players like you to keep bandits off the coast.

My buddy and I were in Cherno as new spawns and there was a sniper on one of the towers. My buddy took a few pot shots and acted as bait, taking cover while I wheeled around, went up the tower and domed the guy. With a makarov.

You think the sniper was there to loot starting equipment off of newbies? Get fucking real.

1. Need to change the LOS it is too high like many people have said. I think it should be either toned down a little or we should get a makarov with only ONE clip. This means, that although it will be getting easier again, it will still make us slow ourselves down and think one step ahead.

2. what's the point in the double barrel shotgun? I know that it adds more weapons, but it is pretty useless even compared to the Lee enfield. Yes the Lee enfield is loud, but, we can hide from seds now so, we don't really have to worry that much.

3. Players should get their beans back. I know this is going for realism and in real life, people will put food in their backpack, along with some kind of bottle for water.

4. Spawn rates too high. I know this is getting fixed so I won't say much other than that.

Here is some ideas that I have thought of:

1. Add the ability to put infected blood over your character so you can travel through infected zones. A downside of this could be that, you can still aggro zombies if you crouch run up close and you can also not eat food, otherwise you WILL get sick. To remove this effect, they will have to go to a water source to clean the contents off.

2. Add flasks, were people can fill it up with water and put it near a fire to warm the water up. Once the player drinks it, they can return the fluids they have lost and also make them warmer. The spawn rate would have to be low, for example 4% or something

3. Allow the ability to drop raw meat on the ground to lure zombies within a certain radius. This would be especially good for up north, so that if someone does aggro 20 zeds, they can have the option to escape. A downside is that it only hold the zeds attention for 15 seconds. So the player will still have to move quickly.

[/quote']

my idea start new players with the new doubel barrel shot gun and 4 reloads for it 2 shot and 2 slug, keeps the bandits away a shot slug will ruin anyones day and is less effective at pve as it is louder than the mak and can only drop 4 sombies before your out(more ammo would be nicer but 4 shells atleast keeps bandits from killing with impunity)