Sign in to follow this  
A.Williams

Is there going to be an Xbox version of the standalone?

Current Xbox 360 couldn't handle it unless

-Smaller Map

-Less Players

-Lower Quality Textures

-Better Optimization

But the Xbox "720" might be able to, as the Stand alone is supposed to be better optimized. But there would have to be some adjustments still like Lower Quality Textures.

It will be on the consoles IF the PC version is real successful with the SA.

Current Xbox 360 couldn't handle it unless

-Smaller Map

-Less Players

-Lower Quality Textures

-Better Optimization

But the Xbox "720" might be able to, as the Stand alone is supposed to be better optimized. But there would have to be some adjustments still like Lower Quality Textures.

I'm not sure about that. I think the 360 could handle it, it's just a matter of how many players could it handle at one time. There are some massive games on the Xbox. Skyrim, Fallout, etc. Though only single players.

I'm not sure about that. I think the 360 could handle it, it's just a matter of how many players could it handle at one time. There are some massive games on the Xbox. Skyrim, Fallout, etc. Though only single players.

Yes, but last time I checked DayZ doesn't have any loading screens.

The latest thing Rocket said on the idea was that all development and the final release will be purely for the PC. If sales are good then they would be stupid not to consider releasing it on console. But I repeat, the target audience for now, and all development will be aimed at PC users.

Yes, but last time I checked DayZ doesn't have any loading screens.

Well, this is true but in the same breath the previously mentioned games have a large area of unloadable gameplay too. Only when you enter towns does the games load. Also, if you store items in a random box those items will stay there no matter what, etc. Not to mention the graphics and complexity of the games are far superior to Arma 2...

xbox720 will be definitely be able to run the Standalone no worries, the map will be about the size of balota and up to 4 players will be able to enjoy multiplayer thrills and spills, what is truly exciting for me however is the news that textures will run at a whopping 240 pixels and 3 zeds will be able to spawn at once, but only at the expense of reduced trees and foliage, well at the expense of all trees and foliage.

The xbox1440 scheduled for release in 2026 will be able to run all the above to 480 pixels and with a map the size of balota and kamenka (yes both) with 6 zeds and 12 trees.

EDIT - you will need to invest in a liquid nitrogen cooling system though unfortunately.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 4

xbox720 will be definitely be able to run the Standalone no worries, the map will be about the size of balota and up to 4 players will be able to enjoy multiplayer thrills and spills, what is truly exciting for me however is the news that textures will run at a whopping 240 pixels and 3 zeds will be able to spawn at once, but only at the expense of reduced trees and foliage, well at the expense of all trees and foliage.

The xbox1440 scheduled for release in 2026 will be able to run all the above to 480 pixels and with a map the size of balota and kamenka (yes both) with 6 zeds and 12 trees.

We get it, you're a PC Fanboy.

• Like 1

We get it, you're a PC Fanboy.

I am a 'gaming in general on any platform Atari2600/ZXSpeccy to PS3/Xbox and everything in between' fanboy but I'm also a 'behemoth pushing the envelope gaming PC beast' groupie, i just get that consoles are basically based on 2-3 year old, upper mid range gaming pc's, and that is at launch.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 2

The great thing about consoles in my opinion is everyone is using the same hardware. There are no advantages (other than if you have a shitty DSL connection or something compared to someone with a better one). Also there is limited control changes, which I think also brings it down to a equal playing field and puts more reliance on the players skill rather than their equipment.

I am not a PC fan at all for gaming, but I understand that some games Consoles just haven't delved into some markets. Such as MMOs, whether they are capable or not they haven't really tried.

Then you have your PC fans who think m&kb are so much better than a controller... And use cross-platform experiments (I don't know too much about that and how it was done) but to be honest if your PC is better than the Console game then you are probably running a better frame rate, better latency, and have your controls set up to do 360 degree turns at 500mph... So I don't think it was ever a apples to apples comparison. Have a console and PC at the same specs and I have no doubt I could outperform a kb&m player via a controller.

• Like 1

EDIT -

The great thing about consoles in my opinion is everyone is using the same hardware. There are no advantages (other than if you have a shitty DSL connection or something compared to someone with a better one). Also there is limited control changes, which I think also brings it down to a equal playing field and puts more reliance on the players skill rather than their equipment.

I am not a PC fan at all for gaming, but I understand that some games Consoles just haven't delved into some markets. Such as MMOs, whether they are capable or not they haven't really tried.

Then you have your PC fans who think m&kb are so much better than a controller... And use cross-platform experiments (I don't know too much about that and how it was done) but to be honest if your PC is better than the Console game then you are probably running a better frame rate, better latency, and have your controls set up to do 360 degree turns at 500mph... So I don't think it was ever a apples to apples comparison. Have a console and PC at the same specs and I have no doubt I could outperform a kb&m player via a controller.

you're preaching to the converted buddy, consoles are fkn awesome, i was playing my megadrive today, jt still makes me grin like a kid. i just like gaming pc's because what you basically get is a glimpse at the future of console games 5 - 6 years in advance. Plus it's where all the innovators are trying new tricks with hardware and software, the pc is the nursery of the next gen consoles =)

EDIT - I mean have you seen the face of a non pc gamer, an xbox 360 owner for example when he sees the demo for Arma3 played at max settings for the very first time? it's like watching someone have a religious experience.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 2

Next Xbox and Playstation 4 - possible.

X360 and PS3 - never.

When DayZ will be in an advanced stage of development (2014+) Bohemia may port it to consoles, but then X360 and PS3 will be the previous generation of consoles. :P

Edited by Kazioo

you're preaching to the converted buddy, consoles are fkn awesome, i was playing my megadrive today, jt still makes me grin like a kid. i just like gaming pc's because what you basically get is a glimpse at the future of console games 5 - 6 years in advance. Plus it's where all the innovators are trying new tricks with hardware and software, the pc is the nursery of the next gen consoles =)

I mean have you seen the face of a non pc gamer, an xbox 360 owner for example when he sees the demo for Arma3 played at max settings for the very first time? it's like watching someone have a religious experience.

Maybe it's because I've never had a top-of-the-line PC Gaming Rig, but I think for the most part Console games and PC games are generally on par with one another graphically. Graphics, I don't think is the major issue. The ability to process all the new features is what is the major issue.

• Like 1

Next Xbox and Playstation 4 - possible.

X360 and PS3 - never.

When DayZ will be in an advanced stage of development (2014+) Bohemia may port it to consoles, but then X360 and PS3 will be the previous generation of consoles. :P

Day Z SA is going to be pretty identical to Arma 2. Pretty sure the Xbox 360 can run Arma 2.

Cant see why not, but i wouldnt expect it anytime soon.

Probably get it about the same time that PC users get Red Dead Redemption.

Wither console players know it or not, but PC has much more capability then the Xbox/PS.

Many games for the PC that are on Xbox and PS are not using the best use of the PC because they need to keep the PC not to over shadow the console version when it comes to Graphics and memory usage.

We saw this with the Witcher 2 port from PC to console.

Also the whole question why in ME3- why you can't holster a gun when you want has to do with memory space on the consoles.

As for xbox360 being able to run Arma2/3 or DayZ in the mod form,..is unknown but they might have to make sacrifices in some area to get it to Console.

With this saying, as we saw with Minecraft's console port,..don't expect it to have everything that the PC version has.

If and when we would see a xbox360 version,...you looking over 12 months from now since all the Alpha/beta testing is on the PC alone.

Till the DayZ SA is finished, you won't see anything for the consoles.

I would love to see DayZ on console. I agree completely that consoles create a level playing field. None of this team speak, we all have the same machine and all run the same graphics settings. Part of the reason I'm rubbish at DayZ is because my pc totally old.

Consoles are inferior, but they try hard to hide it. If you compare the map editor of Far Cry 2 between console and pc, the pc lets you place infinite(I think) exploding barrels. The 360 lets you place about 20 or something. Vehicles are the same.

If I win the lottery I would make a console that was on a par with modern pc's.

• Like 1

If I win the lottery I would make a console that was on a par with modern pc's.

Impossible. PC Components are always changing, consoles are designed to stay the same through their life span. Only way you'd ever beat out a console is if you designed some GPUs and CPUs yourself that outperforms anything on the market now and well into the future, and make those components exclusive to your machine.

• Like 1

Top end gaming PC today is like Usain Bolt as he is now with 6 hungry lions chasing him

Current generation of consoles are like Usain Bolt aged 45 with the early onset of arthritis and a drink problem

Next gen consoles will be like Usain Bolt as he is now with 1 hungry wombat chasing him

Top end Gaming PC's at the time of the next gen console launch date will be like Usain Bolt strapped to an intercontinental ballistic missile etc etc etc

• Like 1

Impossible. PC Components are always changing, consoles are designed to stay the same through their life span. Only way you'd ever beat out a console is if you designed some GPUs and CPUs yourself that outperforms anything on the market now and well into the future, and make those components exclusive to your machine.

So to make a console that was up to modern pc specs it would contain tech that makes it cost a grand to buy. Hmmm I see.