WilkyWilks

UnOfficial I Love 1.7.1 Patch Thread!

List your reasons for loving this patch! Haters likely to hate in this thread.

-I fear zombies again!

-Forcing beta patch for performance improvements across the board.

-Everything.

It would be great if I could get in. Downloaded the patch but received bad patch error messages when trying to jump on a server.

Seems to make the new players smarter. Went through elektro and cherno and didn't see single guy on a server with 40 members on.

Patch looked good on paper, but shit sucks now. zeds are wayyy op and the parts of the patch that were supposed to help survive those op zeds dont even work....LOS is BS and zeds can still attack through walls and can see you through walls and when your on the 2nd floor. pretty much harder zeds with the same shit as last patch without a gun....

more gore, despair, and helplessness

what's not to love?

Never in a video game have i actually been afraid to play. Found a deer stand and after learning about the odd spawn rate of zombies near deer stands (there were at least 9 around the deer stand) I spent 15 min crawling towards it to not agro any zombies. I have never had my heart beat so fast and the adrenaline rush was amazing. Picked up a G17 with three mags for my troubles. (Also not 1 min after leaving the deer stand and going prone, a tractor drove right by me, scared the crap out of me, although now it seems that I will need to be more trusting of others, due to the scary as hell zombies)

On a side note, I am now infinitely more terrified by the hoppers now. Seriously, WTF, TERRIFYING.

(edit: I am however having a problem with zeds phasing through walls to attack me, almost got killed due to it, anyone else have this problem?)

Win. Absolute win. SO much about this game made me want to play it - but the biggest draw to the game was the 'survival' aspect of it.

After a while it became ignore zombies, just don't get shot.

Not long after that - it was just chill out and make sure I have food and water.

Seriously .... bring on hyper zombies.

+1 to rocket and the dev team. This is really feeling like the zombie apocalypse.

I like the new zeds.

I like the forced gamma as light sources or NVG are pretty much required at night.

I love all the new sounds and animations.

I havent been to the beach yet, but I'm sure I'll just love that too.

i love the game again. it's fucking intense. Where you would go "shit shit shit" when you saw a zed pre patch, you'll go "Oh fucking mother of holy shitballs crap fuck run for your fucking lives" now when you see a zed. Exactly how it should be imho. died when entering first contact with zeds, they see you even when prone, now i'm on the beach with no weapons and i'm loving it lol. I HAVE to go in the towns to get ammo or something but I don't wanna because I know they'll see me.

on a side note, entering buildings will stop them from following you. So that's a good trick.

Entering a building will not stop them I had one phase through a door and another attacking me through the door, even though I was not even near it.

I think its good, its brutal to die now.

no start weapon... brilliant. and its sort of a trial by fire for new players, you will know very quickly whether you will like the game when being put through your paces this way :P

it breaks ANY illusion of being a regular DM game. I hear they are still going through walls and spawning infinitely again which sucks. but im sure thatll be hotfixed out.

im fortunate enough to have a silenced m4 so im alright for now!

Patch looked good on paper' date=' but shit sucks now. zeds are wayyy op and the parts of the patch that were supposed to help survive those op zeds dont even work....LOS is BS and zeds can still attack through walls and can see you through walls and when your on the 2nd floor. pretty much harder zeds with the same shit as last patch without a gun....

[/quote']

you are one fuking idiot, are you ?

why you posting this in "I LOVE 1.7.1" thread when there is mulitple "I hate 1.7.1" threads out there ?

That feeling of shitting your self is back with a vengeance. zeds are dangerous again and not just an inconvenience. Ah yes DayZ is back :)

-No more global/side chat

-Darker nights

-Creepy new sounds

-The infected can see!

-No starting weapon

-AK ammo spawns now

I actually want to die and lose my nvg/m249/m4a3/m1911/frag just so I can run around the beaches and help others. I tried before but got a 9mm in the face 70% of the time.

-zombies are dangerous

-looting is dangerous

-no side chat

-no more gamma/brightness exploit

-no gun at start

-encourages teamwork

-in general everything is harder

I've been skimming through the forums and seeing people complain about the zed's aggro being too high and blah-de-blah and it makes me smile at their pain.

The adrenaline rush I used to get from seeing players 200m away from my CZ550, I now get from seeing zombies 50m away from my empty hands. A masterpiece, a work of art from our dearest Rocket. Not sure if I'll be saying that when I've died another 20 times, but we'll see.

If you see my post time and compare it to all the other rage posts, you will see none of those where on the forums yet....do a little research.....fucking idiot.

I love the new patch, now is it perfect? no, granted LOS is actually works till the zed enters the building in which case will either know your there or wont. I haven't died since the new patch and don't plan to for a while, but I most likely will enjoy finding my first gun.

Loving it and all the tears the care bear cry face noobs are shedding.

This. (:

Briefly and I mean briefly looked through the forum and there is a shower of delicious tears... I'm so happy. :)

To the complainers... learn to sneak monkeys. No more team death match :)

I like the new changes, but some things that are clearly bugged needs to be fixed. LOS not always working. Zombies hitting through walls (and even through floors now with longer attackrange). Zombies teleporting into buildings. Endless spawns.

Me and 2 guys just mowed down about 150-200 zombies by the sw barracks at nwaf. Was still a atleast 100 around us when I died, another guy died shortly after, guessing the third guy died aswell, not sure, he went quiet over voice coms.

Its great. I attracted a small group of infected, but hid in the shop and they couldnt find me. The new hopper animation is insane. Not had a new spawn yet, so don't know how having no makarov feels, but I think it will be great. hopefully have a bit more naturally occuring teamwork if zombies are gona be tougher / weapons scarcer. Imagine wanting to team up with somebody in cherno because you both know it is too risky to fly solo!