U.B.C.S. Ravin

Clips of Ammo Disappearing.

Date/Time: 6/17/2012. 12:30am MST.

What happened: Clips of Ammo disappeared after relogging.

Where you were: Near Stary to the west in a field.

What you were doing: Shooting Zombies with a MP5SD. Lost connection suddenly on a UK Server. "Session Lost." Only shot off a few rounds. Noticed my ammo clips went from 4 to 3. Puzzled I went to fire a few more shots while on another server. Only shot off five or six rounds. Then logged out and relogged. Second clip of MP5SD Ammo was eaten.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1. Z-Day Latest Arm2 Beta Build.

*Server(s) you were on: Several. UK and US114.

*Your system specs: AMD Quad Core. Nvidea 6770. 16GB. Windows 64bit.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Installed 1.7.1. After I simply shot at some guys at the airfield with a friend because we have plenty of MP5SD Clips on our normal server that hasn't updated yet.

Date/Time: 6/17/2012. 12:30am MST.

What happened: Clips of Ammo disappeared after relogging.

Where you were: Near Stary to the west in a field.

What you were doing: Shooting Zombies with a MP5SD. Lost connection suddenly on a UK Server. "Session Lost." Only shot off a few rounds. Noticed my ammo clips went from 4 to 3. Puzzled I went to fire a few more shots while on another server. Only shot off five or six rounds. Then logged out and relogged. Second clip of MP5SD Ammo was eaten.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1. Z-Day Latest Arm2 Beta Build.

*Server(s) you were on: Several. UK and US114.

*Your system specs: AMD Quad Core. Nvidea 6770. 16GB. Windows 64bit.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Installed 1.7.1. After I simply shot at some guys at the airfield with a friend because we have plenty of MP5SD Clips on our normal server that hasn't updated yet.

This is happening to me now.

Date/Time: 20/21st June 2012, Various times

What happened: Fired a few rounds of my m14 and the DMR ammo went from 4 to 3. Later, I fired 6 of my 10 m107 rounds, logged in, last 4 were gone. Strangely, my PDW ammo remained intact even with just 1 bullet left in the mag. This may only be affecting my primary, in that case.

Where you were: Same place, in and around Stary/Navy

What you were doing: Firing at zombies/people

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 (no trouble with this in earlier versions)

*Server(s) you were on: UK 7, UK87 EU 4 and EU 39

*Your system specs: AMD x4 955 Phenom Black, ATI 4890, 8gb Ram, Windows 7 64

*Timeline of events before/after error: No issue before 1.7.1.4, now I never fail to get this issue with slightly used primary mags.

Apparently it's some kind of protection introduced in recent patch to prevent the ammo restoration exploit.

This solution is obviously not ideal, but it works.

I read the changelog, must have just missed it. Strange that it isn't affecting the PDW at all.

I am a bit confused on this. So how this is working is if you fire one round out of a magazine then disconnect for the night or to change servers then that magazine poofs? Or is it only if a given magazine is affected by switching skins? I switch to civies when I go into a city since the bush skin stands out more, I have actually logged in and lost 4 magazines in one go to this. Trying to work out how to avoid logging on with out bullets.

Looks like it only saves full clips. I've lost AK clips that lacked one bullet.

I have lost 7 M9 SD mags due to this(mags had between 5 and 14 rounds in them). Not all servers seem to do it, though.

------

This is a bad, gamey, and unrealistic feature that is very disadvantageous to players. Granted, the ammo regeneration bug is also unrealistic and gamey but doesn't make half the guns in the game impractical to use and is not disadvantageous to a player.

From the perspective of a player, the only way to counter this is to use up an entire magazine all the way to the end and horde all the ammo you can get your hands on.

The side effect of this is to discourage people from discharging their weapons, as if the fact that sound carries for miles drawing the attention of zombies and players wasn't enough.

This effectively renders many guns unusable for anything more than a day or two, because if the ammunition isn't common you are going to run out of it before you find any more.

The M4 Camo SD for example, aside from itself being frustratingly rare, its ammo, the STANAG SD Mag, is also so hard to find that in the last two days of hanging around the NW airfield and actively looking for them I have only found one. STANAG Mags themselves aren't that common either.

Also, the way that the Arma 2 engine works reloads is it puts the most full mag as the next mag to be reloaded, so basically you can't perform a tactical reload because every time you reload you may as well drop the old mag on the ground because it will just take up inventory space until you log back in again.

Ammunition is too rare and inventory space too precious for this "feature".

Keep track of how full the mags are and give player's the ability to select which mag to use next! Do that and then both the bug and this "feature" will be solved without basically BREAKING half the guns in the game! Alternatively, you could make ammo so common that people are constantly tripping over the stuff, (I am not recommending that, I am just mentioning it for arguments sake as I think it would break the feel of the game).

Reload your clip to a full magazine before you log off, this will save your clip

And ammunition is supposed to be scarce, yet currently with the refill glitch everyone has hoards of it.

This ate three magazines of STANAG from me in one go earlier today. Pretty disappointed in this change.

Noticed this also... Definitely not a good fix when you lose an entire magazine of ammo, minus one bullet. It's hard enough to find ammo for some of the better weapons already. This happened to me with DMR mags. Lost three mags until I figured it out. I suppose the only option is to use an entire magazine before logging so as not to lose ammo?

This happened to me yesterday right after I downloaded the patch. Killed a player and decided to change location to avoid retribution. I ran about half a mile to the middle of a forest and logged out peacefully to wait for my friend to catch up. When I logged back in I checked my backpack and all of my ammo was completely gone. I lost 2 clips for my AKM and about 4 clips for my 1911. This was pretty annoying because my friend had to give me his sidearm and now instead of posting up in another location as planned I now have to find more ammo for my primary weapon because of some glitch.

BUMP please fix this... I'm losing lots of half filled clips because of this stupid and annoying glitch.

i have lost several clips from several types of guns. Always walking with 3 clips to fire fights. AKM, AK74, AK74 Red dot, all this primary clips has being gone from my inventory even after 24 hours of log off log in. I dont know what it is but before i went log off i put then in my backpack and seems to work.

This just happened to me - killed somebody with a FAL and had 6 clips. I logged out, logged back in later to find i had ZERO ammo. Not pleased.