kissa3

For the love of GOD! Think about the children!!

Is there any update coming to fix this "update"? Zombies teleport in buildings, fly through walls, get insta-bleeding on you without even hitting you, they can see you a mile away but yet for some reason ignore controlled Lee-enfield shots.

I get that this patch fu*ked player apocalypse and made it zombie again, but this is just ridiculous. I really like the idea that you are able to hide from zombies, but these zombies cannot be hidden from.

I was crawling in Cherno with a Ghillie suit on. Then a random zombie spots me 20 meters away. Charges in to me, causes bleeding by default (i am still prone), when i get up another 20 zeds magically spot me and continue to beat my poor face in to a bloody pulp.

Seriously? Prone, in a Ghillie suit!

Another slightly WTF moment is that i could fire Lee-Enfield at these same zombies without agroing a single one. Only after about 5 shots at a random zombies, a horde appeared.

If you can edit your post without everything being an exaggeration, I will read it.

unfortunatley rocket i dont think these are exaggerations, pretty much the exact same thing is happening with me (except with an M14).

unfortunatley rocket i dont think these are exaggerations' date=' pretty much the exact same thing is happening with me (except with an M14).

[/quote']

Seconded

he speaka da troof.. fucking zombies run jillion miles an hour and make you bleed and break ur fucking leg in 1 hit and glitch thru walls 90% of the time.. how about you stop being a fucking moron with dumb ass replies to legit posts ROCKET and try and fix the game..

i'll install the last patche in few hours and give my feedbacks bout it

It is possible to play, but you have to adapt player avoidance strategy to zombies. You have to Splinter Cell around zeds from now on.

There are good things however. I went back to playing around, checking mechanics out and here's what i noticed.

You can fool zombies now. (sometimes)

I started running around like a headless chicken in coast villages, attracted a horde of 15 zombies, zigzagged in and out of 3 lootable buildings-shacks-warehouses and the horde reduced to a single zed.

They got lost in the buildings and the hiding cooldown kicked in.

Another thing is that high end guns are easy to find now. I looted a single firestation in elektro. In the firestation i found AKM, M16 and M1014 as well as 1911 and PM Makarov - all in a single firestation.

This patch hit hard and still needs some tweaking, but if you treat zeds like players, you will live.

Only glitchy zombies I saw were some that seem to be stuck inside a building and another one that looked like it fell from orbit.

LOL @ thread title, I expected sarcasm

how about you stop being a fucking moron with dumb ass replies to legit posts ROCKET and try and fix the game..

uninstall it please. because you have no idea that you are not playing a game. you are helping to test a free alpha mod.

also you are the one "being a fucking moron with dumb ass replies to legit posts"

GTFO kthxbye

he speaka da troof.. fucking zombies run jillion miles an hour and make you bleed and break ur fucking leg in 1 hit and glitch thru walls 90% of the time.. how about you stop being a fucking moron with dumb ass replies to legit posts ROCKET and try and fix the game..

Stupid kid, go back to playing COD we don't want you here.

i think the Gs or Zeds should be more of a pain in the arse than a threat. in all the good zombie tails, there just there hanging around waiting for you to fuck up..

and the humans, or other players are the dangerous ones. their the ones that ruin your day.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

A way to kill everyone to see the flashlight you get at the beginning. :)

If you can edit your post without everything being an exaggeration' date=' I will read it.

[/quote']

Funny how not a single thing about that post was an exaggeration.

.. how about you stop being a fucking moron with dumb ass replies to legit posts ROCKET and try and fix the game..

Dear dickhole:

How about you make something, stay up for 2 days straight, unit test your patch and release it on a community that knows it's alpha and then get this feedback from someone so moronic that he uses 'ur' in 2012. You should stick to $60 AAA titles that have been fully tested so you can keep your binky in your mouth.

Please see below:

This mod is about dropping preconceived notions. These people will laugh at you for expecting game balancing, but yeah... Once people are 'on top,' so to speak, they cling to their gear like a WoW fanatic in top level PvP shit.

You know, people have been saying, 'It's alpha' for so long, but I don't think people really HEAR WHAT THAT MEANS.

If you dislike something in the new patch, dispassionately explain, so that rocket can have some fucking feedback.

Don't editorialize. Nobody wants to hear your editorializing that people will leave the game... You know, if someone leaves at this point? GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. The game is in development. In my opinion, it would be better off CLOSED with about 150-200 people who understand what it is, not a bunch of people who want a free AAA release title and act like it at every goddamned turn.

You WILL DIE. You WILL RESTART with nothing. I love my bits of stuff, too. I do. But these days, when I die, I realize one of several things:

1. I died legitimately. I fucked up. I deserve to die.

2. Another player got the drop on me. Very similar to #1.

3. I died from a bug. Has it been explicated in the forums? Then I move on.

4. I died from a change in a new patch. Has it been explicated? Then I move on.

Otherwise, make sure the feedback is constructive, not repetitive and have a good time.

What's so fucking difficult? This is not a released, major studio game. the feedback needed is what seems to be working and not working, not your assessment of the future business model, or your ignorant foggy headed number crunching about how many players will leave.

/rant

How about you fuck off and play another game...

unfortunatley rocket i dont think these are exaggerations' date=' pretty much the exact same thing is happening with me (except with an M14).

[/quote']

+3

Stupid kid' date=' go back to playing COD we don't want you here.

[/quote']

Don't speak for mate, although his post was aggressive (mine are when I report on retardism like this patch)... dont ever talk like you represent the community.

how about you stop being a fucking moron with dumb ass replies to legit posts ROCKET and try and fix the game..

This certainly wasn't the right way to say it but I agree. I found it rather rude that rocket thought he was lying about these bugs? I didn't find his post to sound exaggerated at all. Once you stop respecting the community the community will stop respecting you Rocket. Just saying.

This certainly wasn't the right way to say it but I agree. I found it rather rude that rocket thought he was lying about these bugs? I didn't find his post to sound exaggerated at all. Once you stop respecting the community the community will stop respecting you Rocket. Just saying.

What is more likely is that rocket has been on here all night hearing a lot of people talking shit about him and the patch that he has likely promised to go over multiple times anyway. Eventually that has pissed him off combined with little sleep will get anyone agitated. Hell this has happened with a few moderators in other game forums.

I don't agree with what rocket said, but I will advise that he take a bit of a break. The thing is he isn't in the position to take breaks now. I think last week he was dealing with that hacking situation which I can tell wasn't pleasant.

Now regarding this mod I haven't encountered many of these problems yet, but I'll check it out again.

IMHO, since 1.7.1 my brother and I have died probably 30 times between us both. this version of the game compared to 1.7. I enjoy 1.7 far more to an extent...

I would revert the Zombies behavior back to how they were in 1.7 But keep how the "loot" new character and world drops is now. Me and my brother found that to make the came 10x more interesting... oh and actually running across other survivors that aren't instantly shooting at you is nice too :P.

But in all honestly, and again this is just my humble opinion, I am not bashing the creator(s), But wouldn't you want to work on stability or lag issues before implementing gameplay changes?

If you can edit your post without everything being an exaggeration' date=' I will read it.

[/quote']

The exact same shit has been happening to me.

In addition, you would have to have already read his post to know whether or not "everything" was an exaggeration.

Don't speak for mate' date=' although his post was aggressive (mine are when I report on retardism like this patch)... dont ever talk like you represent the community.

[/quote']

You're right, should've said "I".

It is possible to play' date=' but you have to adapt player avoidance strategy to zombies. You have to Splinter Cell around zeds from now on.

[/quote']

Dude i have played all splinter cell games, all metal gear games, all stealth games you can think of, and these are humans attacking you, not brainless zombies in this game that can see you from ages away, zombies should be put to the previous patch, everything else is fine imo, even starting with no weapon.

But in all honestly' date=' and again this is just my humble opinion, I am not bashing the creator(s), But wouldn't you want to work on stability or lag issues before implementing gameplay changes?

[/quote']

Rocket generally fixes the extreme FPS, lag, and stability issues when they pop up. Otherwise, the purpose of an Alpha is to rapidly iterate on new ideas, not improve stability. Once the mod reaches Beta status, stability improvements will take on more importance.

Also, some of the wonky game behavior is due to the Arma 2 engine, not the mod. Until ARMA 3 comes out and DAYZ is ported, or until DAYZ becomes a standalone game, certain things are not within Rocket's power to fix.

Thankfully, Bohemia Interactive seems to be helping by including DayZ specific bug fixes in the Operation Arrowhead beta patches. This is above and beyond what most developers would do for a mod.

If things are going nuts in DayZ for you, I'd recommend waiting a week or so until a new patch is introduced. This game is completely reborn on every patch, and you will probably have more fun in a subsequent iteration.

It is possible to play' date=' but you have to adapt player avoidance strategy to zombies. You have to Splinter Cell around zeds from now on.

[/quote']

Dude i have played all splinter cell games, all metal gear games, all stealth games you can think of, and these are humans attacking you, not brainless zombies in this game that can see you from ages away, zombies should be put to the previous patch, everything else is fine imo, even starting with no weapon.

If you don't see the difference between what is being done here, and those games, you should go back to playing them.

Your gaming experience here means precisely dick, to paraphrase agent K.