Chase9548

How Will My PC Handle This Game

Ive recently just purchased an EVGA GTX 560 SC FTW 2gb ddr5 and i was wondering what kind of settings i can run and what kind of frames ill be looking at. Ive been playing with the integrated graphics that came with my PC and couldnt handle it anymore and caved in and bought a graphics card.

My Specs:

Quad Core intel i5-2300 2.8GHz

8 gb ddr3 RAM

and now a GTX 560 SC FTW 2gb ddr5

if anyone has similar specs id love to know what its capable of in DayZ

Thanks

• Like 1

Ive recently just purchased an EVGA GTX 560 SC FTW 2gb ddr5 and i was wondering what kind of settings i can run and what kind of frames ill be looking at. Ive been playing with the integrated graphics that came with my PC and couldnt handle it anymore and caved in and bought a graphics card.

My Specs:

Quad Core intel i5-2300 2.8GHz

8 gb ddr3 RAM

and now a GTX 560 SC FTW 2gb ddr5

if anyone has similar specs id love to know what its capable of in DayZ

Thanks

You're looking around medium there.

You're 2300 is quite slow and the 560 isn't the most new thing in the world, you must've got a premium edition cus most of them have 1GB DDR5, you could've got a 7850 which is better, for cheaper.

You will be able to run this on high quality settings. I have a secondary(my old one) computer that is similar to this set up [worse on processer power(amd phenom II X4), worse video card(GTX 550 Ti with the Cyclone fan)] that I run the game on high to very high settings, so you will be fine (depending on internet connection that is). I use this computer quite often to jump in and play and have no problems on very high settings. I will note that I have a pretty good internet connection though.

I have no clue what is up with DayZ, some people with Gtx 590's and i7's can run this game on high with retarded Fps and some people with pentiums and other crap can run on medium, makes sense.

On average though, you would be at a safe FPS running medium/high after saying you have an i5 2500 instead of a 2300.

yea from what ive heard, and with my expierence the games frame rate really can either be really high or really shit. pretty odd if you ask me

If you don't want to bottle neck your video card get a 2500k or if you can overclock that cpu with a better heat sink to hit it around 3.2-3.4 to get more out of your video card, not sure if that cpu is a K at the end meaning you can overclock it.

If you don't want to bottle neck your video card get a 2500k or if you can overclock that cpu with a better heat sink to hit it around 3.2-3.4 to get more out of your video card, not sure if that cpu is a K at the end meaning you can overclock it.

He has a 2500 not a K version but it's good enough, doesn't tell you here though.

See now this doesnt make sense. here are my specs. i cant run this on high in cherno or electro. I mean i can but the frames are so low i cant stand it! Arma 2 is just a poorly optimized game and its also a huge resource hog! has anybody watched how much ram this game uses? its rediculous. i still love the game though. :P

Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.7GHz

8Gb of gskill ram 1600Mhz timing 9-9-9-24

Radeon HD 6950 2gb DDR5 OC version