Dingus (DayZ)

Invisible, No Zombies/Loot, Respawn in strange body land

**EDIT - SOLVED**

The post rocket made in response to another user here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13131&pid=122025#pid122025

has resolved my issue. I completely deleted all previous DayZ files in the @DayZ folder and allowed six launcher/updater to reinstall the mod completely. I believe everything seems ok now. Enjoy the now silly and pointless youtube video.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I uploaded a video on to youtube for staff/mods/whoever to observe.

Date/Time:

6/17/2012, 0:00-2:20 GMT-5 (US East Coast)

What happened:

After struggling to get into a server for about an hour after 1.7.1 rolled out, we decided to try a Russian server. We logged in and noticed immediately that we were invisible and could not see our bodies in third person. We decided of course the next best course of action was to run to NW Airfield only to find we could not see any other zombies/loot/players anything, but we could freely chat with players on the server.

We then gave up eventually and chose to respawn and become weaponless noobs, but upon death we had a 5 second timer to respawn and arrived in a no man's land with bodies, standing and down, all over the place.

Upon inspection, the items and packs these player bodies had were searchable and (some of them) lootable. Some player characters could be shot and killed in this place, but not all. We also saw some spawn and run a bit, then go still.

Eventually we chose to leave the server and come back, to test, only to find we spawned in the exactly location our characters were saved to and spawned in when we first joined.

Where you were:

Initially, new Gvozdno, then to the NW airfield, and then to this weird repository of bodies.

What you were doing:

A lot of running, and then looting the bodies and shooting.

*Current installed version:

ArmA2OA 1.60.93825

Day Z 1.7.1, updated from the warrom Day Z updater

*Server(s) you were on:

I don't remember the number now, but it was a Russian one, RU##.

*Your system specs:

AMD Phenom 2 Quad @ 3.5 Ghz

ATI/AMD 6950 softmodded to 6970 specs

6GB DDR3

*Timeline of events before/after error:

We played for several hours the night before this and decided to log out on the side of a road near Gvozdno. At around 11PM we began trying to log into something, then realized 1.7.1 was out, got it, then continued trying until we finally got into a random RU server. We usually play in the Atlanta ones, but could never spawn in them. Got stuck on "Receiving Data" or the "loading."

Hope this is of some help. It could even be something stupid we did, mayeb not installing something right. I don't know.

**EDIT**

I read a thread rocket posted in with someone having a similar issue. Trying to completely delete all files and reinstall them. I'll report if it works.

**EDIT - SOLVED**

The post rocket made in response to another user here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13131&pid=122025#pid122025

has resolved my issue. I completely deleted all previous DayZ files in the @DayZ folder and allowed six launcher/updater to reinstall the mod completely. I believe everything seems ok now. Enjoy the now silly and pointless youtube video.

No, I already had the latest beta patch, but for some reason my Day Z mod files did not seem to install correctly, maybe cause of using warrom's updater. Deleting all Day Z mod files and then allowing Six Updater to reinstall them corrected this problem.

watched the video. i'm having the same problem, exept i didnt respawn so i still hang out around a airfield and it seems that the sound is off. so no sound when walking or shooting off my guns.

when i go to the airfield the landscape seems kinda strange... no zeds, no loot, even no dead military bodies nor damaged vehicles/rubble piles

also the info window wich contains information on bleedlevel murders etc is gone and the hear/sight indicators are still there but not working (always showing zero bars)

i installed the latest beta patch, though arma says in tiny letters on thebottom of the screen: version 1.60.43385

i deleted the @dayz folder, and manually installed the latest patch (torrent download DE server). -still same problem

i deleted the @dayz folder, and updated through the six updater. -still same problem

running arma 2 combined operations on steam

Also, not sure if that came with the patch, but all the cars got returned back to their original spawns, which kinda sucks.

changelog says that is patch related

EDIT:

ok, i runned the game throught the beta shortcut in the CO folder, now i am visible again and i found some loot. but alle the other bugs are still there (no sound exept when clicking on stuff in the inventory etc)

Your not meant to kill or loot or you get perma banned xD

No changes we made seemed permanent, so no harm no foul.

As for anyone else having problems and asking, again all I did to correct this was completely delete my @DayZ folder, make sure the latest beta patch (93825) was installed, and then allow Six Updater to reinstall Day Z for me. Good luck to you if this doesn't fix it for you though.

I also figure that some servers don't have 1.7.1 installed yet, and even if you're updated and installed correctly, maybe connecting to a server without the update could cause this too. I'm not sure though.

Im still having the same problem. reinstalled files and i still spawn in the wastelands.

Good luck on it then. Sorry if my solution isn't working out for you.

ok, so i deleted the dayz folder, downloaded the files, installed them manually, installed the latest beta patch, running the game through the beta exe and going on servers with the EXACT version i have (1.7.1 @93825)

and still most of the time no sound, missing info window, hear/sight indikators showing always no bars or gettin stuck on the loading screen

...i guess the patch-launch had gone horribly wrong :)

well its an alpha so lets hope it gets fixed soon^^

ok' date=' so i deleted the dayz folder, downloaded the files, installed them manually, installed the latest beta patch, running the game through the beta exe and going on servers with the EXACT version i have (1.7.1 @93825)

and still most of the time no sound, missing info window, hear/sight indikators showing always no bars or gettin stuck on the loading screen

...i guess the patch-launch had gone horribly wrong :)

well its an alpha so lets hope it gets fixed soon^^

[/quote']

A lot seems to have gone awry and we just have to wait for them to fix it. Even now as I log into servers my FPS has dropped to like 5. I think I may just go play some regular arma 2 or something.

**EDIT - SOLVED**

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I uploaded a video on to youtube for staff/mods/whoever to observe.

Date/Time:

6/17/2012' date=' 0:00-2:20 GMT-5 (US East Coast)

[b']What happened:

After struggling to get into a server for about an hour after 1.7.1 rolled out, we decided to try a Russian server. We logged in and noticed immediately that we were invisible and could not see our bodies in third person. We decided of course the next best course of action was to run to NW Airfield only to find we could not see any other zombies/loot/players anything, but we could freely chat with players on the server.

We then gave up eventually and chose to respawn and become weaponless noobs, but upon death we had a 5 second timer to respawn and arrived in a no man's land with bodies, standing and down, all over the place.

Upon inspection, the items and packs these player bodies had were searchable and (some of them) lootable. Some player characters could be shot and killed in this place, but not all. We also saw some spawn and run a bit, then go still.

Eventually we chose to leave the server and come back, to test, only to find we spawned in the exactly location our characters were saved to and spawned in when we first joined.

Where you were:

Initially, new Gvozdno, then to the NW airfield, and then to this weird repository of bodies.

What you were doing:

A lot of running, and then looting the bodies and shooting.

*Current installed version:

ArmA2OA 1.60.93825

Day Z 1.7.1, updated from the warrom Day Z updater

*Server(s) you were on:

I don't remember the number now, but it was a Russian one, RU##.

*Your system specs:

AMD Phenom 2 Quad @ 3.5 Ghz

ATI/AMD 6950 softmodded to 6970 specs

6GB DDR3

*Timeline of events before/after error:

We played for several hours the night before this and decided to log out on the side of a road near Gvozdno. At around 11PM we began trying to log into something, then realized 1.7.1 was out, got it, then continued trying until we finally got into a random RU server. We usually play in the Atlanta ones, but could never spawn in them. Got stuck on "Receiving Data" or the "loading."

Hope this is of some help. It could even be something stupid we did, mayeb not installing something right. I don't know.

**EDIT**

I read a thread rocket posted in with someone having a similar issue. Trying to completely delete all files and reinstall them. I'll report if it works.

**EDIT - SOLVED**

same prob for me thks

ok noobs pretty easy to understand this issue.

1) Delete ur DayZ folder

2) Download the DayZ Torrent from here : http://cdn.armafiles.info/DayZ-1.7.1.torrent

3) Download the Arma2 OA BETA Patch : ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93825.zip

4) when all is downloaded install the Arma2 OA BETA patch FIRST!

5) Extract the DayZ Zip file to your OA Addons @DayZ folder

6) Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch Shortcut in the Arma2 folder which is under Steam\SteamApps\Common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

If this doesnt work = Fail at understanding patching. IF u still spawn up in debug zone go EAST 7KM and u will run into the map. Simple :D

OMG

thank u so much... this is the FIRST time someone gave me these instructions...

holy moly, good thing i didnt stated in early posts, that i already did the exact same steps... otherwise u would have looked like an arrogant little kid who's just reposting stuff we already tried. even though, i must say, u tried to help us in a really nice and charming way

btw the problem solved itself, i dont know if it was the latest clientpatch or some serverside update...

EDIT:

well... exept for the occational "getting stuck at loading screen" bug :)

I have that problem too.I found this video.

Yeah, that's the one I made and posted in the OP lol.

I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to loot or kill, so I looted my arse off, but when I logged out and logged back in my loot was gone :-(

I keep starting with nothing but a flashlight, and the zombies don't see me. I can walk right up to them and bump into them.

Every fifth server (or so) seems to work like normal...

Thank you for this. I'll try to do the same.

Edit : I did everything right, more than one time and even reinstalled the game, it's not working for me. This is tiresome.

I was playing today and no problems, but when a log out and later log in, i only see grass and no buildings at all, and few ppl spawning and dying the same as the video. I delete the whole dayz folder and use the six updater to download all the mod again and i still have this problem