Sign in to follow this  
DarkRaven (DayZ)

Server Questions - Dogs & Clothes problems.

Right, the server I call home is having some problems. Thought I'd ask the forums for advice on how to fix it.

1. Anyone switching clothes (camo/ghillie/civilian) instantly gets kicked out due to Script Restriction #45. Upon entering no clothchange has taken place and usually the clothes are gone and you now carry a spare civilian clothes set. What to do? What should the admin do?

2. Dogs. Today, when some guys entered. A german sheppard showed up and started running back and forth between my squadmates. Zombies didnt seem to care about it. It couldn't be shot. We tried to outrun it with our chopper, when we landed it was just sitting next to the chopper. Staring at us... What the holy fekk is this sorcery? Did we bring a hacker to our camp? What does Server Restriction #227 do? A player got kicked due to it just seconds before the dog showed up.

3. Bonus question. Today when my crew logged in there was a "Monky Monitor" that sorta bugged out the server, the admin later restarted the server making it go away. Is there any way to find out who inserted this thing?

• Like 2

I had the same issue with skins on mine when I upgraded to 1.7.4.4, There was a fix posted that admins can modify in their scripts.txt file, tried it and now swapping to any of the cloths avaiable works without anyone getting kicked.

Thread Post with fix(s) is: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/107766-1744-script-restriction-errors-38-41-45-etc/page__st__80#entry1024522

Just put that scripts.txt in and restart your server and it should work fine. It did for me.

1. Server side Hotfix for the clothing issues

http://killzonekid.c...update-on-dayz/

A quick one. Open file scripts.txt in your relevant BattlEye directory and find this line

5 setHit !”\”setHit\”,” !”object_setHitServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers \”\z” !”player setHit[\"legs\",1];” !”_unit setHit[\"legs\",0];” !”_unit setHit[\"hands\",0];” !”_unit setHit[_selection,_damage];” !”_total = [_unit,_hit,_damage] call object_setHitServer;” !”_ent setVariable [\"hit_legs\",2,true];”

Will probably be line #47… then change it like this:

5 setHit !”\”setHit\”,” !”object_setHit” !”object_setHitServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers \”\z” !”player setHit[\"legs\",1];” !”_unit setHit[\"legs\",0];” !”_unit setHit[\"hands\",0];” !”_unit setHit[_selection,_damage];” !”_total = [_unit,_hit,_damage] call object_setHitServer;” !”_ent setVariable [\"hit_legs\",2,true];”

Enjoy! P.S. Oh and if you’re using BERcon.exe just type in loadScripts and you don’t have to restart the server for changes to work.

2.As far as dogs go, thats a hackers work. It might have been himself turning into a dog, since you couldnt kill it, as most hackers tend to be "indestructable".

Check the logs for some kind of evidence, perhaps you get lucky. As for the BE restriction #227, you need to compare the output in scripts.log with line #227 in scripts.txt. The .log will tell you what exact process got kicked by BE, and the .txt will dictate what kind of processes are allowed to run in the game.

3. One of the problem here is, hackers make a new version, BE detect it, hackers update and make it undetectable, BE detects it.

Its a never ending circle of evil crap :/ Again, its all in the BE logs if they caught anything.

But we got soooo many BE logs now, they are bound to find something tbh.

Edited by Byrgesen