CreatioNz

Australian / New Zealand Server update - Loading screen issue

Hey Guys,

so the ANZ and NZ series of servers that we are all so familiar with have all finally made the move to update to 1.7.0 and 1.7.1, however now, even with the correct binaries etc in the @dayZ folder, everyone i have spoken too is having issues at the "waiting for character to create" screen, or the loading screen that follows this and it just hangs. Is anyone able to provide information on the cause or a fix for this issue?

As it stands, all australian/new zealand players i have spoken to are pretty much unable to play on servers with ping below 150.

I have tried the multiple fix's that people have mentioned on the forum to date and none work. These include -

* Updating BattleEye and copying to expansion folder.

* uninstalling and changing beta patch version

* deleting local profiles and recreating new profile

* allowing sufficient time for connection (over 15 minutes)

etc

As it stands, the only fix people have for this issue is just to roll back to the v1.6 code... but with all the servers at 1.7.0 and 1.7.1, this is pointless.

I've only had this problem on the NZ Orcon servers so far the ANZ ones work fine for me. I haven't figured out how to fix it, all my DayZ mod, Beta and BattleEye files are up to date, so same boat here too I guess.

If I do manage to spawn I'm in a bandit skin and then I get battleye kicked for a script restriction #16 whatever that is.

On Orcon servers I'm getting the same thing but it flashes a message saying I'm using DayZ code 1.71 and the server is using 1.70.

EDIT: Fixed the script restriction #16 error. Sometimes I am dumb.

The same is happening to me on both the NZ servers and the VN1 server as well.

Having the same,

Few things

Worked OK yesterday running 1.60

Didn't work this morning running 1.6

Updated to 1.7

Didn't work

Tried on other countries server

Receiving same issue.

Left loading screen for 5-10minutes

Seems to be the game, I just bought Arma2 and CO yesterday so I could play this weekend.

After 16GB of downloads I can't even play.

Please help me jebus

Aite, had this problem this morning with 1.7 and old beta etc etc

Updated everything, latest patch, latest beta, to a tee per forum instructions multiple times, installed in multiple ways (six launcher, manually, battleyey update through steam, battleye through their manual way on website etc etc)

I now dont get the loading screen issue

I just get kicked off every single server I try to join and have NFI why

Ok i have resolved my issue.

I rolled back to the beta build 93701, using the ArmAII launcher, i made sure the 'run beta' box was ticked and added the path to the beta launcher. This also resolved the issue with being invisible in 3rd person and not having a HUD.

Creationz can you provide more info on how to do this?

Thanks

Here's a screenshot of an error

I have removed all dayz files and reinstalled still not able to get into game.

hmm that weapon error doesnt really cause issues man. but if you go to the URL below and update the files in your dayz folder located at -

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons'

then it should resolve most issues.

im using the 'spirited launcher', in the 'launch options' tab, on the right side there is a tick box called run beta, and there is a link next to it which will take you to a download page for the newest 'beta patch'

see example here -

http://tinypic.com/r/333v6ew/6

updated binaries

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

beta patch's

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

and now everyone is experiencing the script error #16 due to the newest beta build and the only fix on the forums is to roll it back, but with the aus and nz servers now being updated to where they require beta patch 93825 ... again, we cant do anything haha

Update: by the looks of it, its just the newly updated servers that are having the script errors and loading screen crash's (NZ 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) NZ 1, 2, 9, 10 were updated yesterday or something and are currently working without issue.

ANZ servers are sporadic, doesnt really seem to be a trend as to which ones work or when.

Update: NZ servers have resolved issues, and are no longer getting kained with a phenominal amount of connect/disconnect spam.