Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

Helicopter crash site - infected respawn rate

So i found my first helicopter crash site with 1.7.1, and it had a large number of infected around it but i was pretty well equipped, so killed them all rather easily.

Then i started moving in and just as i was about 10m from the helicopter the infected started respawning all around me, right in front of my eyes and i got mobbed. Anyway i managed to get out of there and leg it, had about 7 or 8 chasing me. Then the server was restarted for battleeye or something and when i rejoined the crash site was gone.

So is this a common scenario with crash sites (zombies spawning right in front of you?), or is it a 1.7.1 bug. I thought it might be like that to make clearing a crash site hard or something (either way it's fucking annoying).

Then the server was restarted for battleeye or something and when i rejoined the crash site was gone.

i.e. i never got a chance to get near enough to loot

With 1.71, Zomies are supposed to spawn at a minimum of 30 meters from the player.

With 1.71' date=' Zomies are supposed to spawn at a minimum of 30 meters from the player.

[/quote']

well i can say with 100% positivity that it was less than 30m, and that also 30m is way too close anyway. Any distance that the infected can spawn and instantly be agroed at is too close imo.

With 1.71' date=' Zomies are supposed to spawn at a minimum of 30 meters from the player.

[/quote']

well i can say with 100% positivity that it was less than 30m, and that also 30m is way too close anyway. Any distance that the infected can spawn and instantly be agroed at is too close imo.

Agreed.

Same problem to be had with deer stands, and some other structures.

It's been happening with all sites that spawn zombies from what I've read on the forums. Posted a thread in troubleshooting, still waiting on more info

So in 1.7.1 I guess replacement Zeds still spawn in too quickly? That's a real pain, it makes impossible to clear an area....

I'm next to a helicopter crash site, and there is nothing to pick up aa!

I thought there would be something now ...

I wait a bit for a response from staff, but it always seems empty, even after the patch.

Similar things happened to me near the north hospital in Cherno. The appartments, there spawn hordes of 6-10 right in front of you.

Similar things happened to me near the north hospital in Cherno. The appartments' date=' there spawn hordes of 6-10 right in front of you.

[/quote']

That exact thing at that exact place almost killed me just now. :/

They need to spawn further apart from each other, and the spawn time needs to be higher.