wo0kie (DayZ)

Spawning in Barren Wasteland?

stuck in barren wasteland with no gear on my character. every server i try is the same thing. tried canada 2 and no change.

Was on a sever that went down while i was still playing, when i reconnected to the server after it updated i spawned there with several others. Before teleport i was near the NEAF.

almost 30 day old character :( can anyone offer anymore help?

respawning does not work either.

Hi,

I am spawning with a number of other players way way to the northeast of the map in an open plains (812895 Gps coords).

Been to a dozen different servers and the same thing happens.

Reinstalled the mod completely, same thing.

Looks like there may be corruption on the backend character database?

Hey devs, how bout a wipe of all the players, this is only an alpha....

Got the same problem.

I use the 1.7.1.1 hotfix with the arma 83525 patch. Logged out near Berenzino to make myself something to eat IRL. After logging in again, about 40 minutes later, I found myself near about 30 other characters. None of them moving but a few dead though. Tried another server, allmost same thing. Some Dead guys, some Living and some Shooting at me. Next server, still the same. After checking the Forum and Youtube, i ran about 70 minutes straight South East. Then I had to log off to go to work. A Real shame. Just had a respawn because of the "Fancy dress spawns you in the ocean Bug". I dont really care about spawning again but in the actual patch, I´m kinda happy that I got a weapon and dont want to loose it again. :/

How about a Location reset?

I spawned there, got shot by some dick named Michael. It was epic. Lost all my loots and played time, ah well, thats alpha for you!

Im in the same shitty spot. I'm going to try to upgrade to 1.7.2 and see what happens....

Im in the same shitty spot. I'm going to try to upgrade to 1.7.2 and see what happens....

Didnt help me =[

the server i was just playing on (Dallas 39... my home server) just restarted. i reconnected and spawned in debug with NO GEAR AT ALL. I tried updating to 1.7.1.2 and tried different servers and still im spawning with NO GEAR in the damn debug field. I tried reverting back to 1.7.1.1 and connecting to my home server and there is no change. Ill run out of debug thats fine but I had a DMR and nightvision on me that i WANT BACK. I literally have NOTHING, and no... i wasnt wearing camo or anything.

anyone know what to do here?

Thou shal not wander in the darkness no longer! It seems that if you download the six updater suite and use that to update the game, you will be able to play as normal after respawning. I hope luck to you all.

Can someone PLEASE get a solution for this! I've ran back to the map I keep spawning here non-stop. I make it back to the coast even, whenever I log off and get back on (any server) I'm still in the damn debug forrest.

Hi Guys,

Out of interest is there an offical fix for this issue yet ?

I am yet another one experiencing the 'Wastelands' (Not the forrest) - I see lots of bug fixes addressed in patches/hotfixes but nothing that adressed this issue specifically....

I have tried to play in a number of servers but to no avail - Rocket is this being addressed or being looked into ?

Thanks all,

-Vinny-

Same thing happened to me today/last night.

Logged off in the wilderness with no problems. Logged in this morning in the wilderness (no trees/buildings/etc.). All of my items were gone though my health stats remained the same.

It should be noted that I *was* wearing the camo skin (I know this is an issue) however I had the camo for 2 days without issue. Also, the server I play on was updated to 1.7.1.2 overnight when I was logged off so this might be the cause.

I attempted to log into a couple other servers and experienced the same issue. I then gave up and killed myself and was able to spawn with no issues in Kamenka.

My Game Version: 1.7.1.2 + Beta 93825.

Server: Seattle 47 (Version 1.7.1.2)

Location when logged off: NNW of Berezino

What I was doing: Lying prone near a pine tree

Equipment carried: Wincester, Makarov, ammo, canteens, a couple of steaks, assorted med supplies, map, compass, watch, knife, hatchet, matches, smoke grenade, flares, AKM in backback, AKM mags in backpack. (Listing in case of commonality causing the bug).

Current location: Respawned and having fun avoiding zombies without gear! (For the record I love the not spawning with a weapon).

Happened to me suddenly after trying to join several 1.7.1.2 server unsuccessfully. Tried joining other servers, the same. 21 days so far, all gear gone. No murders. No camo. Really really frustrated with this.

Looks like the only way out is a respawn and back to day 1 :(

I have an bug that looks like the same but i spawn in wather and no land is around me

Where you were: sea with no land around me

What you were doing: Join a 1.7.0 and 1.7.1.1 Server

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.1

*Server(s) you were on: 1.7.1.1

*Your system specs:

http://www.sysprofile.de/id113268

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Installed DayZ 1.7.0 play on 16.06.2012

bug start at 17.01.2012 with v 1.7.0

install six updater and try again, the same bug

I have been trying to solve this for 2 days now. No matter what server I log into I am in this debug area. If I repawn or am killed, I respawn here. I have waypoints showing up on my screen as well. Is there any way to fix this?

Same thing is happening to me, every time I respawn, I'm back in debug plains. Plently of people experiencing the same thing in all the servers I've been at today. Basically unplayable.

Go east guys. This place is located WEST of Debug Forest, which is west of Zelengorsk.

This happened me today, for the first time ever.

I had a GPS and I could tell by the coords that running north or south was making the GPS move... but west/east had no change in coords... However I decided to stick something in my W key (since we have no autorun feature).. After about 5 minutes, I could see a treeline.. I then appeared on my GPS and yes, I was arriving on the west side of the world.

So, if you spawn in the wasteland and have stuff you dont want to lose to a respawn.. Go east. (Towards the sun if you dont have a compass)

Ok heres how I had to do it.

Downversion to 1.7.1.1

Launch Beta Patch as Admin

Canada 2. If you do not have debug monitor youre fucked You have to go east BUT theres assholes there shooting at you so kind of work your way outside the normal paths. Once you reach the road despawn.

Exit Game

Upversion 1.7.1.4

Join whatever server.

Saved my equipment :D

I got my self out of there =]

I was in nowhere, nothing around me, trees, glass, nothing, just some weird ground.

I ran to East, about 5 minutes, so the game clashed (it's happing often with newest beta) . I logged again I was in Wildness, trees allover the place... so I continue to run to east... game clash (wat?!) ... And I logged near Privioto(?) , I think it's Pavlovo ... I cannot log right now because it's fucking dark in the unique server running 1.7.1.4, and I don't have N.V or balls to run an unknown place in completely dark =]

So:

Client: Beta Build 93825, dayz 1.7.1.4

Walked about 5 mins to EAST .[clash/logout] Went to Wildness .

Walked about 2 mins to EAST. [clash/logout] Went to Privioto(Not remember right, must be IPavlovo?).

Server: Some random 1.7.1.4 Veteran that was slots and a not so high ping.

here is how i solved this:

1. join any server that req. dayz verision 1.7.0(no,you dont need to downgrade your version from what u got)

2.log in,you will see load of ppl standing there(most of them is not even online)

3. run east till u get to pavlovo

4.to be sure you dont get back to the forest after next login try loot any empty cane(there is plenty of them around pavlovo)

5.abort,choose your current version server,enjoy

Hi Guys,

Whilst I really appreciate the input from some of the community members on 'work arounds' for this bug, I must admit I am a little disappointed that we have had absolutely no feedback at all from the Dev's.

Granted, the game is at Alpha stage and bugs are to be expected but I cant help but feel that this issue specifically is being ignored or not looked into - I have no doubt in my mind that the Dev team are excruciatingly busy with hotfixes, server stability and the like and thus far I feel the game has had more than enough support. The recent developments of the game itself have impressed many of the community and I'd like to be part of it, but without an 'official fix' for this problem many of the community are being left out of the excitement !!!!

I have heard that the 'running East fix' can take anywhere between 5 mins and 4 hours depending on where you spawn - I would simply rather wait for an official fix before potentially getting killed when I re-enter the map.

Rocket and Team - Please can you give us some feedback on this issue, is it being looked into ?

Thanks !

Hi Guys' date='

Whilst I really appreciate the input from some of the community members on 'work arounds' for this bug, I must admit I am a little disappointed that we have had absolutely no feedback at all from the Dev's.

Granted, the game is at Alpha stage and bugs are to be expected but I cant help but feel that this issue specifically is being ignored or not looked into - I have no doubt in my mind that the Dev team are excruciatingly busy with hotfixes, server stability and the like and thus far I feel the game has had more than enough support. The recent developments of the game itself have impressed many of the community and I'd like to be part of it, but without an 'official fix' for this problem many of the community are being left out of the excitement !!!!

I have heard that the 'running East fix' can take anywhere between 5 mins and 4 hours depending on where you spawn - I would simply rather wait for an official fix before potentially getting killed when I re-enter the map.

Rocket and Team - Please can you give us some feedback on this issue, is it being looked into ?

Thanks !

[/quote']

Hi,

The reason no one has answered is because the answer is in a sticky at the top of the forum.

People are only teleported off map and stay there when (98% of the time) they either run the incorrect files/join a incompatible server or (2% of the time) there is an issue related directly to a server crashing.

In any case, the fix is to always run the latest files and to always be aware of what server version you are joining.

Once that's sorted you have to either re-spawn or run back to the map.

Magnet