Maxipaddy

Frame rate problem?

Hi i recently got ArmA(Exclusively to play dayz ofc) and i got my new gaming system up... however i'm getting terrible frame rate per second at max,is there something i clicked that i shouldnt?

EVERYTHING is on max, 3d resolu 1920,HDR max,anti x8,sharp filter etc etc so yeah... with my pc it shouldnt be a problem..

Specs are ...

CPU: I5 3570k stock 3.4

GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC Dual X

Ram: 4X2GB (four sticks total 8 gb corsair ram)

That's the hardware.. which should give me over 70 FPS pretty easily,i understand 20-30 FPS(what i get right now, in chernarus or something) but nope lol

Help please!

• Like 1

have you tried playing it with your monitor turned off?

Genius.

Arma 2 (Dayz) is a strange beast, the game engine itself is so sluggish that even with highend hardware its difficult to get a decent framerate with ALL settings on max.

But this is Dayz, NOT some other FPS game, think again. Anything from 30fps is good in dayz.

Back to square one, try google or if you have 1-2 hours of testing time, you can try for youre self testing different settings. Do NOT put all settings on max, that will rape youre computer, Highend or not.

Also try turning Off the cfx and see if you have the same performance.

• Like 1

Arma 2 (Dayz) is a strange beast, the game engine itself is so sluggish that even with highend hardware its difficult to get a decent framerate with ALL settings on max.

But this is Dayz, NOT some other FPS game, think again. Anything from 30fps is good in dayz.

Back to square one, try google or if you have 1-2 hours of testing time, you can try for youre self testing different settings. Do NOT put all settings on max, that will rape youre computer, Highend or not.

Also try turning Off the cfx and see if you have the same performance.

I love you!have my babies

Thanks you're right it should be on DayZ side i got 60 solid on vsync with some tweaking.

Edited by Maxipaddy

Ya to run Arma on Max you'll need a 5ghz+ sandy bridge i7 and crossfire 7970's it's a very bad optimized game I haven't seen more than 30fps on max settings with my 5.3ghz 2700k

I sincerely hope we don't have these kind of problems in the standalone.

I just accidentally changed something graphics related in my .ini and I can't tell what it was, so I'm going to have to start from scratch (what a dumbass)

I sincerely hope we don't have these kind of problems in the standalone.

I just accidentally changed something graphics related in my .ini and I can't tell what it was, so I'm going to have to start from scratch (what a dumbass)

you don´t have to reinstall the game from scratch,

in most cases it´s sufficient to delete cfg-, profile- and beta folders, reinsall beta and restart the game.

Edited by @ST

I don't mean I re-installed the game. :lol:

Just restored an older backup, but I have to fiddle with all my settings again.

BTW, can anyone link me to a decent written guide for FPS tweaking?

The ArmA 2 config doesn't quite work the way I remember. Everything feels a wee bit jumpy for some reason.

I don't mean I re-installed the game. :lol:

Just restored an older backup, but I have to fiddle with all my settings again.

BTW, can anyone link me to a decent written guide for FPS tweaking?

The ArmA 2 config doesn't quite work the way I remember. Everything feels a wee bit jumpy for some reason.

Will this be fine? http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52583-ultimate-dayz-graphics-settings-and-tweaks-guide/

If not just google it

• Like 1